Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-13-2006, 09:21 AM   #1
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far
Default Derek Anderson?

Here me out before everyone jumps and beyotches:

Derek Anderson was waived by the Heat today. The Lakers looked at him last year - why not sign him to a non-guaranteed vet minimum contract deal.

I know we have a TON of guards (including Pinnock), but why not bring him in for a look and have him compete with the other guards on the team for a roster spot? If he competes and beats out Wafer, Pinnock (destined for NDBL), Shammond, etc he could provide some quality depth behind Bryant and Smush. If he doesn't, he gets cut and thrown to the waiver wire again. No harm, no foul, no cap hit.

netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:33 AM   #2
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

except he just left MIA b/c he didnt get enough PT n he played 20/game....if he wasn't satisfied backing up wade, payton, n jwill, I don't think he'll be satisfied backing up smush....n I don't think we'll start him b/c it could hurt the chemistry....
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:55 AM   #3
Aristotle8/24
I airball my layups

Aristotle8/24 has an OK reputation so far

You make a good point, buit I rather see what they can do with the roster they have now.
Aristotle8/24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:16 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We all know Mckie is finished and wafer never was.

Waive them both and sign anderson
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:49 PM   #5
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Andedrson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
We all know Mckie is finished and wafer never was.

Waive them both and sign anderson

I agree!!! Our bench needs some veteran leadership...he has played well
at times and might help a ton...
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:38 PM   #6
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

No, not again. He's old and washed up. We have enough back-up PGs on our team already. And he's just gonna complain even more when he comes here.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:48 PM   #7
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Derek Anderson??? Even though having Derek Anderson on this Los Angeles Angeles Lakers team is ideal, it's not really a good idea.

Aaron McKie was signed to the Los Angeles Lakers for the same reason you guys are listing for Derek Anderson, so if he's signed, he won't contribute much.

Anytime anybody hears about Derek Anderson, it's when he's on the injury list.

Maybe Derek Anderson didn't get along with Miami Heat management, but the Los Angeles Lakers need to scout Derek Anderson very carefully if they are indeed thinking about him.

Signing him would be nice for the Los Angeles Lakers if he's healthy, but the most ideal location for Derek Anderson would have to be a championship contender team.

Derek Anderson would be a great fit for the Dallas Mavericks or the Phoenix Suns. His shooting would help tremendously, and he would get just enough minutes to contribute to his team.

The Los Angeles Lakers need more help than Derek Anderson. Signing him wouldn't be a feasible idea for the Los Angeles Lakers because so much would be expected of Derek Anderson when he could probably provide so little at this stage of his career, just like Aaron McKie, no disrespect to any of the players by way. Both Derek Anderson and Aaron Mckie are classy people and were both solid contributers for their respective teams back in the day.

The Los Angeles Lakers need players who can contribute to the team.

Last edited by LakerRaider : 09-13-2006 at 07:53 PM.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:10 AM   #8
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

didn't he turn us down last year?
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:21 AM   #9
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

I was thinking of doing the same post When I heard he was waived, I think they might sign him. He wanted out because he didn't get a-lot of min. And I would love to see him at point. I say he will average around 8 to 12 pt with the lakers. Averaging about 25 to 30 min a game. And will be back-up for the PT SG SF. So he will be a great pick up for the Lakers or any team. But that's just what I think and not fact. Oh ya waive Mckie, and Wafer or include them in a trade.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:58 PM   #10
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Anderson sounds good coming off the bench and i do mean way off the bench. We should hurry-up and waive Mckey old **s.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:27 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
didn't he turn us down last year?

yeah...he wanted to come but he wanted the full MLE even thought he was already making 17 million dllars at the time (he was waived for the new luxury tax rules)

so after that I just thought he wasnt worth it...tryin to be a greedy lil thief stealin all our money...punk ass anderson
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: