Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-11-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
kobebryant242424
I airball my layups

Default Jason Kidd

I have been receiving NUMEROUS offers for Jason Kidd in my league. I am in an 8 man H2H league with FG%, FT%, 3PM, PTS, RBS, STLS, ASSTS, TOS, and BLKS. Jason Kidd is obviously having a standout year. I love the dude for his fantasy value and I always seem to have him year in and year out. I just don't see him keeping up the pace he is at right now (age concerns me) and I'm not sure if he is the best player to fit in my fantasy team right now. I am in 5th place and I'm last in PTS and RBS. I am doing well in 3PM, STL, BLK, and TOs. My team is as follows:

Yao Ming
Kobe Bryant
Marcus Camby
Manu Ginobili
Jason Kidd
Kevin Durant
Ron Artest
T.J. Ford
Nate Robinson
Spencer Hawes
Danny Granger
Caron Butler
Al Horford

I have been offered:

Al Jefferson for Kidd
Paul Pierce for Kidd

I don't like those trades very much but seeing as I am lacking in RBS and PTS Al Jefferson could be a good addition. Do you think I could get better for Kidd right now or should I just stay put?

Thanks
kobebryant242424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
SRZ66
Local High School Star

Default Re: Jason Kidd

pierce and al jeff will outproduce kidd by the end of the year. sell him high while u can, doubt he will keep this incredibly high, efficient level of play up the whole year
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:09 PM   #3
kobebryant242424
I airball my layups

Ok so he almost immediately took back the Jefferson trade. He did however send me Rudy Gay. Think I am getting enough value?
kobebryant242424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:55 PM   #4
tian820
NBA lottery pick

You should have accepted Big Al while the offer was out there. Kidd is producing at a high clip right now and regrettably, Rudy Gay is not. Gay is losing looks right now to OJ Mayo and even though I think Gay will play out of his semi-slump, I don't think you're getting enough value for Kidd right now. It's close, but if you need scoring, I would pull the trigger on Gay for Kidd
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #5
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Send Kidd/scrub for Jefferson back. He might take it, you never know.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:52 PM   #6
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Yeah, see if you can re-work the Jefferson deal. But dont take much less.

I dont like the gamble on Pierce. He's still on an elite Celtics team, and he's going to see blowouts where he loses mins, along with games where he's going to sit to stay healthy/rested as the Celtics cruise through the East. Kidd on the other hand will see all the mins he can get as the Mavs work to compete out West.

I dont HATE the Gay offer, but I've been watching a lot of Memphis games to watch Mayo, and he just cant find a comfortable place in the offense and is often getting mismatched on defense. I think Mayo is throwing a real wrench in his system, and I cant figure out if its more of a slump or a trend. Just my own speculation.

I'm positive you can get similar and better deals from others in your league. Keep shopping, but keep in mind that Kidd boards very well and is absolutely keeping you afloat in steals, threes and assists. Ford cannot afford to be your #1 PG in an 8 team league unless you're gonna start tanking assists.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:51 PM   #7
Son of Disaster
I airball my layups

yeah you should've definitely taken Al Jefferson. if i were you i would try and offer it again and see if he takes it. or like bigboi_baller said, throw in one more guy you don't need to sway them.
Son of Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: