Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 11-18-2008, 09:28 PM   #16
dd24
College superstar

Default Re: Changes to FIBA court markings in 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
The most athletic league in the world is the british premire league and the nba isn't even close.

I seriously just started laughing out loud. I hope you aren't serious.

Let's bring soccer into it. Sure........ If you want to change soccer rules I won't make a thread crying about it. I'm not saying soccer players aren't athletic but, if our top athletes were playing soccer we'd be a force at that too. If a guy like Kobe Bryant played soccer and stuck with that from a young age he would be one of the greatest in the world at that. Back to basketball......
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:59 PM   #17
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I seriously just started laughing out loud. I hope you aren't serious.

Let's bring soccer into it. Sure........ If you want to change soccer rules I won't make a thread crying about it. I'm not saying soccer players aren't athletic but, if our top athletes were playing soccer we'd be a force at that too. If a guy like Kobe Bryant played soccer and stuck with that from a young age he would be one of the greatest in the world at that. Back to basketball......

Shut up nba guy, Kobe Bryant would be just a talk awkward guy that couldn't get off the bench if he played in the premier league. The only chance Kobe Bryant would have in another sport is wide receiver. Let's remember the greatest basketball player in all time failed miserably in baseball and Kobe Bryant isn't as great as Michael Jordan or major league baseball nearly as athletic as the british premier league.

Last edited by b.jerk : 11-18-2008 at 11:08 PM.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:51 AM   #18
dd24
College superstar

Baseball is a completely different animal so that's not even a good comparison for athleticism. If Kobe, MJ, or any other all-star played soccer from a young age like they did basketball they would certainly be good. They can run faster, jump higher, and react quicker than 99.9% of people out there. By the way, thanks for the humor today
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:39 AM   #19
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Baseball is a completely different animal so that's not even a good comparison for athleticism. If Kobe, MJ, or any other all-star played soccer from a young age like they did basketball they would certainly be good. They can run faster, jump higher, and react quicker than 99.9% of people out there. By the way, thanks for the humor today

Did you just say that Michael Jordan can react 99.9% of the people in the world but can't react fast enough to hit a baseball in the mlb. What you believe is true contradicts itself.

The truth is world class soccer players are much faster than nba athletes. It isn't even close.

Your league nba fan is runned by David Stern that's all I have to say.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:49 AM   #20
Ives
I airball my layups

Awesome... from "changes to court markings" to "soccer Vs basketball"

:)
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:50 AM   #21
Geandily
Local High School Star

Wow you guys are dumb

"SOCCER PLAYERS ARE MORE ATHLETIC"

"BASKETBALL PLAYERS ARE MORE ATHLETIC"

To argue either way is stupid
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:56 AM   #22
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Hmmmm.... really tall people who shoot jumpshots. Sounds like the Euroleague to me. Drive inside and kick it out to someone to shoot a short 3. At least a large court makes it a legit shot. Right now they aren't even shooting college 3's.

I can see where you might have apprehension about the trapezoid lane. I can't understand why anybody would be against a bigger court. You're players are evolving. They are getting more athletic. Why would you want to hinder their athleticism? Why do you want rules to allow inferior players the opportunity to compete?

One thing people hate is change. I think in time you will see this change is for the better.
aren't college 3s closer??
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:01 AM   #23
la bomba
Local High School Star

the comparison with football is not a good one,I doubt you have any idea how skillfull you have to be with your feet to be a great footballer,so I doubt Kobe(big football fan) or MJ would be any good(their feet are too big for starters!!)Maybe they would be ok in the english premiership which isnt the most skillfull of leagues! Anyway as they said somewhere in the thread back to basketball. Just one last thing,, why call football soccer?? what the f is soccer? Real football is football,if you want to differentiate from the stuff with all the helmet and gay protective gear call that american football,which is not really played with the feet,,,mmm.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:06 AM   #24
Ives
I airball my layups

Soccer is for boys. Football is for men.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:14 PM   #25
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Hmmmm.... really tall people who shoot jumpshots. Sounds like the Euroleague to me. Drive inside and kick it out to someone to shoot a short 3. At least a large court makes it a legit shot. Right now they aren't even shooting college 3's.

I can see where you might have apprehension about the trapezoid lane. I can't understand why anybody would be against a bigger court. You're players are evolving. They are getting more athletic. Why would you want to hinder their athleticism? Why do you want rules to allow inferior players the opportunity to compete?

One thing people hate is change. I think in time you will see this change is for the better.
Laying down the pwn4g3. My exact reason.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:15 PM   #26
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
aren't college 3s closer??
No, they got moved back another foot so now Euro 3's are closer than College 3's.

On May 3, 2007, the NCAA men's basketball rules committee passed a measure to extend the distance of the men's three-point line a foot back to 20 feet, 9 inches (6.32 m). The usage will become effective from the 2008-09 season.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #27
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
ok so its only for americans? Have the americans not changed the rules since then?do they play nba rules in canada?apart from toronto.
Play association football then if you don't like the rules.

Soccer got it's name from Association football.

The term soccer originated in England, first appearing in the 1880s as a slang abbreviation of the word "association", often credited to former England captain Charles Wreford-Brown

Last edited by Huey Freeman : 11-19-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #28
Huey Freeman
PAO

Also, I just find it ironic that you spout off so much American hate be it players or teams or leagues, but love a North American sport like basketball so much.

Last edited by Huey Freeman : 11-19-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:00 PM   #29
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

The term hate isn't accurate, america is in a transition period right now and a lot of institutions aren't runned as well as they should be. The leadership of the nba is so inept that they need to go.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #30
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
The term hate isn't accurate, america is in a transition period right now and a lot of institutions aren't runned as well as they should be. The leadership of the nba is so inept that they need to go.
I honestly don't know anybody who likes David Stern.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: