Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-12-2006, 08:31 PM   #1
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

PhxFanAtBirth has an OK reputation so far
Default Hey Why do lakers always bring up the fact that they were awesome back in the day?

This is what always happens suns fans will be chatting in there own forum a laker fan will say something like suns wont make it past the mavs and a suns fan will lay out the facts that they are a better team than the lakers and then the laker fan always says well back in the day we were a dynasty. why is that?
PhxFanAtBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:38 PM   #2
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people

Because we have a championship (S) ... that simple
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Yea but at present your not even championship contenders. barely playoff contenders at that.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:42 PM   #4
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxFanAtBirth
Yea but at present your not even championship contenders. barely playoff contenders at that.
Ignorance is bliss.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:47 PM   #5
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
Ignorance is bliss.

Im not a laker hater or anything but i mean why do you guys do that? You kinda seem like an old man who was all like back in my day i was the best there was. wellllll let me tell you something your not anymore!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

I was merely implying that the Lakers "barely" being playoff contenders is ignorant. Plus 2000-2002 is not a long time ago. Has there ever been a team that was a championship contender every single year?
Old 09-12-2006, 08:52 PM   #7
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Quote:
I was merely implying that the Lakers "barely" being playoff contenders is ignorant. Plus 2000-2002 is not a long time ago. Has there ever been a team that was a championship contender every single year?

Well i mean i dont hate the lakers theyre fine but do you really think they can take out the heat suns mavericks pistons spurs or any of those?
Old 09-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #8
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

I never said that. However, everything is possible in the playoffs, surprises happen every year in the playoffs. But they are not barely playoff contenders. They have as much of a shot at the 4th best record in the West as the Clippers, Rockets, Kings, Nuggets etc...Anything better than that would be a big surprise.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:01 PM   #9
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

barely playoffs contenders that had you guys in a wreck for 7 games in the postseason.

but yea, i agree that the past is the past...but i think ppl will bring up the chips because sometimes we are called losers and such..
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:05 PM   #10
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
barely playoffs contenders that had you guys in a wreck for 7 games in the postseason.

but yea, i agree that the past is the past...but i think ppl will bring up the chips because sometimes we are called losers and such..

See now that is wrong you guys definently arent losers but when you get cocky little teens on here who are all predicting the lakers will have a dynasty in the next 5 years now thats where i get frustrated. And when i see phx get seeded at 6th below the clippers and lakers it pisses me off because suns are at least 2nd if not first.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:09 PM   #11
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Oh and you really only had us in a wreck for 3 games everything after that we belw you out. (i'm only saying)
Old 09-12-2006, 09:11 PM   #12
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

San Antonio and Dallas are arguably better. A lot of it depends on how Amare comes back. Puttings the Suns at 6th is ignorant. The Lakers won't have a dynasty right now but anything can happen through trades, drafts, and improved players, but that could be said about any team.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #13
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Oh and you really only had us in a wreck for 3 games everything after that we belw you out. (i'm only saying)
Tim Thomas' 3pter to force it into overtime was a blowout? If he didn't make that shot, we wouldn't have this conversation.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:13 PM   #14
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Quote:
San Antonio and Dallas are arguably better. A lot of it depends on how Amare comes back. Puttings the Suns at 6th is ignorant. The Lakers won't have a dynasty right now but anything can happen through trades, drafts, and improved players, but that could be said about any team.

See you i can talk to(one of the few laker fans i can say that about) San antonio yea i agree is one team that may be better however with kt and amare and raja (he was injured throughout most of the playoffs) coming back i'd say were better than the mavs i mean they are getting older.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:14 PM   #15
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Tim Thomas' 3pter to force it into overtime was a blowout? If he didn't make that shot, we wouldn't have this conversation.

Tru! we had alot of that luck going for us but with amare and kt coming back we wont need it
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: