Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 11-14-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
collusion
Win one for LHM

Default Kyle Korver's future with the Jazz?

What role do you think Korver will play in the Jazz's future? He's been getting less minutes, and shots. He's on a pretty bad streak now so I don't want to read too much into it but it seems his role with the Jazz is diminishing. Currently we're paying him midlevel money. Also I believe he'll be a free agent this year. What are your thoughts?
collusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:01 PM   #2
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Default Re: Kyle Korver's future with the Jazz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by collusion
What role do you think Korver will play in the Jazz's future? He's been getting less minutes, and shots. He's on a pretty bad streak now so I don't want to read too much into it but it seems his role with the Jazz is diminishing. Currently we're paying him midlevel money. Also I believe he'll be a free agent this year. What are your thoughts?

When I saw him earlier, he was playing hot potatoe. He was energy. If he touched the ball, is would immediately be shot or be passed to someone else. I hope he maintains his backup role at the 2 and 3. Brewer 30 , Korver 18, AK 32, Harpring 16 would be the best rotation. Miles should be playing 16 til Harpring comes back.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:31 PM   #3
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

He hasn't looked very good and with him able to opt out he's future is certainly in doubt. CJ has a better overall game but he's more likely to be benched for now.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:14 AM   #4
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

Its as though sloan has given up on Kyle

He is my 3rd favourite player on the jazz roster after AK and DWill. Reason being is that we play the same kind of passing/shooting kinda game.

But he is the best shooter on our roster, and last season he busted us out of sooooo many tough situations I lost count! He is maybe the best player in Crunch time for us yet sloan gives him smaller minutes

Relieve Harpers of his contract and keep AK/Miles/Korver/Brewer working the SG/SF combo. TOO MANY PEOPLE PLAYING THIS POSITION!
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:56 AM   #5
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Its as though sloan has given up on Kyle

Happened with Giricek to after his first half season.

Quote:
he is the best shooter on our roster

That's all he does though. Not shooting well now and with Okur, Deron and an improved CJ he could be expendable at some point.

Quote:
Relieve Harpers of his contract

Doubt Matt is going anywhere. He's a longtime Sloan fave.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #6
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
That's all he does though. Not shooting well now and with Okur, Deron and an improved CJ he could be expendable at some point.
Nah. That weakside shooter is very important. CJ will never replace that. Plus, Korver has surprinsing D once in a while.

Quote:
Doubt Matt is going anywhere. He's a longtime Sloan fave.
I agree.

I bet Korver comes back into the lineup when Harpring does. CJ has always got the minutes when AK or Hapring are injured. Once Harpring is back and AK is starting, Korver will be playing every miunute behind Brewer while CJ waits behind Harpring and Kirilenko.

I think it boils down to CJ knowing the playbook for the 3's and Korver knowing it for the 2. Sure, they both play both...but each play one more than the other.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #7
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
That weakside shooter is very important. CJ will never replace that.

Never? Kids young.

Quote:
CJ has always got the minutes when AK or Hapring are injured

Not always. Just last year. They weren't paying him a lot of money than. They are now.

Quote:
Once Harpring is back and AK is starting, Korver will be playing every miunute behind Brewer while CJ waits behind Harpring and Kirilenko.

AK's playing too good to start him and Matt and Korver shouldn't start either. CJ makes the most sense which could leave Korver out of things. Almond appears to be in the mix now too after last nite.

Quote:
I think it boils down to CJ knowing the playbook for the 3's and Korver knowing it for the 2. Sure, they both play both...but each play one more than the other.

No reason CJ(if not Korver too) shouldn't know both positions by now. He even played the 1 in pre-season.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:35 AM   #8
Fans in Asia
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Almond is definitely not in the mix, he showed up purely because Harpring is out (and also AK).

When we are in full team, I think it is worthwhile to try starting Korver (over CJ).

Also, in the Cavs game, it seems that Korver and Price are getting back their shooting touches.

The two 3-pt buzzer beaters by Price in Q1 and Q2 are something that we often saw at the end of last year regular season.

Another Jazz Fans in Asia
http://jazzfansinasia.blogspot.com
Fans in Asia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:49 AM   #9
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Almond is definitely not in the mix, he showed up purely because Harpring is out (and also AK).

And he played pretty well. He'll get another look especially if they're not winning. AK and Harpring will miss more games as always too.

Quote:
I think it is worthwhile to try starting Korver (over CJ).

Not good enough defensively to match up with starting twos or 3's.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:19 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

send him back to us
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #11
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Sure. How about for Dalembert. Jazz will throw in Almond and Fessenko.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #12
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Sure. How about for Dalembert. Jazz will throw in Almond and Fessenko.
Pass.

Even though I can't stand Dalembert
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #13
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

Quote:
AK's playing too good to start him and Matt and Korver shouldn't start either. CJ makes the most sense which could leave Korver out of things. Almond appears to be in the mix now too after last nite.

Like i said, we have too many people who can play that position. We need to trade some people out of this position and get us a better backup big man.

I think keeping korver would be in the best interest of the team, someone of his ability (in terms of shooting, and this good pasing hes been doing), is crucial for us. Gives us a guy to go to late on in the game that we can rely to hit his shot. Also, players dont shoot cold for too long, he will get it back soon i think.
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #14
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDeRaDo_64
Like i said, we have too many people who can play that position. We need to trade some people out of this position and get us a better backup big man.

I think keeping korver would be in the best interest of the team, someone of his ability (in terms of shooting, and this good pasing hes been doing), is crucial for us. Gives us a guy to go to late on in the game that we can rely to hit his shot. Also, players dont shoot cold for too long, he will get it back soon i think.

I agree. Plus, I heard in the game that Korver had a minor wrist injury, but is feeling better now.

I forgot how much I like Harpring. If he plays limited minutes, he can really move.

CJ showed 21 points worth of scoring talent. But I still don't see him as a contributer in the post season. Seems like both he and Brewer have big scoring nights every once in a while. Brewer's D and paint points will keep him ahead of CJ, even though CJ is showing effort defensively. I'm still rooting/expecting for Brewer to turn into the 30mpg, 15ppg, on ball defender, starting sg.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:13 PM   #15
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
CJ showed 21 points worth of scoring talent.

15 in the 1st quarter before being benched.

Quote:
But I still don't see him as a contributer in the post season.

You mean like Boozer?

Quote:
Seems like both he and Brewer have big scoring nights every once in a while.

CJ's had 3 good games in a row. With consistent minutes who knows. Maybe he's arrived?

Quote:
Brewer's D and paint points will keep him ahead of CJ

Probably. But if CJ can shoot consistently he should be taking time from Korver if not others. He has a lot better all-around game than Korver.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: