Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-26-2008, 01:17 AM   #16
Don't Stop Believing!!

3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What mode do you play in 2K9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Instinct
I'm a hardcore hoop fan. And, I usually only have the time to play my 360 in between 7:30-12:00 a.m., there's not much left to do. As dab0y said, I enjoy the sim feel and slowing the game down. It does it for me. Not for everyone I guess.
How much points do you usually score in a game?
3.2.1. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:16 AM   #17
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
All Star. It doesn't even matter whihc mode you play in vs. mode, as long as you have the right sliders.

Against the computer, All star is the way to go. In Superstar mode, PG usually just dribble near the 3pt line then one ridiculous bounce pass to a back door cut and it's always an easy layup. They don't do it as much in All Star

Or you get some scrubby Point Guard dominating.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:59 AM   #18
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I finished Live 05 with 12 minute quarters and an 82 game season. Took me over 2 months to finish it. After that I played the playoffs, best of 7. In the end I felt like I had accomplished something.

Need to change sliders for 2k9 so I can play 12 min quarters. Right now I'm at 9 min, but I'm scoring around 85-100 ppg, so 12 min is too much.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:34 PM   #19
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Talking Re: What mode do you play in 2K9?

Youre at 9 min quarters, but barely scoring a hundred?
NastaMaverick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:03 PM   #20
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Killer_Instinct has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.2.1.
How much points do you usually score in a game?

Before I found realistic sliders I was at about 115 PPG. After I implemented the slider adjustments, I'm at about 93.6 PPG. Playing without changes(On 12 Min) is crazy IMO, unless youre not looking for a realistic game. You'll constantly net between 115-130 PPG.

Last edited by Killer_Instinct : 12-26-2008 at 01:07 PM.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:35 PM   #21
Don't Stop Believing!!

3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What does adjusting the sliders mean? What does it do?
Old 12-26-2008, 05:22 PM   #22
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Quote:
What does adjusting the sliders mean? What does it do?

They dictate the way the game is played. You can change them From 0-100. For instance, if you think the CPU is making too many alley oops, you lower the Hands slider. It'll lower their chance of catching crazy passes. All sliders are set at 50 at default. Sometimes you'll need to lower and raise some. I had to lower the CPU and my Jumpshot success from Mid, Close and Long range. Also the layups had to go down to get a realistic feel to the game.

They're there so unltimatley you can get the game to play like you want it too. If you never want to miss, you can raise them that high. If you want to do 360 dunks all game, you can raise your dunking slider also. They're helpful, but if you play sim, they can be a pain in the ass to experiment and manipulate.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:06 PM   #23
Don't Stop Believing!!

Quote:
They dictate the way the game is played. You can change them From 0-100. For instance, if you think the CPU is making too many alley oops, you lower the Hands slider. It'll lower their chance of catching crazy passes. All sliders are set at 50 at default. Sometimes you'll need to lower and raise some. I had to lower the CPU and my Jumpshot success from Mid, Close and Long range. Also the layups had to go down to get a realistic feel to the game.

They're there so unltimatley you can get the game to play like you want it too. If you never want to miss, you can raise them that high. If you want to do 360 dunks all game, you can raise your dunking slider also. They're helpful, but if you play sim, they can be a pain in the ass to experiment and manipulate.
Cool... how did you find the perfect adjustment?
Old 12-26-2008, 11:26 PM   #24
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Quote:
Cool... how did you find the perfect adjustment?

A lot of experimenting. I also went to Operation Sports and 2K Sports and looked at a few suggestions from others. Like I said, the process can be hell, and I just recently(about 3 1/2 weeks ago) got the sliders just right, and I got the game the first day it was realeased back in October. But if you get it just right, 2K9 is the best ball game out hands down.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:09 AM   #25
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
A lot of experimenting. I also went to Operation Sports and 2K Sports and looked at a few suggestions from others. Like I said, the process can be hell, and I just recently(about 3 1/2 weeks ago) got the sliders just right, and I got the game the first day it was realeased back in October. But if you get it just right, 2K9 is the best ball game out hands down.

Let me alkso add that the guys in Operation Sports also update their sliders to accomodate changes in the patches made for 2k9. There are some pretty good sliders in OS that you should try and see for yourself.

By the way, to the guys playing Superstar, doesn't point guards dominate like crazy? Do they make a lot of back door passes straight to dunks?
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:08 AM   #26
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
Let me alkso add that the guys in Operation Sports also update their sliders to accomodate changes in the patches made for 2k9. There are some pretty good sliders in OS that you should try and see for yourself.

By the way, to the guys playing Superstar, doesn't point guards dominate like crazy? Do they make a lot of back door passes straight to dunks?
I haven't had that problem. I've put my dunk slider down, so that there aren't any excessive dunking, it seems about right at the moment. However, quite a few times a PG will burst out for 15 plus assists, which is f*cking stupid. Though it's not a regular occurance and players' season averages are usually pretty good. Apart from rebounding, which is pretty low, the highest rpg is 11.2, I think.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:14 AM   #27
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here

HOF. Can any of you hook me up with a link to the realistic sliders?

Thanks.
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #28
ALaz502
I airball my layups

ALaz502 has an OK reputation so far

All Star or Superstar mode.

Sometimes All Star gets way too easy for me so I switch it to Superstar. Sometimes Superstar gets too hard so I switch it to All Star.

Dynasty with 6 minute quarters. That way to get their "true" NBA stats, all I have to do is multiply everything by two.
ALaz502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:23 AM   #29
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
HOF. Can any of you hook me up with a link to the realistic sliders?

Thanks.

I second that... can anyone post their sliders?? i finally got NBA2k9 and i want it to be more realistic without the hours of labor over the sliders.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:27 AM   #30
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
I second that... can anyone post their sliders?? i finally got NBA2k9 and i want it to be more realistic without the hours of labor over the sliders.

Just go to Operation Sports and to the forums. There's a specific forum dedicated on NBA 2k9 sliders

I'd give you the link, but its blocked here in the office
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: