Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 06-11-2006, 03:15 AM   #1
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

Grizzledrook has an OK reputation so far
Default Jerry West is a joke

Seriously jerry has done nothing that he promised.He said he would turn us around and he did but now were the laughing stock of the playoffs.Every year he says the same thing ''we need a big man and a star''.Wow im serious I have the papers to prove it I went back over the last three years at the end of every season its the same rap.Look jerry has done alot dont get me wrong but at the same time he takes no chances all of his trades are very conservative.I dont know if most memphis fans know but hubie brown personally asked jerry to trade up for dwayne wade.Jerry did nothing instead traded to get Dhantay and troy bell.Wow he is the best gm ever just think dwayne freaking wade and pau two all stars tearing up the west.We would sell out almost every game if we had wade,whether slow ball or fast breakin ball. You cant shackle wades explosiveness he is great.

Last edited by Grizzledrook : 06-18-2006 at 04:42 AM.
Grizzledrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:46 AM   #2
lollol604
I airball my layups

lollol604 has an OK reputation so far

he was the guy that brought a bottom place team to atleast a playoff team.
i think its the coach, doesn't no how to use his utility guys.
lollol604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:06 PM   #3
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

Wrong he did not bring any key player besides mike miller the choke artist.Pau,j will, battier,brevin knight,lorenzen wright were not his doing.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #4
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzledrook
Seriously jerry has done nothing that he promised.He said he would turn us around and he did but now were the laughing stock of the playoffs.Every year he says the same thing ''we need a big man and a star''.Wow im serious I have the papers to prove it I went back over the last three years at the end of every season its the same rap.Look jerry has done alot dont get me wrong but at the same time he takes no chances all of his trades are very conservative.I dont know if most memphis fans know but hubie brown personally asked jerry to trade up for dwayne wade.Jerry did nothing instead traded to get Dhantay and troy bell.Wow he is the best gm ever just think dwayne freaking wade and pau two all stars tearing up the west.We sell out almost every game whether slow ball or fast breakin ball. You cant shackle wades explosiveness he is great.
In case you haven't noticed, that red white and blue symbol of the NBA, do you know who that white guy is??? It's West...

I'd rather be the laughing stock of the playoffs rather than the league

plus his hands are tied witht the new ownership...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:46 PM   #5
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

J-Memphis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
In case you haven't noticed, that red white and blue symbol of the NBA, do you know who that white guy is??? It's West...

his days as a player have nothing to do with as a GM. in my opinion he had one good year. Getting Shaq and tradin Divac for Kobe... it was just so unbelievable, he became the epitome of great GM's.

As Griz GM he has done the following (minus minor deals or insignificant players):
Drafted Drew Gooden. Traded Gooden for Mike Miller.
Drafted Kendrick Perkins and Marcus Banks. Traded for D. Jones and Troy Bell.
Drafted Andre Emmett and Antonio Burks.
Drafted Hakim Warrick and Lawrence Roberts.
Traded for Bonzi Wells, who was traded for Bobby Jackson.
Traded James Posey, Jason Williams, and Andre Emmett for Eddie Jones.

Yes he has gotten us to the playoffs for 3 straight years. but after every dismissal our goal should be improvement. our regular season record has not imroved from the first (50-32) and we have yet to win a playoff game. So even if he is the Logo, he hasnt done much more than get us out of the lottery.
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:57 PM   #6
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532

I'd rather be the laughing stock of the playoffs rather than the league

plus his hands are tied witht the new ownership...
Seriously im from memphis I know a hell of alot more about what he hasnt done for the grizz than what he has.''The nba symbol is jerry west'' Shut up who dosent know that and what does him beign a good player have anything to do with the griz beign managed poorly.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:34 AM   #7
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

J-Memphis has an OK reputation so far

grizzled, we agree?!
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:20 PM   #8
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

i think its kinda cheap to b h8n on west since he brought u guys from the lotttery to the playoffs, but ur right: it seems like thats all hes done. its like he is satisfied with just makin the playoffs
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:22 PM   #9
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Basketbolero has decent reputationBasketbolero has decent reputation

That deal he signed to Cardinal still hurts. I think he is just trying to find an available star without giving up too much (Gasol or Battier)
Basketbolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:39 PM   #10
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

Thats what is so funny people outside of memphis think west is this awesome master of trickery when he wheels and deals.But he is not he just waits until the most obvious and safr trade comes and then banks on it it really does seem he is content with just barely above .500
Old 06-17-2006, 08:53 PM   #11
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The Grizzlies are also over-achieving in the regular season, and then can't turn it up in the playoffs

They're an extremely well-coached team with great chemistry, but their upside is limited right now
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 02:29 AM   #12
houselog442
I airball my layups

houselog442 has an OK reputation so far

Definatly. Look at the Memphis team! They are the most unathletic team in the league that features a very skilled PF that has some of the slowest foot quickness in this league! No one else on that team can create a shot on thier own, most of their shooters are overrated to begin with. The two centers they have are softer than a baby's butt! They have no PG at all, and no cap space (and the team does not want to spend money, so forget about trading Eddie Jones soon to be in the last year of his contract) Hubie Brown and Mike Fratello have done a damn good coaching job considering all the major flaws this roster has. They need a PG that has to create on his own for himself and the other swingman, a center that can play excellent rotation defense and rebounding but have kind of offensive ability that would make it difficult for the opposing team to stick thier PF on him and defend gasol with a bigger Center (which is what happend to him against Dallas) The thing is, I just don't know if this style of Basketball Fratello runs even works anymore. The West now has pretty much gotten rid of 7' Centers since none of them play with motivation anymore, and its a much better matchup to start a 6'10 guy who can run and shoot!
houselog442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:07 AM   #13
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Fratello's style works for the team. I don't think they can be expected to do any better than they did WITH THE CURRENT ROSTER, both in the regular season and playoffs.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:49 AM   #14
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

Hmm I agree that the grizz overachieve.When the playoffs start I bet every team wants us cause were gonna get swept.We have alot of bad contracts on this team.As for pau having slow foot speed are you crazy he is one of the fastest seven footers ever.He ballhandels well,and runs the floor very good also.The problem is,yes we have no athletic players,and we have out of prime mixed with overrated players.Mike miller choke artist of the year should give back 6th man of the year award.Pg I agree need a better one that can drive and dish.But Fratello has the halfcourt style in place here so a pg with flash is not needed.If we had more talent I think fratello could do alot more.And really show his coaching skills.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:50 PM   #15
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzledrook
Seriously jerry has done nothing that he promised.He said he would turn us around and he did but now were the laughing stock of the playoffs.Every year he says the same thing ''we need a big man and a star''.Wow im serious I have the papers to prove it I went back over the last three years at the end of every season its the same rap.Look jerry has done alot dont get me wrong but at the same time he takes no chances all of his trades are very conservative.I dont know if most memphis fans know but hubie brown personally asked jerry to trade up for dwayne wade.Jerry did nothing instead traded to get Dhantay and troy bell.Wow he is the best gm ever just think dwayne freaking wade and pau two all stars tearing up the west.We would sell out almost every game if we had wade,whether slow ball or fast breakin ball. You cant shackle wades explosiveness he is great.

What do you think about West now? The Grizzlies look much better heading into free agency than they did before the draft.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: