Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Default Is Spencer Hawes still worth owning?

Hawes is available and my gut feeling (not always accurate) is telling me that he will still put up some good numbers. I'm winning in steals, blocks, threes and assists...But losing in everything else. I really thought I could take FG% and rebounds but my team is shooting like crap and I'm falling a little short in boards. If you can think of any trade ideas or pick ups, let me know.

FAs: Hawes, (Rebounds, FG%, etc) ,Ridnoir (assists), Sessions, Pietrus, Garcia, Monta, Amir Johnson (FG% help), Bargnani, Chalmers, Marquis Daniels.

7th place and falling...Need expert advice.

10 Team/H2H/7th place
PG: Baron Davis
SG: Hedo
G: Felton
SF: Marion
PF: Gerald Wallace
F: Rudy Gay
C: Bynum
UTIL: Ilgauskas
UTIL David Lee

BN: JR Smith
BN: Nate Robinson
BN: Wilson Chandler
INJ: Manu
Pouch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:13 PM   #2
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Default Re: Is Spencer Hawes still worth owning?

Its h2h right? I'm surprised you're having success in assists! I've mentioned tanking assists before with your team, so dealing Felton for someone like Mike Miller or even Terry would work, good fg% from a sg/pg position and threes. Then look to move Baron for someone like JJ, maybe even Granger or Wade if you could.

If its me, I'd own Hawes and Daniels over Chandler all day. I know Nate has been solid, but I'd probably rather own Garcia over him, depending on how long you think you can wait on him.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:43 PM   #3
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
Its h2h right? I'm surprised you're having success in assists! I've mentioned tanking assists before with your team, so dealing Felton for someone like Mike Miller or even Terry would work, good fg% from a sg/pg position and threes. Then look to move Baron for someone like JJ, maybe even Granger or Wade if you could.

If its me, I'd own Hawes and Daniels over Chandler all day. I know Nate has been solid, but I'd probably rather own Garcia over him, depending on how long you think you can wait on him.

Thanks Benjamin! I got Terry and then picked up Spencer Hawes. I'm thinking you're right about me punting assists and trying to boost my FG%.
JR Smith is the next to go. I'm going to try grabbing Garcia or Monta when I hear the word. But I play daily line up changes, so I can't afford to have any more injured players. Here's my roster, any suggestions? H2H (Trying to take: Rebounds, Blocks, threes, steals, FG% or points)...Is that how you see it? Thanks!

PG: Baron
SG: Terry
G: Hedo
SF: Rudy Gay
PF: Gerald Wallace
F: Marion
C: Bynum
UTIL: Ilgauskas
UTIL: David Lee
BN: Nate Robinson
BN: JR Smith (So annoyed...Should I give up on him and pick up...Scola, Amir, Garcia, Beno, Bargs, Darko)
INJ: Manu
Pouch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Since you own Hawes now, how about offering Baron and Z for Wade or Granger or someone similar? I think you might be able to get Joe Johnson for Baron straight up but throwing in Z wouldnt kill you. That would give you room to grab Scola and someone like Garcia a few days from now, and would also give you room to scour the wire for short-term hot players. Just a thought.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: