Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-15-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
¢ross√er
I trust me!

¢ross√er is a pretty well-respected poster¢ross√er is a pretty well-respected poster¢ross√er is a pretty well-respected poster¢ross√er is a pretty well-respected poster
Default The Great Debaters

One of the best movies I have ever seen, I suggest anyone who hasn't seen it rent it next time you can. Starring Denzel Washington and Forest Whitaker, this 2007 movie is exactly what the title states.

Won't spoil anything, but this movie will inspire you and actually educate you.
¢ross√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Great Debaters

Are you serious? This was cliched, generic, formulaic schlop. If that's one of the best you've ever seen, I have some advice: watch more movies.

Should've been called The Master Debaters.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:31 AM   #3
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Are you serious? This was cliched, generic, formulaic schlop. If that's one of the best you've ever seen, I have some advice: watch more movies.

Should've been called The Master Debaters
Did you call?

But seriously, the movie was pretty average. Pretty bloated plot and the outcome at the end seemed to be semi predictable. 3/5
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:47 AM   #4
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy

Should've been called The Master Debaters.

How can you call something cliched and generic and then turn around and say something like The Master Debaters.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:22 AM   #5
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
How can you call something cliched and generic and then turn around and say something like The Master Debaters.

Cuz I'm hella cool, that's why.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:03 AM   #6
ISHDiva4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces

Dumb unwitty responses for dumb opinions?

anyways to go along with that inspirational, ghetto type movies I absolutely cherished Stand and Deliver and really liked Dangerous Minds. However, Freedom Writers kind of sucked and soo did Akeelah and the Bee.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:26 AM   #7
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

OP knows nothing about everything.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:00 AM   #8
¢ross√er
I trust me!

¢ross√er is a pretty well-respected poster¢ross√er is a pretty well-respected poster¢ross√er is a pretty well-respected poster¢ross√er is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux

OP knows nothing about everything.

Kind of like the crap you wrote in your top 20 movies thread a few weeks back, right dipshit?!

I was obviously over-exaggerating that movie slightly, I haven't even heard of it until I saw it last night and I enjoyed it a lot. I think it's a damn good movie, Pete go suck a dick you twerp.
¢ross√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

I'm going to watch it tonight. Am I wasting my time?
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #10
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

I find it interesting this film grossed a colossal $30,236,407 @ box office; I'd imagine almost any Denzel film (and let's not underestimate Forest Whitaker either, he's a pull in some circles) would bring in bigger bucks.

What's even more interesting is the film's entire budget (according to Wiki) was a mere 15 million. Does that seem right? How much of the film's budget went to Denzel alone?
Old 02-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #11
Legend of Josh
Banned

... just digging a little further into Denzel's Hollywood status. Looking at the recent huge success hit Flight, it grossed approx. 130mil ... with a budget of only 30mil. I haven't seen the film, but the marketing campaign alone had to cost several million considering how many commercials they had back when it was in theaters.

Is it just me, or does the fact someone like Will Smith gets paid hella more per film compared to Denzel, when dude isn't even half the actor? I know, I know, pop culture, etc drives the dollars, but damn, I just feel Denzel isn't being credited enough for the level of actor caliber he is.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: