Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 09-01-2008, 07:21 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Can Kevin Martin become a top-tier NBA star

Or will he basically be a scoring machine (which is great) but not someone that actually carries a team like a top star often does
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Can Kevin Martin become a top-tier NBA star

He's a star, but not a superstar. He can't carry a team all by himself to a winning record, let alone playoffs, he needs help.

He's similar to Corey Maggette, Michael Redd, Brandon Roy, Steven Jackson, Richard Jefferson type players. Guys who are in the 20-24 PPG group that are really good, but dont get much recognition since they play on weaker teams.

Playing on a bad team, to get real recognition you need to average over 25 points and atleast make it to the playoffs. Such as LeBron's early years, Iverson's early Sixers years, T-Macs Orlando years, etc... Even if the team got knocked out, basically the star was the main reason they even got to the playoffs.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #3
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

as much as i love the kid and having him on the kings, i agree, he can't really carry a team himself (though i don't think any one player should in the first place).
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He will become a top tier player. But his whole career will not be in Sac Town. I think that once he hits his prime, he will want to be traded to a contender team.

Good role for him could be Cleveland were he could act as LeBron Jr, and those 2 can win the chip no doubt.

He is a future all star and team USA player.

And I dont think hes a guy who can carry a team, more of a 2nd/3rd option
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:04 AM   #5
egghead

Top 5 SG I think
Old 09-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #6
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by egghead
Top 5 SG I think

Lebron, Kobe, Wade, T-Mac, Iverson.... Sorry.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:38 PM   #7
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Lebron, Kobe, Wade, T-Mac, Iverson.... Sorry.
LeBron is a SF. and T-Mac is more of a Small Forward than a Shooting Guard even though he does play that position.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:16 PM   #8
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

He will average about 25 points this year but sadly they don't have a legit 2 option to work with until then he won't get the recognition he deserves.
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:22 PM   #9
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I see him in his prime like Mitch Richmond. Yeah, he's gonna be a good scorer, but this squad ain't going anywhere.

We need defenders and blockers down low. Hawes is probably leaning towards the scoring more, which is why I shunned the Kings' pick.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:33 PM   #10
Californiafan
I brick open layups

Californiafan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
I see him in his prime like Mitch Richmond. Yeah, he's gonna be a good scorer, but this squad ain't going anywhere.

We need defenders and blockers down low. Hawes is probably leaning towards the scoring more, which is why I shunned the Kings' pick.
I agree with the comparison to Richmond.
Californiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:31 AM   #11
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

He is a great offensive scorer and is an above average defender. What he needs to get to the next level? Playmaking. He sorely lacks in this department. He is at a point, where he could points up at will, by either dropping the mid range J or slithering inside and drawing contact and getting to the line (one of the best in the game). The question remains to be answered, can he make his teammates better? So far, it's a no. While his offensive prowess have an impact on the game, his playmaking isn't at a level where he can make others better. I am not really sure if he'll ever get to the next level, but as it stands now, he is more of a second option on a championship contending team. He could be option 1B on a team where the second player is equivalent to him in talent but with different skill-set. A guy who can put up 18, 6 and 6 efficiently and create for others. That team must be defensively focused to be successful...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:42 PM   #12
Kings_Alex
Sugar K

Kings_Alex has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba

we could have used a sean williams type of player...
Kings_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:20 PM   #13
Don't Stop Believing!!

3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If he wants he can probably be one of the best 2nd options in the league. He's one of my favorite players in the NBA.
3.2.1. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: