Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-09-2008, 11:16 PM   #1
kobebryant242424
I airball my layups

kobebryant242424 has an OK reputation so far
Default Add Arenas/Ellis/Ginobilli

Hi, I am in a 8-Man H2H league and I am wondering if I should add Ginobilli, Arenas, or Ellis.. if any. I am just concerned I will suffer too much if I drop one of my players. Should I wait and just try to pick up one later when it is closer to their returns, or should I take the gamble on them?

My current roster is
Yao Ming
Kobe Bryant
Marcus Camby
Al Thornton
Jason Kidd
Kevin Durant
Ron Artest
T.J. Ford
Nate Robinson
Anthony Parker
Danny Granger
Caron Butler
Al Horford

Thanks
kobebryant242424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:36 PM   #2
Mordecai11
I brick open layups

Mordecai11 has decent reputation
Default Re: Add Arenas/Ellis/Ginobilli

Aren't they all out until like December? I guess you can wait a little bit but not too much..

I missed my live draft and I didn't set my rankings and the cpu chose all three of those guys ..
Mordecai11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:18 AM   #3
nlsosh
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nlsosh has an OK reputation so far

Your team is very strong in almost all positions...Only one I would drop would possibly Anthony Parker IF you elect to drop/add - only go for one of these three. I would grab Arenas - but keep a watchful eye on Gino...with Parker out, he might rush/push his return.

Best of luck..
nlsosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.

ginobili will be back before the other two. he also puts up better fantasy numbers, i'd pick him up for sure
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:10 PM   #5
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

With Thornton's inconsistency and recent one-cat contributions, along with the promising news just released on Manu, I'd drop Thornton for Ginobilli and never look back.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:02 PM   #6
kobebryant242424
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
With Thornton's inconsistency and recent one-cat contributions, along with the promising news just released on Manu, I'd drop Thornton for Ginobilli and never look back.

do u think I'm better off dropping Thornton than Parker? I have lost the first two weeks in points and have been weak on rebounds. My team is holding it's own on three's however.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #7
kobebryant242424
I airball my layups

bump
Old 11-10-2008, 09:34 PM   #8
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant242424
do u think I'm better off dropping Thornton than Parker? I have lost the first two weeks in points and have been weak on rebounds. My team is holding it's own on three's however.

I like Parker's overall stats much better personally. You can deal excess threes or whatever if need be.

How about tanking points? Having guys like Horford, Camby, Kidd and Ford already put you pretty far behind in an 8 team league. Focus on boards and blocks with Camby, Horford, Yao etc. Steals come from Kidd, Artest, Granger, Butler etc. Good fg% and ft% from those guys. If you could get someone like Hedo or Peja for threes and stay competitive, you could have an elite team. I know Nate is helping in threes and steals, but he probably shouldnt be owned in an 8 team league yet unless benches are deep.

Who's on waivers?
Old 11-11-2008, 12:27 AM   #9
kobebryant242424
I airball my layups

Yeah, I completely hear you, my team is doing pretty bad in points, last in the league. Some notable players on the waivers are:

Lamar Odom
Fransisco Garcia
Al Harrington
Anthony Parker (Just dropped for Hawes)
Shane Battier
Kirk Hinrich
Jamario Moon
Raja Bell
Roger Mason
Ramon Sessions
Wilson Chandler
Delonte West
Drew Gooden
Old 11-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #10
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

This isn't a hard decision at all. You're in an 8 team H2H league so 6 teams make it to the playoffs. How are you currently doing? If you think holding a guy like Arenas or Ginobili (not Ellis) on your bench won't make you any worse than the third worst team in your league then you pick one of those guys up. If your team is struggling right now then you don't have the leeway to make this pick up.

Hey, if you've got no maximum on moves then no matter what you can afford to make this pickup by just streaming another roster spot to make up for it. You probably won't be the most popular manager in your league but it's a competition, not a popularity contest.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 11-11-2008 at 12:42 AM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:46 AM   #11
kobebryant242424
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
This isn't a hard decision at all. You're in an 8 team H2H league so 6 teams make it to the playoffs. How are you currently doing? If you think holding a guy like Arenas or Ginobili (not Ellis) on your bench won't make you any worse than the third worst team in your league then you pick one of those guys up. If your team is struggling right now then you don't have the leeway to make this pick up.

Hey, if you've got no maximum on moves then no matter what you can afford to make this pickup by just streaming another roster spot to make up for it. You probably won't be the most popular manager in your league but it's a competition, not a popularity contest.

Yeah, I mean I'm not doing terrible. I am currently in fourth place so I could pick them up, but if I do which one should I add. I have heard talk of Manu returning very soon so I was thinking of scooping him up. And if I did add Manu who would I drop? Take into consideration I am in last in points and rebounds and first in TOs, BLKs, STLS, and high in 3's.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:08 AM   #12
gin17
High School JV MVP

gin17 has an OK reputation so far

i have arenas and battier on my team. im thinking of dropping arenas for someone that could give me points for the next 2-3 months, but that possible "someone" (since i have many to pick on) is not as good as most.

or should i hold on to arenas?
gin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #13
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Yeah, I completely hear you, my team is doing pretty bad in points, last in the league. Some notable players on the waivers are:

Lamar Odom
Fransisco Garcia
Al Harrington
Anthony Parker (Just dropped for Hawes)
Shane Battier
Kirk Hinrich
Jamario Moon
Raja Bell
Roger Mason
Ramon Sessions
Wilson Chandler
Delonte West
Drew Gooden

I'd drop Nate for Mason for a while, the guy's gonna get a ton of mins and offer threes, assists, some steals and boards with good %.
Owning Odom would probably be smart for long term as well.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:26 PM   #14
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Yeah, I mean I'm not doing terrible. I am currently in fourth place so I could pick them up, but if I do which one should I add. I have heard talk of Manu returning very soon so I was thinking of scooping him up. And if I did add Manu who would I drop? Take into consideration I am in last in points and rebounds and first in TOs, BLKs, STLS, and high in 3's.
If you're holding onto 4th place while sucking in rebounds and points then I would drop Al Thornton because that's pretty much all he's good for, provided that you have the roster flexibility that you're not going to get into a bind for having one less forward. Grab Ginobili and as soon as gets back, see if Arenas is still out there and drop Anthony Parker for him.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:32 PM   #15
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin17
i have arenas and battier on my team. im thinking of dropping arenas for someone that could give me points for the next 2-3 months, but that possible "someone" (since i have many to pick on) is not as good as most.

or should i hold on to arenas?
You are considering dropping Arenas and holding onto Battier? For points? Is it opposite day?

Battier was a marginal player last season when Ming and McGrady missed 42 games between them. Both are currently healthy and they have added Ron Artest to the rotation. I wouldn't have even drafted Battier. If you're interested in points then stash Arenas and drop Battier for something better.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: