Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-13-2006, 08:59 PM   #16
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

we got till october to sign an extention with T.J, otherwise he becomes a restricted free agent.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:26 PM   #17
Too_Cool
Great young streetballer

Too_Cool has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullRaps
You're going to pay 5-6 million for a guy who can't shoot and can't play defense? He's quick and might be good in the run and gun system he hasn't proven anything. There is no way you can pay a Tyronne Lue clone that much money.

What a joke, Tyronne Lue clone...Never respect a word you say again.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:28 PM   #18
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

i know eh, tyronne lue clone? thats funny, T.J would run circles around him
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:05 PM   #19
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullRaps
You're going to pay 5-6 million for a guy who can't shoot and can't play defense? He's quick and might be good in the run and gun system he hasn't proven anything. There is no way you can pay a Tyronne Lue clone that much money.

Tyronne Lue clone. That's funny. Not.

I'd have to go with the range of 5-6 million if he plays healthy again.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:45 AM   #20
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
There is no way you can pay a Tyronne Lue clone that much money

That's like saying Chris Bosh is a Darko Milicic clone....that's aterrible comparison
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:02 AM   #21
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
That's like saying Chris Bosh is a Darko Milicic clone....that's aterrible comparison

If Bosh wants to start blocking shots like Darko I'd be ok with that.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:16 PM   #22
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

We definitely can't lowball TJ or offer some crazy deal like 2 or 3 years like I have been reading. Unless we want to piss him off and he walks, leaving us with nothing to show for Cvill.

TJ will probably command at least $7mill per, if he has a season like last. If he's better, he'll command more. That is why I think we need to lock him up around the $6.75 to $7.5 per season for 4-5 years now.

Side note: Can you believe that Phoenix is stalling on giving Diaw $10 mill per, when they just gave Barbosa $8 mill per I think and I know Nene now makes $10 mill per.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:40 PM   #23
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
We definitely can't lowball TJ or offer some crazy deal like 2 or 3 years like I have been reading. Unless we want to piss him off and he walks, leaving us with nothing to show for Cvill.

TJ will probably command at least $7mill per, if he has a season like last. If he's better, he'll command more. That is why I think we need to lock him up around the $6.75 to $7.5 per season for 4-5 years now.

Side note: Can you believe that Phoenix is stalling on giving Diaw $10 mill per, when they just gave Barbosa $8 mill per I think and I know Nene now makes $10 mill per.

They want to give Diaw 8 Millions a season.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:31 PM   #24
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

the difference is... diaw and to a lesser extent, barbosa, earned their new contracts... while Nene didn't do anything but be huge to earn his.

TJ hasnt' really earned a contract near there either... but he'll get paid due to potential... much like Nene.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:37 PM   #25
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
the difference is... diaw and to a lesser extent, barbosa, earned their new contracts... while Nene didn't do anything but be huge to earn his.

TJ hasnt' really earned a contract near there either... but he'll get paid due to potential... much like Nene.

I agree. I was saying that Phoenix should be giving him the $10Mill, which I think it pretty good considering what other recent free agents have received.

TJ could end up costing us a lot more if he has a huge year in a run and gun offense, if we wait. Considering we dealt Cvill for him, I personally don't know why BC would wait, risk him costing us more. If he sucks, then well that trade will look horrible. BC should hedge his bets and sign him (thus making the Cvill deal look ok) and sign him now while his price is lower. Even if TJ sucks this year, or gets hurt, can BC really afford NOT to sign him, considering we gave Cvill for him?
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:50 PM   #26
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

I'd make an intial offer of $7,500,000 per year, with a length of 4 years. I would be willing to offer him a starting of $9,000,000 if that's what it took. I think Ford is the real deal, he is young, exciting, talented and a perfect fit for the philosophy of the team. He is the absolute perfect fit for the team, so you have to reward him for that, and he will get rewarded, young point guards who make the playoffs consistantly will get paid, similar to the value of young big men, young point guards get tremendous respect in the market.

To those of you whom offer him $3,000,000 - I am quite confident he would laugh at that offer and immediately looking at other offers from other teams. That would be a huge sign of disrespect to offer that little.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:26 AM   #27
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Tj Ford is the next steve nash...he can average like 12 apg in the future.

I would pay him a lot
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:50 AM   #28
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Tj Ford is the next steve nash...he can average like 12 apg in the future.

I would pay him a lot

12 Years old kid talking.

Anyways Tj Ford is not Nash, Nash can shoot and probably a better passer. Tj should take a 4 year deal that will pay him around 6-7 mill a year. After the 4 years run out the new CBA will come in and if he lived up to his potential he will receive more money since the new CBA is in place.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:25 AM   #29
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Relax guys, lets see how healthy he can remain. I wouldnt lock him up for more than 2 years. But yeah, he's looking for more than chump change, at least 25 - 40% more than he's making now
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:09 AM   #30
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

i suggested this on another forum

5 years $35 million

$6m, $6.5m, $7m, $7.5m, $8m, (8.5 option?)

if barbosas getting $7 million to be a back up, tj will want some money, we will be wary due to his injuries, this seems fine to me, if all works out tj gets a nice amount of money and as he imroves, which he will, his money goes up
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: