Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2008, 04:35 PM   #16
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)
 
Yung D-Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Jerry Sloan's Doghouse
Posts: 12,580
Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Wake up! Heat playing good so far!

To me as i look at Miami i see a team that has the potential to be number 3 in the east right below Cleavlend and Boston
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #17
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star
 
Lord Leoshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bizzaro world
Posts: 1,325
Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Wake up! Heat playing good so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
To me as i look at Miami i see a team that has the potential to be number 3 in the east right below Cleavlend and Boston

At best 4th, behind BOS, CLE, & ORL.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:26 AM   #18
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)
 
Yung D-Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Jerry Sloan's Doghouse
Posts: 12,580
Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Wake up! Heat playing good so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Leoshes
At best 4th, behind BOS, CLE, & ORL.

I think if they use Beasly better and start running the ball better they could be better than Orlando.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 06:39 AM   #19
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory
 
Alonzo Magic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,078
Alonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Wake up! Heat playing good so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
I think if they use Beasly better and start running the ball better they could be better than Orlando.

I've thought about this, and I must say, the Magic are better than us for the conceivable future, no matter how we use B-Easy. Simplistically speaking, their better than us in almost all aspects of the game - Better rebounding, more depth, multiple scorers, better defence, better shooters, better in the paint, more assists, more experience, better team chemistry and even, to this point a better Coach. (although I'm being a tad harsh on coach Spo, afterall it is his first year as HC) The only thing we have over them is the backcourt, and our Superstar>>> their Superstar. This is a very basic comparison, in which they have an overwhelming advantage over us.

I think it's safe to say that we are exceeding expectations right now, at the same time, it's important to know our limits. The focus should be to maintain our position, get into the playoffs (avoiding cavs + Celts, so 6th spot should be the goal) and give the young guys some post season experience, winning a few games along the way.

Right now though, the way I see it, things look like this:

Boston
Cleveland
.
.
.
Orlando
.
.
Detroit
Atlanta
.
Miami

We'll get there eventually, it's a very young, talented team and if we can get a capable big then the sky's the limit in the next couple years. Don't forget 2010 either, the Heat can potentially get another Superstar as well as resigning Wade. Till then, baby steps and enjoy winning some games this season.
Alonzo Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:26 AM   #20
heat_LE
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 85
heat_LE has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Wake up! Heat playing good so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonzo Magic
I've thought about this, and I must say, the Magic are better than us for the conceivable future, no matter how we use B-Easy. Simplistically speaking, their better than us in almost all aspects of the game - Better rebounding, more depth, multiple scorers, better defence, better shooters, better in the paint, more assists, more experience, better team chemistry and even, to this point a better Coach. (although I'm being a tad harsh on coach Spo, afterall it is his first year as HC) The only thing we have over them is the backcourt, and our Superstar>>> their Superstar. This is a very basic comparison, in which they have an overwhelming advantage over us.

I think it's safe to say that we are exceeding expectations right now, at the same time, it's important to know our limits. The focus should be to maintain our position, get into the playoffs (avoiding cavs + Celts, so 6th spot should be the goal) and give the young guys some post season experience, winning a few games along the way.

Right now though, the way I see it, things look like this:

Boston
Cleveland
.
.
.
Orlando
.
.
Detroit
Atlanta
.
Miami

We'll get there eventually, it's a very young, talented team and if we can get a capable big then the sky's the limit in the next couple years. Don't forget 2010 either, the Heat can potentially get another Superstar as well as resigning Wade. Till then, baby steps and enjoy winning some games this season.



nice post.

i would agree that orlando has the better team at this point, but i don't see that much of a disparity. the only big difference maker in my mind is d-howard.


totally agree with the rest. especially with your playoff outlook- its nice to look at the standings now and see a shot at 4th place, but it might not be realistic in may...

6th place would do us good, and maybe get us in the second round. you never know with this team maybe even 3rd round ;)
but that'd have to be a lucky one and we wouldnt go any further anyways.

so i agree ( said again.. ;) ) look for progress and enjoy a few wins along the way...
heat_LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:02 PM   #21
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,623
AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Wake up! Heat playing good so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonzo Magic
I've thought about this, and I must say, the Magic are better than us for the conceivable future, no matter how we use B-Easy. Simplistically speaking, their better than us in almost all aspects of the game - Better rebounding, more depth, multiple scorers, better defence, better shooters, better in the paint, more assists, more experience, better team chemistry and even, to this point a better Coach. (although I'm being a tad harsh on coach Spo, afterall it is his first year as HC) The only thing we have over them is the backcourt, and our Superstar>>> their Superstar. This is a very basic comparison, in which they have an overwhelming advantage over us.

I think it's safe to say that we are exceeding expectations right now, at the same time, it's important to know our limits. The focus should be to maintain our position, get into the playoffs (avoiding cavs + Celts, so 6th spot should be the goal) and give the young guys some post season experience, winning a few games along the way.

Right now though, the way I see it, things look like this:

Boston
Cleveland
.
.
.
Orlando
.
.
Detroit
Atlanta
.
Miami

We'll get there eventually, it's a very young, talented team and if we can get a capable big then the sky's the limit in the next couple years. Don't forget 2010 either, the Heat can potentially get another Superstar as well as resigning Wade. Till then, baby steps and enjoy winning some games this season.

Good post. Agreed. I think we match up well with Orlando apart from the fact we have no one to guard Dwight. Orlando's basicall 4 perimeter players and 1 C. They're a good 3-point shooting team and when they get hot, they're hard to stop. But Miami has good perimeter defenders in Chalmers, Marion and Wade. Hopefully we can stop them. Though Dwight's gonna dominate.
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:08 AM   #22
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star
 
Lord Leoshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bizzaro world
Posts: 1,325
Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Wake up! Heat playing good so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
Good post. Agreed. I think we match up well with Orlando apart from the fact we have no one to guard Dwight. Orlando's basicall 4 perimeter players and 1 C. They're a good 3-point shooting team and when they get hot, they're hard to stop. But Miami has good perimeter defenders in Chalmers, Marion and Wade. Hopefully we can stop them. Though Dwight's gonna dominate.


But thats were are problem is. we cant protect the rim. We'll get eaten up inside.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy