Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-14-2008, 04:11 PM   #16
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: What did Steve Nash do to warrant a suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Ok suspend him 1 game. But McGrady doesnt get a suspension? Shaq no suspension? Doesnt make much sense.

Nash ran up to the crowd and got shoved. He didnt throw any punches.

look. it was only between barnes and rafer. they both got suspended.

tmac was 5 feet away from the scuffle. so the right thing to do is to seperate them both. the situation would of ended right then and there.

where was nash? fcuking under the damn basket.
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:13 PM   #17
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

donsanchez306 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA suspends Matt Barnes (2 games), Rafer Alston (2 games), Steve Nash (1) game

pretty funny nash got suspended i haven't even seen this game. alston and barnes i can expect to get some dq's but they did get 2 and nash only got one.
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:13 PM   #18
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience

TheGreatDeraj has decent reputationTheGreatDeraj has decent reputation
Default Re: NBA suspends Matt Barnes (2 games), Rafer Alston (2 games), Steve Nash (1) game

McGrady should definitly be suspended a game no one had really pushed anyone yet(besides barnes initial contact) then he comes over and throws Nash to the ground. That really escalated the fight and was worse than what Barnes did IMO. LOL @ Shaq just coming in and pushing everyone for the hell of it.
TheGreatDeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #19
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm surprised Shaq got nothing....

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #20
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
look. it was only between barnes and rafer. they both got suspended.

tmac was 5 feet away from the scuffle. so the right thing to do is to seperate them both. the situation would of ended right then and there.

where was nash? fcuking under the damn basket.
Yes because Mcgrady could have stopped the situation between two guys that have bad blood. Doesnt work that way.In every scuffle you have players from both teams running in to try and separate the guys.

David Stern is still a moron. You saw what happened last year with Garnett in the playoffs. Nothing he does is consistant.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #21
Big One
Local High School Star

Big One has decent reputation

im pretty sure even stern laughed at wtf shaq was doing it was like a high school kid pushing around little elementary school kids to the ground
Big One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:32 PM   #22
GMAC
Get RED

GMAC has an OK reputation so far

IMO, I don't think Nash deserved a 1 game suspension, but I can see where the league is coming from. He charged in there full speed and escalated the situation. Too bad he only got one hand on Alston before TMac took him out.

And once again, @ Shaq.
GMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:41 PM   #23
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

If Nash got a game, McGrady and Shaq should have got one too. Shaq pretty much pushed anyone in his way down.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:47 PM   #24
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
If Nash got a game, McGrady and Shaq should have got one too. Shaq pretty much pushed anyone in his way down.

I agree.

Suspend all three of Nash, T-mac and Shaq or suspend none. Inconsistency.

Oh well. Hopefully when Barnes, Barbosa and Nash are all back they have a fire lite. Barbosa and Nash have looked lethargic at times.

Also, hopefully Porter learns from this whole situation and realizes how frusterated some of the players are with this new ridiculous system.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #25
JD_TO
I hit open layups

JD_TO has decent reputation

Why did it take Yao 5 minutes to fall down after being pushed. Not even gravity could speed that guy up.
JD_TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:50 PM   #26
óross√er
I trust me!

óross√er is a pretty well-respected posteróross√er is a pretty well-respected posteróross√er is a pretty well-respected posteróross√er is a pretty well-respected poster

Alston was the only player that actually threw and landed punches on the court, yet 2 Suns get suspended and only 1 Rocket?

To top it off, Alston gets 2 games just like Barnes.
Alston should have gotten 5-7 games, guy is a punk.
I remember his ass being shook when he was balling with the And 1 tour, one of his managers was all but ready to kick his ass and was calling him all kind of names.

Anyone saw that episode?
óross√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #27
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Can someone tell me how Nash gets suspended and T-mac doesn't? And how does Shaq get nothing but a fine? Tenure or something?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:06 PM   #28
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wonder if people have watched the full video of the fight or just the first part.

Quote:
Barnes also received a two-game suspension. Suns point guard Steve Nash was suspended for one game for his role in the shoving that followed the confrontation.

Suns center Shaquille O’Neal was fined $35,000 and McGrady received a $25,000 fine. O’Neal, Nash and McGrady received technical fouls.
"Rafer and Matt Barnes, I didn’t think (the infractions) were equal because I thought one guy initiated and one retaliated," McGrady said. "The guy that really initiated should have had more games. I don’t think Rafer deserved the same amount of games."

When initially, it was McGrady, Yao, Alston, Barnes who seemed to be at loggerheads, Nash ran into the middle of it and got knocked down by McGrady, even though I think if Nash was suspended then McGrady should've been as well, but it's just how the league rules.

Also, after the main people were broken up, Nash was still dragging at Rafer's jersey, and you could see him stsill trying to go after him wtih Barbosa pulling him back.

I have to say, Barnes was a complete idiot for throwing his whole body towards Alston who was just trying to set the screen.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:07 PM   #29
Scott Pippen
Decent college freshman

Scott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
Nash escalated the fight. he was really peeved.
what fight? That reminded me of shoving match between grade school students with the big fat bully coming and clearing way. No punch thrown. Why is there the need for suspension? This has become a joke of NBA. Players are just as talented as individuals, everything else (advertising, defense, refs, Mr. Stern, Mr. Colangelo) has went way down.
Scott Pippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:14 PM   #30
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli

Also, after the main people were broken up, Nash was still dragging at Rafer's jersey, and you could see him stsill trying to go after him wtih Barbosa pulling him back.

I have to say, Barnes was a complete idiot for throwing his whole body towards Alston who was just trying to set the screen.
I can understand Nash trying to go after him after Alston started throwing punches at Nash which should have resulted in more than 2 games.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: