Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-02-2006, 04:02 PM   #46
jc123
Can barely lace up my sneakers

david stern wouldnt alow it cus it wud damage the image of "basketball is a american sport". Every1 knows the americans wud get destroyed. If organized if wud b da game of tha millineum
jc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:06 PM   #47
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

america would kill them..lebron wade kobe etc
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:00 AM   #48
phatshady_c4
Banned

The USA has way more depth than any1 else, but the myth that Europeans are worse at defence is simpy untrue. In Europe the players are smarter and can think for themselves more. As for Fran Vasquez, there are som many reasons that he opted out of p[laying in the NBA. Eg., I am an aspiring basketballer and my dream is not to play in the NBA, I wanna play in Greece. Yeah the NBA is good in terms of accomplishment, but the lifestyle is not as good. I would easily take 5 million 2 play in greece than 10 to play in nba.

Neways. The teams:

USA:

1.J.Kidd/C.Billups/K.Hinrich
2.K.Bryant/T.MacGrady/P.Pierce
3.R.Artest/L.James/R.Allen
4.T.Duncan/E.Brand/K.Garnett
5.M.Camby/B.Miller/S.O'Neal

World:

1.T.Parker/S.Jasikevicius/D.Diamantidis
2.E.Ginobili/N.Zisis/L.Barbosa
3.A.Kirilenko/B.Diaw/P.Stojakovic
4.D.Nowitzki/S.Schortsanitis/A.Varejao
5.P.Gasol/Y.Ming/Z.Ilgauskas

Resoning behind US team:

Basically everyone can play good defence (with the exception of Shaq, Allen, KG and LeBron), most can shoot and pass the ball very well, and many are good winners and clutch players. The main problem with the US team is their ego's and if the will be able to think well enough to compete against the World team. For this reason I also name their coach Phil Jackson.

Reasoning behind World team:

All can play well in team concept. Good shooters, post players, everyone except Yao Ming can defend very well. Most are very intelligent players, and can stretch the floor very well.

If the USA don't play like idiots again, they should win it, but in all likelihood, they probably will, so the world would win it. The thing is NBA players are not as stable, mentally. They get drawn in by the shiny lights and then they think theyre **** don't stink. The world team is better in a team game, so could win that way, but the US team has some players that can come up clutch and win it themselves (maybe), so should make for a tight game.

P.S. The only reason USA screwed up in Athens is because Larry Brown was the coach. He is a basketball fascist and should be permanently banned.
phatshady_c4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:00 AM   #49
phatshady_c4
Banned

The USA has way more depth than any1 else, but the myth that Europeans are worse at defence is simpy untrue. In Europe the players are smarter and can think for themselves more. As for Fran Vasquez, there are som many reasons that he opted out of p[laying in the NBA. Eg., I am an aspiring basketballer and my dream is not to play in the NBA, I wanna play in Greece. Yeah the NBA is good in terms of accomplishment, but the lifestyle is not as good. I would easily take 5 million 2 play in greece than 10 to play in nba.

Neways. The teams:

USA:

1.J.Kidd/C.Billups/K.Hinrich
2.K.Bryant/T.MacGrady/P.Pierce
3.R.Artest/L.James/R.Allen
4.T.Duncan/E.Brand/K.Garnett
5.M.Camby/B.Miller/S.O'Neal

World:

1.T.Parker/S.Jasikevicius/D.Diamantidis
2.E.Ginobili/N.Zisis/L.Barbosa
3.A.Kirilenko/B.Diaw/P.Stojakovic
4.D.Nowitzki/S.Schortsanitis/A.Varejao
5.P.Gasol/Y.Ming/Z.Ilgauskas

Resoning behind US team:

Basically everyone can play good defence (with the exception of Shaq, Allen, KG and LeBron), most can shoot and pass the ball very well, and many are good winners and clutch players. The main problem with the US team is their ego's and if the will be able to think well enough to compete against the World team. For this reason I also name their coach Phil Jackson.

Reasoning behind World team:

All can play well in team concept. Good shooters, post players, everyone except Yao Ming can defend very well. Most are very intelligent players, and can stretch the floor very well.

If the USA don't play like idiots again, they should win it, but in all likelihood, they probably will, so the world would win it. The thing is NBA players are not as stable, mentally. They get drawn in by the shiny lights and then they think theyre **** don't stink. The world team is better in a team game, so could win that way, but the US team has some players that can come up clutch and win it themselves (maybe), so should make for a tight game.

P.S. The only reason USA screwed up in Athens is because Larry Brown was the coach. He is a basketball fascist and should be permanently banned.
phatshady_c4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:18 AM   #50
warriors23
Banned

where is allen ivereson
warriors23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:06 PM   #51
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

If the US team played all 48 minutes as though the game truly mattered they would dominate the game with their front court size.

To give an example of one the totally insane front court groups possible:

SF: Kevin Garnett
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Shaq O'Neal

The World Team just doesn't have enough front court depth to hang in a 48 minute game played at a high intensity level.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:59 AM   #52
Rocker09
Rock & Basketball

I totally agree...If the US players will just be willing to lend their services to the National Team, Im pretty sure that they will dominate all basketball competitions in the world...
Rocker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:27 PM   #53
jailer
MillionDollarException

Well it looks like u.s.a. almost got beat by a mediocor brazil squad.They might not win the wcob.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: