Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-16-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
kobebryant242424
I airball my layups

kobebryant242424 has an OK reputation so far
Default Team Help!

I am thinking it's time to start making a move. I am in a H2H League (Stats: FG%, FT%, 3PM, PTS, RBS, ASSTS, STLS, BLKS, TOS) and my team keeps underperforming. I won the first week 6-3, lost last week 3-6 and again am about to lose 3-6. I feel like I'm just not producing enough PTS and RBS. Not to mention I have a terrible FG%. Is it time to make a move or stay put?

T.J. Ford
(Ind - PG)
Danny Granger
(Ind - SG,SF)
Kobe Bryant
(LAL - SG)
Ron Artest
(Hou - SF,PF)
Al Horford
(Atl - PF,C)
Kevin Durant
(OKC - SG,SF)
Spencer Hawes
(Sac - C)
Yao Ming
(Hou - C)
Marcus Camby
(LAC - PF,C)
Manu Ginobili
(SA - SG) INJ
Jason Kidd
(Dal - PG)
Nate Robinson
(NY - PG,SG)
Caron Butler
(Was - SF)
kobebryant242424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
kobebryant242424
I airball my layups

Default Re: Team Help!

bump
Old 11-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #3
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

You need to target 6-7 categories and dump 2-3. If you're getting killed in FG% each week, then what is Yao and Horford doing for you in that regard. Yes they help in other categories, but if you can deal them for chuckers that help you in the categories you're trying to build on then do it. Yao in a Sheed deal for example. Maybe tank bds and fg%...which would lead to dealing the bigs. But you'd want to be careful with TOs if you're all guards and blks.

I guess I am saying yes, you need to make some moves, but you need to figure out your direction.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
kobebryant242424
I airball my layups

Yeah I would definately agree with you. My team is average is ALL cats, which sucks for head to head. I'm terrible in FG% and RBS as you pointed out so I will try and dump yao and horford. Should I also try and get rid of Camby or can I not afford to lose that many big man. And what kind of value could I get out of Yao and Horford?
Old 11-17-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant242424
Yeah I would definately agree with you. My team is average is ALL cats, which sucks for head to head. I'm terrible in FG% and RBS as you pointed out so I will try and dump yao and horford. Should I also try and get rid of Camby or can I not afford to lose that many big man. And what kind of value could I get out of Yao and Horford?

Well blks is a category, so you have to be careful with that. Just because a guy is good at something you don't need, doesn't always mean you dump him. Also, TOs you'd need to worry about.

You could dump bds/blks/FG%.....but you HAVE to make sure you're good at TOs to. Or, you still try for rebounds, and dump blks/FG% and not worry about TOs. Don't dump or try for them, just don't worry and let what happens happens.

Try Horford for Zach. More bds, no blks and bad FG%. Better FT% and scoring etc.

I think Sheed in a Camby or Yao deal would be great. But you need bds so get another 5-7 rebound type guy along with Sheed...maybe in a 2 for 2.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:12 PM   #6
kobebryant242424
I airball my layups

I recently was just offered Yao and Horford for Mayo and Iverson. I would basically be losing TO's every week then I think
Old 11-18-2008, 12:03 AM   #7
kobebryant242424
I airball my layups

Just traded Horford for Randolph
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: