Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 11-12-2008, 12:39 AM   #1
livlife2k
I brick open layups

livlife2k has decent reputation
Default Kaman on the trading block?

Posted Peter Vecsey of the NY Post on 11/11/08:

The centerpiece it does involve, I'm informed, is Chris Kaman. Now that Marcus Camby (double-figure rebounding last two games) is nearing full strength, the 1-6 Clippers are open to a rational market trade for the big guy who has battened down their middle for five seasons and is owed $43 million over four seasons.

Sources say Charlotte has no one of consequence Los Angeles desires. Wallace has no appeal. Mike Dunleavy has been there, done that with Corey Maggette, and solemnly swears by Al Thornton. Therefore, the search is on for a team prepared to deal an extraneous or unwanted macho forward to augment Camby; moving Cutino Mobley ($8.9M/$9.5M) in the process or in a side deal would be cause for great celebration by the Staples Center's stepchild.

Zach RandolphZach Randolph would be ideal. Unfortunately for my Paper Clips, the KnicksNew York Knicks are kinda relying on him these days to offset the unavailability of Jared Jeffries, Danilo Gallinari, Curry, Jerome James, Kenny Bannister and Luther Rackley. What's more, Wallace doesn't offer the long-range marksmanship Mike D'Antoni demands from small forwards.

If the Bobcats are unable to satisfy my Paper Clips, the backup plan is to pursue lesser lights like the Nets' Sean Williams. Judging by the 6-10 sophomore's lack of daylight, he's someone the Nets feel they can do nicely
livlife2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:13 AM   #2
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kaman on the trading block?

to me it is suprising that the clippers could want to trade kaman

i was hoping camby could be available to be traded back to denver if things went sour, but maybe kaman?

kaman, mobley, tim thomas for kmart, chucky atkins(expirer), & steven hunter (1 more year), & trade ex- i would think den could/should add a pick- how about throwing in gordon, & den makes it 2 or 3 1sts- ok too much

maybe im dreaming that my nuggets will go back over the cap, but now w billups this is the best chance we've ever seen at contending if the frontcourt could add a player or 2- i really like camby or kaman, & think tim thomas would be perfect to spread the floor for nene & carmelo

how long is mobleys contract? and what about tim thomas's contract (thomas is actually the peice i want most, though kaman or camby could be a more important addition w how bad the c depth is)

am i wrong to think that this rotation could play w anyone?

billups
mobley
jr smith
carmelo
kleiza
tim thomas
nene
camby/kaman

thats 5 big time 3 point shooters surrounding 3 stud post players (if kaman)
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #3
livlife2k
I brick open layups

livlife2k has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
to me it is suprising that the clippers could want to trade kaman

i was hoping camby could be available to be traded back to denver if things went sour, but maybe kaman?

kaman, mobley, tim thomas for kmart, chucky atkins(expirer), & steven hunter (1 more year), & trade ex- i would think den could/should add a pick- how about throwing in gordon, & den makes it 2 or 3 1sts- ok too much

maybe im dreaming that my nuggets will go back over the cap, but now w billups this is the best chance we've ever seen at contending if the frontcourt could add a player or 2- i really like camby or kaman, & think tim thomas would be perfect to spread the floor for nene & carmelo

how long is mobleys contract? and what about tim thomas's contract (thomas is actually the peice i want most, though kaman or camby could be a more important addition w how bad the c depth is)

am i wrong to think that this rotation could play w anyone?

billups
mobley
jr smith
carmelo
kleiza
tim thomas
nene
camby/kaman

thats 5 big time 3 point shooters surrounding 3 stud post players (if kaman)
Both Mobley and Thomas' contracts expire after the '09-'10 season
livlife2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #4
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

Grizzled Mayo has an OK reputation so far

How about you guys trade kaman and mobley to the grizz for one of these deals.

1) Critteton, Millic, Jaric, Warrik, Walker.

2)Critteton, Millic, 1st round pick. And maybe warrik if needed.

Option two sounds more appealing probably. But I think the first would give you guys more depth. But the second would relieve you guys of alot of money and two players that are upset. Bot to mention give you another top lottery pick next year. What do you think?
Grizzled Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: