Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-13-2006, 06:46 PM   #16
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
Why don't you start the league after you played the game? What if the game totally sucks, I don't have Xbox Live...I got a free 3 month one with the Xbox 360...I don't know if that's gold or nothing, I never play online....only with friends at home.

Have you ever played a 2K7 game? It's not gonna suck
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:52 PM   #17
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Why are you laughing, I love 2K series...only one that I ever buy, but this league is for the Xbox 360...and their games aren't that great so far...sure we can expect a beautiful game but I wouldn't be surprised if the gameplay blows...there hasn't been one sport game for Xbox 360 that got above 9 on their reviews on IGN or ********.

I'd love to 2K7 to get a 9.5...but I expect more of a 8.2 score!
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:57 PM   #18
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

We already have 8 people. Not bad!
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:00 PM   #19
SCdac
NBA sixth man of the year

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Man, I'd really really like to join, particularly for the Spurs team. But I don't own a Xbox360 (yet), and I do have a great internet connection, but I'm not sure how to hook it up to a game system (never played online before).
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:07 PM   #20
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Well, the whole "not having an xbox 360" thing is a problem, but if you get one, hooking it up to the internet is easy. It has an ethernet jack in it, just like any computer does. You just plug it into your router or modem.

I understand that this is an expensive way to have fun, and apologize to the guys who can't drop $500 for xbox + xbox live + nba 2k7. Maybe you can get one in time for Season 2, around the all star break.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:12 PM   #21
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

The developers just confirmed the admin can set sliders for online play.

I'd like to get in the league, however I will be in CA from the 7th to the 14th, so I dont know. If I do, I'd like to be the Blazers (abuC552).
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:18 PM   #22
adamcz
Bucks fan

abuC, that's no reason not to do the league. It sounds like you'll probably have to miss one game... I bet everybody will have to miss a game at some point over the next four-five months.

We'll have to figure out what to do about that. Maybe you can do the game ahead of schedule, or make it up behind schedule. I'm not sure how it works, but I know this is an issue that will concern everybody; not just you.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:05 PM   #23
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

I figure we should put a cap on players per round, even if we do end up with 16 people. Otherwise people end up with all-star teams, which seems kinda fun, but gets really boring after a couple games because things like defense don't factor in anymore.

Me and a couple friends did this back in 2k6 and it worked out pretty well

1st round - 94-99
2nd round - 90-93
3rd round - 84-89
4th round - 80-83
5th round and below - <79
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:05 PM   #24
Holdingthebenchdown
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Holdingthebenchdown has no real reputation yet.

Hey I'd like to join, just recently got an Xbox360. Ill soon be picking up the interent connectionthing, and then Ill post my xbox live name. I would like to sign up for the New Jersey Nets.
Thanks
Holdingthebenchdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:08 PM   #25
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
I figure we should put a cap on players per round, even if we do end up with 16 people. Otherwise people end up with all-star teams, which seems kinda fun, but gets really boring after a couple games because things like defense don't factor in anymore.

Me and a couple friends did this back in 2k6 and it worked out pretty well

1st round - 94-99
2nd round - 90-93
3rd round - 84-89
4th round - 80-83
5th round and below - <79
Konex suggested the same thing. This sounds like a bad idea to me, but I've never done a league before, and you guys have. Maybe we can circumvent the issue by just having 30 people in the league (or close to it).
Old 09-13-2006, 08:11 PM   #26
basketballer4
Sweaty ti.ts

basketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat cool

Holdingthebenchdown, you still owe me on that avatar bet, and I found one for you.
basketballer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:15 PM   #27
Holdingthebenchdown
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Holdingthebenchdown has no real reputation yet.

haha okay what is it. send me itll. Ill keep my word
Holdingthebenchdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:44 PM   #28
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Konex suggested the same thing. This sounds like a bad idea to me, but I've never done a league before, and you guys have. Maybe we can circumvent the issue by just having 30 people in the league (or close to it).

ITs a bad idea... I have played in many leagues and have had no problems. Its too restrictive.... and takes the fun out of it.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:47 PM   #29
basketballer4
Sweaty ti.ts

basketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdingthebenchdown
haha okay what is it. send me itll. Ill keep my word

Keep it until the 13th of December.
basketballer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:54 PM   #30
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

I'll join you guys in the second season. I gotta have time to get used to the game. I'm a really slow learner. and I haven't played any videogames in at least a month or so and haven't played a 2k series game in years.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: