Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-08-2006, 10:42 PM   #256
WhiteKidatTemple
Can barely lace up my sneakers

WhiteKidatTemple has an OK reputation so far
Default Can I get in a League???

I'm a good Live player looking for a competitive league. Let me know if I can still get in. Xbox Live name is FurburgerSmile0.
WhiteKidatTemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:45 PM   #257
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
how do u sign in? i click the Xbox360 sign-in link at the top and it never goes to the sign in screen.
I normally surf the web with safari, but I have to use firefox for that site. I know what you mean. I can't log in on safari.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:42 AM   #258
incxpinoy
Kids at the park dunk on me

incxpinoy has an OK reputation so far

can everyone please add their AIM screennames
incxpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:49 AM   #259
incxpinoy
Kids at the park dunk on me

incxpinoy has an OK reputation so far

90 points on 8 minute quarters?
incxpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:46 AM   #260
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

is that bad??? I would have scored more but i had my worst jumpshooting game ever. Im thinking about putting Bibby on the trading block after this one.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:22 AM   #261
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

I actually think 12 minutes gives the most realistic stats. I've been playing 12mins in my Association and the stats are on point. The substitutions works better with 12mins also. But I think 12mins is too long for an online game.
SCREWstonRockets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:03 PM   #262
frottage7
Can barely lace up my sneakers

frottage7 has an OK reputation so far
Default random games

can u play a random game against somebody in the league using the settings and the lineup u drafted. if so let me know.
frottage7
frottage7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:53 PM   #263
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Yeah if 2 players go in the league lobby, they can play random games with their lineups and legaue sliders...
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #264
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I would have scored more but i had my worst jumpshooting game ever

You shot 44 threes. How could you expect to have a good jump-shooting game? :confused:
Old 10-09-2006, 02:42 PM   #265
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
You shot 44 threes. How could you expect to have a good jump-shooting game? :confused:

check my stats online i usually make a lot. But the lag was crazy. Your defense sucks and the sliders are made to make the way you play easier. It turns players with average midrange games into great shooters. Im surprised i didnt score 150, i couldnt make anything at all(lag).

I actually took it easy on you because i felt no need to blow you out be 50, so i started shooting 3's just to get used to shooting with the players i picked. You defense sucks, and you decided to leave shooters open all game so i took open shots but the release was different because of lag. But im not complaining I still won by 20, i
Old 10-09-2006, 03:03 PM   #266
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
check my stats online i usually make a lot. But the lag was crazy.

It's not about making them or not. 44 threes is pretty ridiculous IMO...

Quote:
Your defense sucks

It's kinda hard to guard folks who just drive and dunk all day. Or throw full length passes off made baskets. I guess my D does suck against your type of play (60 of your 90-something pts in the paint lol)

Quote:
and the sliders are made to make the way you play easier.

The sliders are made to give realistic stats/percentages. I try to play realistically but I dunno that the sliders make it "easier"

Quote:
It turns players with average midrange games into great shooters.

The default for mid-range shots on superstar is 62. The sliders are set at 64...

Quote:
Im surprised i didnt score 150, i couldnt make anything at all(lag).

You didn't get it Kobe enough...

Quote:
I actually took it easy on you because i felt no need to blow you out be 50, so i started shooting 3's just to get used to shooting with the players i picked.

Gee thanks :)
Old 10-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #267
SoulMattic
I airball my layups

SoulMattic has an OK reputation so far

unfortunately since I had to be at a wedding, my team got auto-drafted.. plus I had the last pick which didn't help.. oh well

Here's my team..

starters:

steve nash
chris paul
wally szerbiack
antoine walker
troy murphy

bench:

rafer alston
bonzi wells
jamal crawford
kenyon martin
kurt thomas
patrick obrynt
adrian griffin

i've put chris paul on the trading block (although i'm interested to see how having 2 good pointgaurds turns out) but I need a good big man..

on the 2k boards i'm offering chris paul for rasheed, so phoenix.. let me know

or if anyone else wants paul for a big man.. holla at me
SoulMattic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:33 PM   #268
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

Check your trades
Old 10-09-2006, 04:38 PM   #269
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
It's not about making them or not. 44 threes is pretty ridiculous IMO...

It's kinda hard to guard folks who just drive and dunk all day. Or throw full length passes off made baskets. I guess my D does suck against your type of play (60 of your 90-something pts in the paint lol)

The sliders are made to give realistic stats/percentages. I try to play realistically but I dunno that the sliders make it "easier"

The default for mid-range shots on superstar is 62. The sliders are set at 64...

You didn't get it Kobe enough...

Gee thanks :)

the way you picked you teams and the defense you played called for me to go to the basket. You played 3-2 with soft big men in the middle who cannot deter any of my slashers. Why take it easy on you and shoot jumpers when i can go to the basket. Its not my fault you have Boris Diaw at 4 and Kristic at the 5. Who wouldnt go to the basket when you have no shot blockers at all.

As for the 3's I was frustruated and just trying to get a feel for the players I picked. I havent used Bibby that much and was trying get his and JRich's jumper going. I usually dont use Kobe and was trying to get a feel for his shot. The only teams i really play with so far are the Suns, Rockets and 76ers.

Kobe can be stopped but you didnt even try, no double not once all game. I thought you would have at least tried something but you refused. My objective was to get you to either go man, box and 1 or 2-3 or double him. You just stayed in 3-2 and i took advantage of it.

PS: get a better connection, that was the slowest game i ever played(Im on a T3)

Last edited by Younggrease : 10-09-2006 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:55 PM   #270
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Guys, keep in mind that there are 16 teams in the league and only 16 games in the season. If you don't see eye to eye, just remind yourself that you probably won't have to play each other again until the playoffs anyway, and maybe not even then. If you think the other player is a moron, let it be the rest of the league's problem, since you already got your game against them out of the way.

Also, please remember, that we aren't just competitors here... we're family. That's the kind of bond that exists between members of the ISH league.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: