Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #1
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Is this offer way too much?

I want to get Kidd. Not for his inflated numbers, just his normal numbers so I am not delusional (like he won't get 3 stls per).

I am thinking of offering Jax and Tony Parker. Jax is really hurting my TOs, as well as my FG%. Kidd covers everything else (except pts). Parker is on my bench, and I am not sure I need him. Duhon is on the waiver, so I would slot him in with Kidd. Duhon while not a scorer, gets 3's with kidd to offset jax, lots of dimes, low TOs.

Also, I am playing Marquis in place of Parker right now, who is no slouch. So I guess I don't have to play Duhon, could stick with Marquis.

But, I don't want to get killed for no reason. My league is VERY tight...to the point of ridiculous.

Last edited by RapsFan : 11-14-2008 at 09:12 PM.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
killakaronic
I airball my layups

killakaronic has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is this offer way too much?

I don't think it is too much, but then I don't really care for Parker or Jax so I may undervalue those players a little.
killakaronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:50 PM   #3
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

You probably ARE offering too much, but it sounds like you've got everything covered in a way that you arent losing in cats and gaining in the ones you need most. This should be a deal that gets done, only because you're offering enough value to the other owner that he shouldnt turn it down and yet it still does the things it needs to do to make it successful for you as well.

I think as long as you know to expect Kidd to offer numbers more similar to his yearly average rather than his crazy current numbers AND it still works for your team, go for it. Duhon is a tremendous waiver claim right now, he's like Kidd-lite.

In my league, SJax's numbers are sick for my buddy, but his fg% is just tanking him. I mean, he's attempting EIGHT threes per game at a 28% clip, and TWENTY shots per game at 38% overall. Even Amare is barely keeping him afloat in that cat.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
You probably ARE offering too much, but it sounds like you've got everything covered in a way that you arent losing in cats and gaining in the ones you need most. This should be a deal that gets done, only because you're offering enough value to the other owner that he shouldnt turn it down and yet it still does the things it needs to do to make it successful for you as well.

I think as long as you know to expect Kidd to offer numbers more similar to his yearly average rather than his crazy current numbers AND it still works for your team, go for it. Duhon is a tremendous waiver claim right now, he's like Kidd-lite.

In my league, SJax's numbers are sick for my buddy, but his fg% is just tanking him. I mean, he's attempting EIGHT threes per game at a 28% clip, and TWENTY shots per game at 38% overall. Even Amare is barely keeping him afloat in that cat.

Do I pick up Duhon regardless....for either JR Smith or Brandan Wright?

Thanks for the input. I am still really thinking this one through.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:22 PM   #5
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Do I pick up Duhon regardless....for either JR Smith or Brandan Wright?

Thanks for the input. I am still really thinking this one through.

I would personally absolutely grab Duhon. He looked sooooo confident running the point for the Knicks last night, and they're doing nice things on the court with his creativity. He's still not hitting as many shots as he needs to when guys back off of him, but I'm hoping that will come, at least at opportunistic times. I havent seen him this aggressive in a looong time, and I say that as a bigtime DUKE fan. :)

The only thing I was thinking about this deal (because its the same thing I was thinking about in my own 3for2) is how it'll affect your team if you suffer a key injury. I know we're both making our starting linueps stronger for the long term look, but it probably doesnt hurt to have a guy like Parker waiting in the wings if/when someone goes down. I know I dont want to assemble the greatest starting lineup ever only to see two key guys go down and have to stick in someone horrible from waivers. So is the gamble of having incredible stats from starters and no one decent on the bench worth more than the possibility of injuries and having decent role players fill in for them?

As far as the drop, I guess I'd make the decision based on your team needs, threes or blocks? Also, seems like Wright could lose mins again at some point, whereas Smith might have to be on the court only because options are more limited in Denver at SG. Whether you do the trade or not, make sure you go after Duhon regardless.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: