Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-12-2006, 09:44 PM   #16
lakers4life
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxFanAtBirth
Tru! we had alot of that luck going for us but with amare and kt coming back we wont need it

i agree with you, we arent title contenders yet and i put ourselves fourth or fifth in the conference and win around 50 games and i put you guys in the top 3. now, name me another organization in recent memory where they were in the finals, lost, rebuilded, and only 2 years later they are back in the playoffs and win approximately 50 games. we won 45 last season and with the improvements we made by signing vlad along with the improvements of turiaf, walton, sasha, bynum, and the pickup of evans(who is the best backup for kobe we've had in recent memory) we are definitely going to win 50 if not more. now that is MAJOR progress. the only reason us laker fans always talk about our previous dydnasties are because we have either won titles or been serious title contenders every decade since the 1950's and the future will be no different. we never had trouble trading for superstars or signing them as free agents and we never will thanks to our past. we are one of the best organizations in pro sports and we never settle for losing. trust us, we will be seious title contenders within 2 years.
lakers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:49 PM   #17
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers4life
i agree with you, we arent title contenders yet and i put ourselves fourth or fifth in the conference and win around 50 games and i put you guys in the top 3. now, name me another organization in recent memory where they were in the finals, lost, rebuilded, and only 2 years later they are back in the playoffs and win approximately 50 games. we won 45 last season and with the improvements we made by signing vlad along with the improvements of turiaf, walton, sasha, bynum, and the pickup of evans(who is the best backup for kobe we've had in recent memory) we are definitely going to win 50 if not more. now that is MAJOR progress. the only reason us laker fans always talk about our previous dydnasties are because we have either won titles or been serious title contenders every decade since the 1950's and the future will be no different. we never had trouble trading for superstars or signing them as free agents and we never will thanks to our past. we are one of the best organizations in pro sports and we never settle for losing. trust us, we will be seious title contenders within 2 years.

Ok i can see 2 years but i think suns will have there time to shine this year. Now let me ask you something would you put the suns above the miami heat or any1 else in the eastern conference?
PhxFanAtBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:57 PM   #18
lakers4life
I airball my layups

Quote:
Ok i can see 2 years but i think suns will have there time to shine this year. Now let me ask you something would you put the suns above the miami heat or any1 else in the eastern conference?

tough call but i think the champion will come from the west this year so i would put the suns over the heat. i think snaq is one pulled hammy or sprained ankle away from missing considerable time and they dont have the youngest team either, i dont think the pistons are top notch anymore and the bulls dont have enough scoring. i would worry about dallas if im the suns because they have just as much as a high powered offence as you guys do but play better d. the spurs are always a team to worry about but they are more vulnerable now than they used to be. it comes down to amare, if he is healthy, the suns have a decent shot going deep in the playoffs but he suffered a terrible injury if his didnt heal properly or if he suffered more damage to his knee you guys might suffer the same fate in the playoffs as you did last season. remember both the lakers and clips took you to 7 games and we have definitely improved with pickups and experience. if amare is 100% you have as good a shot as dallas, if he isnt dont be surprised if you lose in the first 2 rounds.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #19
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Quote:
tough call but i think the champion will come from the west this year so i would put the suns over the heat. i think snaq is one pulled hammy or sprained ankle away from missing considerable time and they dont have the youngest team either, i dont think the pistons are top notch anymore and the bulls dont have enough scoring. i would worry about dallas if im the suns because they have just as much as a high powered offence as you guys do but play better d. the spurs are always a team to worry about but they are more vulnerable now than they used to be. it comes down to amare, if he is healthy, the suns have a decent shot going deep in the playoffs but he suffered a terrible injury if his didnt heal properly or if he suffered more damage to his knee you guys might suffer the same fate in the playoffs as you did last season. remember both the lakers and clips took you to 7 games and we have definitely improved with pickups and experience. if amare is 100% you have as good a shot as dallas, if he isnt dont be surprised if you lose in the first 2 rounds.

Last i heard amare was at 80% with a good 2 months of practices and skirmishes with the team i say he'll be back at 90-95% once the regular season starts and he'll be back at 100% about mid season.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:05 PM   #20
lakers4life
I airball my layups

for his sake i hope he doesnt do any more damage to it because i do like amare, he is a hell of a player but many people have said that if he does reinjure it, he may never recover 100%. if he isnt going to be 100% by midseason, i might have to put the spurs ahead of them as far as the regular season seedings go because they are a great regular season team with they're experience.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:12 PM   #21
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Quote:
for his sake i hope he doesnt do any more damage to it because i do like amare, he is a hell of a player but many people have said that if he does reinjure it, he may never recover 100%. if he isnt going to be 100% by midseason, i might have to put the spurs ahead of them as far as the regular season seedings go because they are a great regular season team with they're experience.

i hope they dont play him in preseason at all!!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 10:18 PM   #22
lakers4life
I airball my layups

i wouldnt either. i would reevalute him in the beginning of the season and if needs another month off id let him have it to play it safe. the suns are decent enough to win in the regular season without him so i wouldnt push him. dont be surprised if the lakers are on top of the pacific division after the first month though, we have a very favorable schedule in november. its going to be a fun year in hoops, there isnt a team that anyone can point to and say they are definitely the favorites. thats why we are confindent that we can make it all the way to the conference finals this season with a little luck in the playoff seedings, and dont ever forget WE HAVE KOBE!
Old 09-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #23
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Quote:
i wouldnt either. i would reevalute him in the beginning of the season and if needs another month off id let him have it to play it safe. the suns are decent enough to win in the regular season without him so i wouldnt push him. dont be surprised if the lakers are on top of the pacific division after the first month though, we have a very favorable schedule in november. its going to be a fun year in hoops, there isnt a team that anyone can point to and say they are definitely the favorites. thats why we are confindent that we can make it all the way to the conference finals this season with a little luck in the playoff seedings, and dont ever forget WE
HAVE KOBE!

Kobe's not much without a team to back him up.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:27 PM   #24
lakers4life
I airball my layups

no superstar is much without a team to back him up and i think we now do have a decent team. there was a big difference from the way we played in the first half of the season to the second half. we are now getting used to playing with each other in the triangle and will continue to get better.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:33 PM   #25
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
I was merely implying that the Lakers "barely" being playoff contenders is ignorant. Plus 2000-2002 is not a long time ago. Has there ever been a team that was a championship contender every single year?

Exactly! "back in the day?" this is like the second or third time this guy has come into our crib to talk smack. where are the moderators when you need them.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:41 PM   #26
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

thank God few of us dont argue with "we have more hampionships" because we dont wanna stop at 14.

But I think lakers deserve a little more credit because people honestly thought they were going to get swept by the suns and lots of people laughed at me when i said suns were going to have some trouble especially with how hot the lakers have been.

and now when lakers lose in the 7 games all the sudden people are making fun of them for Not beating a 2nd seeded team with the 2 time MVP and many players that fir his system.

Bottom Line were not barely playoff contenders, we deserve a little more credit than that.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:44 PM   #27
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Bottom Line were not barely playoff contenders, we deserve a little more credit than that.

Its okay, we have scoreboard... that dude has nothing....

The Lakers will be back and we all know it!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:46 PM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike

The Lakers will be back and we all know it!

One can only hope!!
Old 09-13-2006, 12:22 AM   #29
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
One can only hope!!

Ok maybe i should withdraw that..... you guys are definently playoff contenders but championship??? not even you guys can disagree with that? right?
Old 09-13-2006, 12:42 AM   #30
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Ok maybe i should withdraw that..... you guys are definently playoff contenders but championship??? not even you guys can disagree with that? right?

yup!!

and u said urself maybe in 3-4 years something can happen which is what we all expect here.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: