Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 11-15-2008, 01:15 AM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here
Default Game 9 vs Warriors 11/15

Los Angeles Clippers 1-7 VS Golden State Warriors 3-4

Where: Staples Center in LA, Cali
When: Saturday, November 15th; 12:30 PM PST
Media: KTLAtheCW
Clippers Last Game: 98-103 loss versus Sacramento
Warriors Last Game: 102-107 loss versus Detroit

Projected Starting Units:
vs
Baron Davis vs DeMarcus Nelson
15.0 Points 5.4 Points
3.3 Rebounds 1.8 Rebounds
7.6 Assists 1.3 Assists

VS
Cuttino Mobley vs Kelenna Azubuike
11.4 Points 15.9 Points
2.6 Rebounds 4.7 Rebounds
1.1 Assists 1.8 Assists

VS
Al Thornton vs Jason Thompson
16.4 Points 17.4 Points
4.8 Rebounds 6.4 Rebounds
0.8 Assists 2.4 Assists

VS
Marcus Camby vs Stephen Jackson
7.0 Points 22.3 Points
9.4 Rebounds 3.9 Rebounds
1.0 Assists 6.0 Assists

VS
Chris Kaman vs Andris Biedrins
12.5 Points 16.8 Points
9.9 Rebounds 14.8 Rebounds
1.6 Assists 1.6 Assists

Q's Key's To The Game:

1) Control the boards. Sacramento outrebounded us by 10, which led to no second chances for us, while they got plenty.
2) Protect the paint. Beno Udrih killed us and got into the lan whenever he chose to, and going up against Maggette, we need to make sure that doesn't happen AGAIN.
3) Energy? Are the guys going to be up for this game, or just go through the motions again like they did against Sacramento?

Q's Quote:
"Many predicted a 1-7 start after the troubles we had, and now, we are 1-7. We need this victory to avoid falling back deeper in the standings, even with how early it is in the year. San Antonio and the Thunder are coming up on the schedule, followed by the 6ers and Nets, all winnable games, so if we take 4 at least, we can get to 5-8."

Q's Prediction: Clippers win 114-105
Q's Prediction Record: 4-4

qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:09 AM   #2
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Game 9 vs Warriors 11/15

You have Corey Maggette down as Jason Thompson.

Anyways, I miss Corey and his slashing and ability to get to the line, Al Thornton is our only slasher right now and hopefully Ricky remembers how aggressive he used to be as a Hornet.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:00 AM   #3
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope Al T goes for 25+ points in this game.... because I want the Clipps to do good against the Warriors...

Also I would not mind seeing more of E.Gor... I cant wait till the lil' fella gets some solid minutes.. I think he will be very productive....
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Disgusting. Losing to a Jazz team without Deron twice, losing a Melo-less Nuggets squad, losing to a K-Mart/Garcia less Kings squad and now a Monta Ellis-less Warriors squad. Not to mention ALL of those games being at home. There is no reason, none what so ever, that this team should be 1-8 right now, none. Mike Dunleavy needs to go, period. Unless we can win the next 2 at least, this will be a long season.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:34 PM   #5
eemas91
Kids at the park dunk on me

eemas91 has an OK reputation so far

coach cassell anyone?
eemas91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:18 AM   #6
livlife2k
I brick open layups

livlife2k has decent reputation

Clipps allowed an undrafted rookie ,who was starting his very first game, to abuse them and drop 37 on them...towards the end of the game, the large Warriors crowd was chanting, "Morrow, Morrow, Morrow!" Embarrassing...Clipps don't have a decent perimeter defender anymore...
livlife2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:55 AM   #7
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

There was a stretch where Maggette raped us with a jumper, a turnaround, a fadeaway, and another jumper and meanwhile on the other side Thornton was jacking up bricks. In a system like Nellie's, Corey's mistakes are minimized and other than his 3 fouls in the first half, I really didn't see him do anything stupid that he used to here. We simply just got outcoached and all our weaknesses were exposed in that atrocious 4th quarter.

I've always stuck up for Dunleavy in the past but this year we have all the right pieces and we just have been outplayed, out coached and out hustled. If we get to something like 3-15 then its gonna be Dunleavy's time to step down as coach. The guy is a great GM and knows how to build a team, its just his coaching strategy that has been pissing me off lately. Things like running too many set plays when we obviously are better in the open court offense and things in the past like Daniel Ewing on Raja Bell in that important 06 game. The more games we lose this season, the more we will start to remember his past mistakes. If Mike can prove me wrong and we go on a 10 game win streak, I will forget everything I just said.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: