Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #1
ALL-TIME LEGEND
Banned

Default Beasley, Oden, Mayo – what would their numbers look like on a team with bad players?

What would Michael Beasley’s numbers look like if every one of his teammates stunk? What about Oden and Mayo?

Instead of playing with a superstar and one of the best playmakers of the decade in Wade, what would Beasley’s numbers look like if he was the ENTIRE focus of the opposing team’s defense each and every night? What if Mayo was playing for the sh*ttiest team in the entire league? How would this affect his per game numbers? What if Oden had to work with a loser head coach, loser GM, and loser players every other day?

Three choices:

A) They would be better
B) They would be worse
C) They would look the same

Your thoughts.
ALL-TIME LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
craiye
Local High School Star

Default Re: Beasley, Oden, Mayo – what would their numbers look like on a team with bad players?

You seriously don't give up, do you?
craiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
ALL-TIME LEGEND
Banned

Default Re: Beasley, Oden, Mayo – what would their numbers look like on a team with bad players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiye
You seriously don't give up, do you?
So your answer is B?

If so, .
Old 11-13-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Mayo's not a bad team? Memphis is pretty bad. It has a lot of talent, but it's no where near a good team.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:51 PM   #5
craiye
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Mayo's not a bad team? Memphis is pretty bad. It has a lot of talent, but it's no where near a good team.

Didn't you know? Warrick is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than any Bull not named Rose. Arthur too. Don't even get him started on Gay. I don't think all the > dealies will fit on the screen.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:52 PM   #6
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Didn't you know? Warrick is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than any Bull not named Rose. Arthur too. Don't even get him started on Gay. I don't think all the > dealies will fit on the screen.
Chicago sucks too. Being better than a ****ty team don't make you a good team.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #7
ALL-TIME LEGEND
Banned

Quote:
There is one rookie right now who's playing on a team much worse than Memphis. The fact that he has been this good despite playing for this team just amazes me. I don't know if I've ever seen anything like it.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #8
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL-TIME LEGEND
There is one rookie right now who's playing on a team much worse than Memphis. The fact that he has been this good despite playing for this team just amazes me. I don't know if I've ever seen anything like it.
Are you talking about Chicago? The team that has the same amount of wins as Memphis? Since when does that make them much worse?
Old 11-13-2008, 06:58 PM   #9
craiye
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL-TIME LEGEND

Yeah, a terrible team that swept the then defending champs in the playoffs and advanced to the second round the year before last. Terrible players.

I'm pretty sure everyone gets that you have an obsession with Rose and Bryant and you hate every Bull not named Rose. Are more threads really necessary?
Old 11-13-2008, 06:58 PM   #10
JordanL

The fact that you create such carefully structured conversations so as to try and get people to talk about the Bulls and Rose in the way you do is pathological and mildly disturbing. Like, it approaches the level of clinical psychosis.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:58 PM   #11
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

Default Re: Beasley, Oden, Mayo – what would their numbers look like on a team with bad playe

Mayo and Beasley would maybe have slightly better numbers. If they were on a team like last years supersonics, they could probably get off as many shots as they want, so scoring would go up. Assists would probably go down because of their bad teamates.

I dont think Oden's numbers will be significant for a year or two, but considering his biggest strength is probably the offensive glass, his numbers would look best on a team with bad FG%
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:59 PM   #12
craiye
Local High School Star

Quote:
Are you talking about Chicago? The team that has the same amount of wins as Memphis? Since when does that make them much worse?

Watch out, there's lots of >>> dealies coming. And watch out for the too. Lots of those are coming in 3....2....1.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:01 PM   #13
ALL-TIME LEGEND
Banned

Quote:
I seriously hope you're not suggesting that Chicago is more talented than Memphis. Lindsey freaking Hunter is arguably the best player not wearing a #1 uniform on that team. That just shows you how bad they are.

Memphis:

Rudy Gay - STAR. S-T-A-R. No simpler way to put it.
Gasol - Better than Chicago's entire frontcourt combined (scrubs like Thomas, Noah, Gooden, Gray, etc.).
Conley/Warrick/Arthur - Better than Deng/Hinrich/Hughes/Sefolosha.

Don't even compare the two teams. Mayo's is much better.

Last edited by ALL-TIME LEGEND : 11-13-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #14
Andrew Bynum
Banned

Default Re: Beasley, Oden, Mayo – what would their numbers look like on a team with bad playe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
Mayo and Beasley would maybe have slightly better numbers. If they were on a team like last years supersonics, they could probably get off as many shots as they want, so scoring would go up. Assists would probably go down because of their bad teamates.

I dont think Oden's numbers will be significant for a year or two, but considering his biggest strength is probably the offensive glass, his numbers would look best on a team with bad FG%
Marc Gasol is the best rookie, it's amazing he averages double digit scoring considering hes on a team with not one but TWO 40% chuckers. Not to mention he is averaging double digit rebounds. He has the most impact out of all the rookies so far, merely by being a seven foot tall defensive presence, rose and fernandez are closest.
Andrew Bynum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #15
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Watch out, there's lots of >>> dealies coming. And watch out for the too. Lots of those are coming in 3....2....1.
Hah. I can't wait.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: