Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-13-2008, 09:53 AM   #1
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Going to propose the following deal....

What do people think before I offer this up...it's huge.

I GIVE.....Dirk, Kaman, Okafor.......asking for Biedrins, Al Jefferson and Kidd.

I also have Tony Parker, who is of course injured. If I got Kidd, Parker becomes of little use as I would be first in dimes with Kidd. So, do I add Parker and receive Barnes, just to make it look better for the other team?

I am worried the initla deal won't be too exciting for him, but maybe I am way off.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Going to propose the following deal....

If I was on the other team. I wouldn't do it. Reason?....Okafor ,guy has been downright awful! You'd have to sweeten the pot a bit by taking out Emeka and adding a 2nd or 3rd rounder type player.

That being said. It's always worth a try.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #3
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
If I was on the other team. I wouldn't do it. Reason?....Okafor ,guy has been downright awful! You'd have to sweeten the pot a bit by taking out Emeka and adding a 2nd or 3rd rounder type player.

That being said. It's always worth a try.

So what if I added Tony Parker then...and took a lower guy like Barnes from him.

Dirk, Kaman, Okafor and Parker.......Biedrins, Al Jefferson, Kidd and Barnes?

Okafor has been bad...but he's had the flu these last two games...hopefully that was the reason for bad play.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #4
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Yeah I'd be surprised if that got it done. Adding Parker for Barnes would help a lot, but it seems like you'd be giving up an awful lot in the long run.

I figure Biedrins has been better than Kaman, Dirk has been as good as Jefferson, and Okafor is miles behind Kidd, so it probably doesnt make sense for the other owner. Does adding Kidd to your team really put you that far ahead in assists, even without Parker? If it does and you feel you can afford to add Parker then give it a try. You win bigtime in the first three parts of the offer IMO, so if losing Parker gets it done and you've crunched the numbers, go for it. I dont love it personally and its probably not the route I'd go, but like I said, if it feels right for you then give it a shot.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:18 AM   #5
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

That looks better. I personally still wouldn't do it , but he might.

Who are you really going after here?..who interests you the most out of the players your getting?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #6
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
That looks better. I personally still wouldn't do it , but he might.

Who are you really going after here?..who interests you the most out of the players your getting?

Well it's roto...so it's just a deal that helps me as a unit. I worry about Kidd keeping this up for sure, but even if I adjust his numbers a bit, and put Biedrins at 14/12 I still get better....
Old 11-13-2008, 11:29 AM   #7
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Yeah, It seems in my other leagues Beidrins is a hot ticket as well. There's no doubt if you get that trade done, you win hands down. Like I said, give it a try and see if he accepts or makes a counter offer.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #8
RapsFan
Great college starter

Declined.....
Old 11-13-2008, 04:35 PM   #9
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Declined.....

With or without Parker?
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:30 PM   #10
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
With or without Parker?

WITH!

My league is so tight it's getting annoying. I was basically selling low on all 4 of my guys and buying hign on Kidd, Biedrins and Jefferson. I knew it...I was just bored with my team, and the other GM still declined.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: