Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
nkjordan23
Great young streetballer

nkjordan23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Durant for Brad Miller?

I offered this to a guy in my league and then took it down. He came back and asked for it today. I am in need of a big guy, and it seems like a no brainer to take Miller with all the added value besides the extra rebounds. What do you guys think? This is my team before the trade...

Deron Williams
Calderon
Crawford
Duhon
Chalmers
Ginobili
Durant
Josh Smith
Lewis
Josh Howard
Ilgauskus
Perkins
Hawes
nkjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #2
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Durant for Brad Miller?

You don't need dimes. So I'd try and get a more traditional big. You should be able to get more for Bmill I would think. Try for a Biedrins or Kaman or TD type first, then maybe some 2 for 1's to get those guys.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Durant's value is a lot greater than Brad Millers so I wouldn't call it a no brainer. I'd say you should aim higher than that. If not an upper eschalon Center at least go for someone like maybe Bynum, Gasol, Kaman, etc.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
nkjordan23
Great young streetballer

nkjordan23 has an OK reputation so far

When I say no brainer, I mean Durant provides 2 cats tops in a H2H league. He provides pts and FT% and that is it. Nothing more. Last night is what I expected going into this season, but I fail to believe he will continue on that path. I've had the ooportunity to watch a few OKC games and he just doesnt fill the stat sheet.

Miller may not get me the 20 pts, but I can count on good all around stats with solid percentages. To me, this makes the trade a no brainer. I dont need the assists, you're right. But I do need the boards and FG%. Durant's high volume/low % really hurts me.

Maybe I am way off base here, i just dont see Durant being that 22, 5, and 5 guy we all thought he would be. Maybe I am jumping the gun too early though.
nkjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:44 PM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Even still, you can get way more then Brad Miller on the open market, so don't settle for Miller. Get the best deal you can.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:25 PM   #6
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkjordan23
When I say no brainer, I mean Durant provides 2 cats tops in a H2H league. He provides pts and FT% and that is it. Nothing more. Last night is what I expected going into this season, but I fail to believe he will continue on that path. I've had the ooportunity to watch a few OKC games and he just doesnt fill the stat sheet.

Miller may not get me the 20 pts, but I can count on good all around stats with solid percentages. To me, this makes the trade a no brainer. I dont need the assists, you're right. But I do need the boards and FG%. Durant's high volume/low % really hurts me.

Maybe I am way off base here, i just dont see Durant being that 22, 5, and 5 guy we all thought he would be. Maybe I am jumping the gun too early though.
Durants low % will improve. He shot 47.6fg% after the all-star break last year. Expect 45-46fg% this year.

His turnovers will stay high but he is a good source of steals/blocks with the occasional three.

I expect him to get at least 5 rebounds a game while his assists will probable be around 3.

So you have a 23/5/3 1 steal/1block/0.5-1.0 three/3.0tpg/45fg%/85ft% guy.

Brad Miller is a 13/9/4 1 steal/1 block/2.5tpg/46fg%/80-82ft%/ that also comes with the risk of getting traded before the deadline which might lower his value.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:25 PM   #7
kobebryant242424
I airball my layups

kobebryant242424 has an OK reputation so far

Durant is a BEAST this year on a terrible team and all I see is him improving as the year goes on. Don't trade him!
kobebryant242424 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: