Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-18-2008, 05:11 AM   #16
Rusty
Host of a Nets podcast

Rusty has decent reputation
Default Re: The Official Vote Devin Harris into the All-Star Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-vil
Do you guys think Devin has more chance to go to Phoenix than Vince? I hope they will be both an all-star this season.
Good question. Devin will be more of a standout to the Coaches (if he keeps up anything like his current form) because he has never been selected and they're always on the lookout for rising stars like him. Having said that, VC is up there with the highest vote getters in All-Star history - in terms of total votes. Remember, before Yao arrived on the scene, it was Vince - not Kobe - who perennially topped the vote tallies and he did this year after year. Sure, a lot of that had to do with him being the star of the only team in Canada, but he has still attracted a HEAP of votes each season since arriving in Jersey. With voters losing patience with Gilbert Arenas (with his injury troubles), and not having Jason Kidd competing against him on the ballot (even though he plays the other guard position), I think Vince will stand a chance of attracting the second highest number of votes of any Eastern guard and therefore earning his 9th All-Star selection without the coaches' intervention. Also, it's key to remember that he'll be earning extra votes this year - being in the Chinese public's spotlight as Yi's team mate. Having said that, Allen Iverson and Ray Allen will no doubt give him a run for his money. If Vince doesn't garner enough votes, I'm confident the coaches would select him anyway because he's the captain of what looks to be an over-achieving young team.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:19 PM   #17
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty
Good question. Devin will be more of a standout to the Coaches (if he keeps up anything like his current form) because he has never been selected and they're always on the lookout for rising stars like him. Having said that, VC is up there with the highest vote getters in All-Star history - in terms of total votes. Remember, before Yao arrived on the scene, it was Vince - not Kobe - who perennially topped the vote tallies and he did this year after year. Sure, a lot of that had to do with him being the star of the only team in Canada, but he has still attracted a HEAP of votes each season since arriving in Jersey. With voters losing patience with Gilbert Arenas (with his injury troubles), and not having Jason Kidd competing against him on the ballot (even though he plays the other guard position), I think Vince will stand a chance of attracting the second highest number of votes of any Eastern guard and therefore earning his 9th All-Star selection without the coaches' intervention. Also, it's key to remember that he'll be earning extra votes this year - being in the Chinese public's spotlight as Yi's team mate. Having said that, Allen Iverson and Ray Allen will no doubt give him a run for his money. If Vince doesn't garner enough votes, I'm confident the coaches would select him anyway because he's the captain of what looks to be an over-achieving young team.

Good analysis. Maybe you should plug this here initiative on your podcast

VOTE EVERYDAY, IT ONLY TAKES A MINUTE. GET DEVIN HARRIS INTO THE STARTING 5 AT THE ALL-STAR GAME, HE DESERVES IT!!!
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #18
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Vote for VC too! He's been scoring at a high % despite numerous double and triple teams but he's also setting up all of his teammates.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #19
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I voted
Devin
Carter
James
Yi
Howard
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #20
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

I voted

Harris
VC
Jefferson
Yi
Lopez (also tried to write in and it didn't add him)

Kidd
Nash
TD
Amare
Shaq

But if I really had to make non-homer picks they would be:

Wade
JJ
LBJ
Bosh
Howard

Paul
Kobe
Amare
TD
Yao
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:09 PM   #21
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

My votes over again (THIS IS WHAT I TRULY BELIEVE IS RIGHT, HOMERISM ASIDE):

Devin Harris (I TRULY BELIEVE IT)
Dwyane Wade
LeBron James
Chris Bosh
Dwight Howard

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Carmelo Anthony
Tim Duncan
Yao Ming
Old 11-18-2008, 10:18 PM   #22
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
My votes over again (THIS IS WHAT I TRULY BELIEVE IS RIGHT, HOMERISM ASIDE):

Devin Harris (I TRULY BELIEVE IT)
Dwyane Wade
LeBron James
Chris Bosh
Dwight Howard

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Carmelo Anthony
Tim Duncan
Yao Ming

We have the exact same ballot(except every other day I vote VC instead of Wade)
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:55 AM   #23
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

it's very hard to argue with that ballot. closest one i'd argue with is the carmelo selection, but then i haven't looked at mcgrady's numbers and other west SF numbers this year.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:38 AM   #24
Rusty
Host of a Nets podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
Good analysis. Maybe you should plug this here initiative on your podcast ...
I'll give you the hot tip right now....something remarkably similar to what I said in this thread about the All-Star ballot will be aired on 'The Crossover' lol
Old 11-19-2008, 02:01 AM   #25
Rusty
Host of a Nets podcast

I forgot to vote yesterday (shame on me, I know) but this is my ballot [it'll remain the same until voting closes]:

East

G - Devin Harris
G - Vince Carter
F - Antawn Jamison [Always liked the guy]
F - Kevin Garnett [It was either him or LeBron. I went KG 'coz I HATE the Cavs]
C - Dwight Howard [who else could you chose in this spot?]

West

G - Brandon Roy [Because he's an incredibly impressive up-and-comer]
G - Jerry Stackhouse [One of my all-time favorite players]
F - Grant Hill [see Jerry Stackhouse]
F - Amare Stoudemire [I love the way the guy plays]
C - Shaquille O'Neal [see Jerry Stackhouse and Grant Hill; plus, what sort of an all-star weekend would it be without the Big Aristotle?]

Write-in: Brook Lopez

Just another quick thought: It's gonna really piss me off to see Yi in an All-Star jersey (just like it did with Yao in his first couple of un-deserving seasons). The NBA really needs to take a long hard look at the voting process.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:43 AM   #26
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

^Yeah Yi will not deserve it. That's why I don't vote for who I want to see in the game, but who I truly believe should be in the game. Maybe I'll have somewhat of an impact on the process.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:44 AM   #27
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty
I'll give you the hot tip right now....something remarkably similar to what I said in this thread about the All-Star ballot will be aired on 'The Crossover' lol
I hope you don't tell the world that my link didn't work
Old 11-21-2008, 10:50 AM   #28
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Keep Voting!!!
Old 11-22-2008, 10:37 PM   #29
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

I vote

Harris Carter Yi Jefferson and Dwight Howard

Kidd Kobe Duncan Gasol Shaq

Write In: Lopez

every single day
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:22 PM   #30
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

strange i forgot to vote for kidd until now. oh well, done. >.<

as an experiment i tried using IE this time to do a write-in, but it still didn't work. not really sure what the problem is at this point.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: