Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #46
statman32
NBA Legend

Default Re: What did Steve Nash do to warrant a suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
No, that'd make YOU the moron, because Stern isn't the one in charge of issuing fines and suspensions.

McGrady should have been suspended unless there was some sort of evidence proving he just meant to push Nash back to separate them and Nash's momentum caused him to fall.

That's what cracks me up the most about you guys who claim to know so much about situations. None of you is down on the court to hear what is being SAID at the time.

As for Nash being suspended, he had no part in the incident and then starts running in there like he's going to start some sh*t?

I'm just tired of listening to these retarded Suns fans every year b*tching and moaning about how unfair their team has it, but yet this is 2 or three years in a row where there's been some kind of incident involving Phoenix players.

Mathius
**** off. Davis Stern oversees things. He is the commish. What cracks me up is you wanna criticize people for not knowing what was said at the time but then you want to assume Nash went in there to fight with ALston and you want to assume McGrady didnt really push Nash even though the EVIDENCE we have shows otherwise.

If you would have read replies you would have seen SUNS fans talk about hwo Shaq should have been suspended too and you would have seen other fans talk about how Nash shouldnt have been suspended if Mcgrady wasnt. But I guess we can chalk up your comments to you being senile.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #47
step_back
You see this knife?

Default Re: NBA suspends Matt Barnes (2 games), Rafer Alston (2 games), Steve Nash (1) game

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
he was on the bench.

if players left the bench they would be in trouble.

I'm glad to hear, Artest was one of my favourite players back when he was with the pacers. I hope his past is behind him now for good.

and LOL at GTS
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:18 PM   #48
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

Default Re: NBA suspends Matt Barnes (2 games), Rafer Alston (2 games), Steve Nash (1) game

Matt Barnes is the dirtiest piece of $h1t in the entire NBA.

I have always hated Barnes for his cheap shots and lack of character.

Its funny that Nash didnt even touch anyone and he gets suspended, but Shaq and T-mac throw people to the ground and get a miniscule fine.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:20 PM   #49
The_Blur
Banned

Well it looks like Barnes and Nash are pissed of about being suspended. Here is the explanation of what happened according to Nash:
Quote:
“They said I escalated the situation,” Nash said. “I was surrounded by three Rockets and one was attacking. What was I supposed to do? I went to go and separate guys from each other, especially when I get there and I get pushed from the side and the guy (McGrady) doesn’t get suspended.

“Rafer punched me in the chin.”

“I said, ‘I just wanted to go and help protect him because he was surrounded,’ “ Nash said. “I understand I did run over to the situation but who are they to judge if I was an aggressor or a diffuser. I got pushed to the ground. At that point, what was I supposed to do? Get thrown on the ground and get trampled? If I wanted to throw a punch, I could’ve. I just tried to grab guys to get them out of them. I was on the floor most of the time. I got pushed around twice. I’ve never been this (ticked off).”

More at azcentral.com: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...ension-CR.html
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:35 PM   #50
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
**** off. Davis Stern oversees things. He is the commish.

Telling me to f*ck off doesn't change the fact that Stern doesn't issue suspensions, and he even commented during Kobe's suspension that most of the time he doesn't even have any part in the reviews. Nice try though.

Quote:
What cracks me up is you wanna criticize people for not knowing what was said at the time but then you want to assume Nash went in there to fight with ALston and

First off, I'm not surprised your dumb ass can't read. I never said anything one way or another about whether or not Nash should be suspended. All I said was he had no part in the incident, but then runs in there like he's going to be a part of it. When you add that to the fact that I pointed out that none of you really knows what was said,

Quote:
you want to assume McGrady didnt really push Nash even though the EVIDENCE we have shows otherwise.

Do you know what the term evidence even means? Because you have none.

In fact, if you watch the video again, McGrady comes over and Nash tugs on him first, and McGrady pushes him off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3SzRngFMP0

Watch it and weep, fool.

Quote:
If you would have read replies you would have seen SUNS fans talk about hwo Shaq should have been suspended too and you would have seen other fans talk about how Nash shouldnt have been suspended if Mcgrady wasnt. But I guess we can chalk up your comments to you being senile.

I never said sh*t about Shaq in my post. Its irrelevant. And if you watch the video again, they point out that Nash comes out of nowhere and escalates the whole thing by elbowing Alston in the head.

Get your facts straight jackass.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #51
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

*marks next rockets/suns game on calendar*
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:52 PM   #52
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Funny, so many Nash haters. Don't worry guys, Nash won't get his 2 MVP's taken away. He may have gotten suspended for 1 game, but he still has 2 MVP's in his possession.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:28 PM   #53
shaoyut
National High School Star

lol shaq pushed t mac
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:24 PM   #54
3stat2
Local High School Star

lol did anyone see Tmac's postgame quote? "The big fella pushed the heck out of me"
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:26 PM   #55
Godfather
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
How did Shaq not get suspended? He looked like he was just waiting for an excuse to start shoving people.

Guess they were just glad he didn't start kicking people's asses (who knows what would have happened if he had provoked Artest).
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:30 PM   #56
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

The NBA is soft, no one should have gotten suspended. Just some pushing for a few minutes.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:41 PM   #57
3stat2
Local High School Star

Here's a few screenshots for anyone who missed it

That's Tmac who looks like a ragdoll ^

3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:03 PM   #58
k-vil
It's Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stat2
lol did anyone see Tmac's postgame quote? "The big fella pushed the heck out of me"
Lol on Tmac on doing nothing when SHaq pushed him, and seeing him so agitated when he pushed Nash. Cmon Tmac pick your own size.... after bobby jackson now it's steve nash
k-vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:43 PM   #59
dreaming121
Kids at the park dunk on me

dreaming121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:47 PM   #60
NoGunzJustSkillz

man fck the nba...the commish cost me a sh!t load of money that piece of fcking sht.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: