Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-15-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Default Possible trade opportunity, some big names

10 team roto, standard 8 cats, no TOs

CP
Gordon
Beno
Rashard
Jamison
Beasley
Boozer
Okafor
Durant
Mayo
---
Kenyon
Marc Gasol
Tony Parker
Smoov

I'd deal Jamison, Beasley and Beno
I'd receive Nash and Big Z

I need help in assists and blocks the most, other cats are solid right now. Buying low on Nash seems like a great idea right now, even though I'm not thrilled to have Z.

My thought was that I'd be sitting Beasley once Smoov and Parker come back. This opened up a lot of options for me statistically and position-wise, since I've got a bit of a logjam at F.

Decent FAs available since its only a 10 teamer (Gooden, Murphy, Haslem, Alston, Barnes, TT etc.)

Good move or no?
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #2
RapsFan
Great college starter

Default Re: Possible trade opportunity, some big names

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
10 team roto, standard 8 cats, no TOs

CP
Gordon
Beno
Rashard
Jamison
Beasley
Boozer
Okafor
Durant
Mayo
---
Kenyon
Marc Gasol
Tony Parker
Smoov

I'd deal Jamison, Beasley and Beno
I'd receive Nash and Big Z

I need help in assists and blocks the most, other cats are solid right now. Buying low on Nash seems like a great idea right now, even though I'm not thrilled to have Z.

My thought was that I'd be sitting Beasley once Smoov and Parker come back. This opened up a lot of options for me statistically and position-wise, since I've got a bit of a logjam at F.

Decent FAs available since its only a 10 teamer (Gooden, Murphy, Haslem, Alston, Barnes, TT etc.)

Good move or no?

Will you be starting both Parker and Smoove when they get back? If so, for who? Will there then be enough room in your starting lineup for Z and Nash.....so all 4 of them?

That is what you need to look at. Looks to me that you wouldn't have room for all 4 of Nash, Z, Smoove and Parker. I like the deal, but now you have to take into account a guy like Gordon's or Mayo's numbers also, as they will move to the pine. That mean's you're going to have to do another 2 for 1.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:15 PM   #3
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Will you be starting both Parker and Smoove when they get back? If so, for who? Will there then be enough room in your starting lineup for Z and Nash.....so all 4 of them?

That is what you need to look at. Looks to me that you wouldn't have room for all 4 of Nash, Z, Smoove and Parker. I like the deal, but now you have to take into account a guy like Gordon's or Mayo's numbers also, as they will move to the pine. That mean's you're going to have to do another 2 for 1.

Yeah, in theory my lineup would include everyone except Z. He'd fill in for injuries/needs when necessary. It'd be:
CP
Gordon
Nash
Rashard
Durant
Smoov
Boozer
Okafor
Mayo
Parker

Glancing at that team, I might struggle with rebounds but flourish in assists.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #4
RapsFan
Great college starter

So I guess my problem with the trade is that you're dealing for a guy who blks in Z, but then not even having room for him. Nice problem to have, but then is it worth it...giving up Jamison AND Beasley for Nash? Tough call. Since TOs aren't an issue, then maybe it's still good for you, as tons of Jamison's value are from his incredibly low TOs.

Actually you might be a better team with Gordon benched in favour of Z, since you should be fine in scoring and 3's?
Old 11-15-2008, 03:28 PM   #5
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
So I guess my problem with the trade is that you're dealing for a guy who blks in Z, but then not even having room for him. Nice problem to have, but then is it worth it...giving up Jamison AND Beasley for Nash? Tough call. Since TOs aren't an issue, then maybe it's still good for you, as tons of Jamison's value are from his incredibly low TOs.

Actually you might be a better team with Gordon benched in favour of Z, since you should be fine in scoring and 3's?

Benching Gordon or even Mayo could be a definite possiblity once I made up some ground in threes. Plug one of them at SG and then throw Z at Util or something similar.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:27 AM   #6
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

The Nash deal is a no go.

Am I dealing too much if I send Gordon and Beasley for Calderon? What about Gordon and Jamison? I probably need to bowl him over with a great deal, as Calderon is a big part of his team.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:25 AM   #7
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
The Nash deal is a no go.

Am I dealing too much if I send Gordon and Beasley for Calderon? What about Gordon and Jamison? I probably need to bowl him over with a great deal, as Calderon is a big part of his team.

Gordon and Beasley is just fine for Jose. Jamison/Gordon seems high, but depends on needs. You have a good bench.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:09 AM   #8
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Gordon and Beasley is just fine for Jose. Jamison/Gordon seems high, but depends on needs. You have a good bench.

My thought process in getting Calderon is to be an 8, 9, or 10 in assists just from CP and Calderon alone. That would basically leave me open to fill every other position with guys that target specific categories. Dealing Jamison would be a big blow to boards, but I dont love his fg% and he's not hitting a ton of threes this year yet. So Calderon would be a big boost in fg%, ft%, assists and still keep up a fair amount of threes. It would hurt to lose Gordon right now, but Mayo fills in nicely at the SG spot. A move like this would also free up a spot at F for Smoov when he returns.

So potentially my team would be:
CP
Mayo
Calderon
Rashard
Smoov (when healthy)
Beasley
Boozer
Okafor
Durant
Parker (when healthy)

I'd use Kenyon and maybe Gasol for a bit, or maybe use someone off waivers in Gasol's place like Haslem or Murphy. This all kinda hinges on the timing of my injured guys coming back though, because its not necessarily a great thing if I just throw scrubs into my lineup for the next three weeks.

Any thoughts on this?

One last question: do I keep Mayo or Gordon? Instinct tells me to keep Mayo because of the mins/opportunity in Memphis, but the rookie wall might hurt somewhere down the line. Gordon is seasoned and is looking for another contract, even if/when Hughes and Hinrich are at full strength.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:49 AM   #9
RapsFan
Great college starter

I think I would still try the Beasley first right?

If that is a no, then go with the Jamison but at least get another piece from him that might have upside. Mayo is flashy, so that might get the trade done, and you sit back and enjoy Gordon's similar stats. It's all about getting the deal done and making it appealing. Mayo is better I think then Gordon (stls) but not a ton to make it a deal breaker I don't think.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: