Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 11-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool
Default How is your GM Chris Wallace regarded amongst Grizzlies fans?

I'm looking at some of the moves he's made over the past few years, and considering the position he's in with trying to cut costs, he looks like he's doing a pretty good job.

He had to give up Pau Gasol, but he got cap space and 2 young bigs in return in Marc Gasol and Darrell Arthur who are 1-2 in rebounding amongst rookies this season.

He got OJ Mayo from Minny in a smart deal from my point of view.

Not sure this was him, but he got Rudy Gay for Shane Battier.

He's made some really nice moves the way I'm seeing it. The only place I see where he could have done better was maybe drafting Conley, and even that there wasn't really anyone there, unless they had dropped back to take Stuckey.

Basically what I'm saying is Chris Wallace.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:38 AM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How is your GM Chris Wallace regarded amongst Grizzlies fans?

You won't hear many good things from Grizzly fans. At the time, the Pau trade was just brutal. After that trade Grizzlies lost something like 10 straight games, whereas the Lakers only lost 2 out of 16 games after acquiring Pau. The trade also put the Lakers over the top and they got a trip to the finals, whereas the Grizzlies had almost no talent on the court or the bench.

However, the Grizzlies look to be really getting their act together with some solid offseason moves and some very good basketball at the moment. I think if things carry on like this, we could sneak up to somewhere around the 9th or 10th spot at the end of the season.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Obviously at the time it was a very bad trade for Memphis. But now that you see more of what they actually got out of the deal, they got some nice pieces that will be apart of the team for a long time.

And Marc's numbers aren't far behind what Pau is putting up this season.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #4
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

At the time it was bad, yes, but at the same time, it gave us a brighter future. We may not be great this year or next year, but a couple of years from now, the Grizz will be a solid playoff team.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #5
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

I believe that. As long as they can hold onto Gay and Mayo.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

The rudy gay trade was one of the last jerry west moves. Wallace is really 50/50 on moves so far with me. I like the fact that we are under the cap and have some talented prospects. But if wallace dosent sign anyone and cant keep these players in memphis then this was all a waste.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: