Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-24-2006, 07:55 PM   #376
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Adamcz, I think it's time to start keeping the schedule strict and forfeiting games to weed out the deadbeats. I know the servers were down over the weekend but still...
Only one game was played. If it was just two or three people, I would sim past their games, but we're talking about the entire league. If the entire league's a problem in week 2, what will change in week 3?

The server has been troublesome, but it's supposed to be fixed now. I sent everybody a message to get their week 2 games in ASAP.

Younggrease, maybe one or both of you needs to delete your online settings file? That was the solution to a problem I once had, but I don't know if it will help you.

In general I'm pretty dissapointed with our league - it's not at all what I had hoped for. Nobody plays their games, nobody posts at our message board, nobody proposes trades. How can we inject some life into this thing? Hopefully this is just the week 2 curse, and we'll be able to pick up some momentum over the next couple days.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:15 PM   #377
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Youngrease, the servers were down over the weekend. It'll work now..
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:21 AM   #378
frottage7
Can barely lace up my sneakers

frottage7 has an OK reputation so far
Default week 2 game

jiggajay and i were playing our week two game. we got disconnected in the third quarter with a score of 63-59 spurs on top. i got the loss and he got the win, i dont think that should be how its done. what do we need to do just erase the standings and play over again or what. let me know.
frottage7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:25 PM   #379
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

I'll reset it for you guys...
Old 10-25-2006, 12:59 PM   #380
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Konex, thanks for resetting it for them. I want to know how to do that too in case you aren't around next time it happens, so let me know.

Glad to hear that games are being attempted!

I've still got Kirilenko and Curry on the trading block. Looking for a shooting/scoring SF and a quick C.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:32 AM   #381
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

me and frottage finished our week2 game
offered u a trade adamcz.. seems pretty even
definitely helps out ur "shooting/scoring SF" need
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:23 AM   #382
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
me and frottage finished our week2 game
Old 10-27-2006, 04:14 PM   #383
adamcz
Bucks fan

Ok guys, I couldn't find any option to simulate games. I had to choose a winner and loser for each matchup. Not an easy decision to make, because I think EVERYBODY SHOULD LOSE!!!!!!!

rizzzay vs toneloc103 - toneloc wins for having posted on the 2k message board.

wichmae vs zombles - neither have posted in this thread this week or at the 2k message board. Tough call, but zombles wins for being an ISH member.

djphan vs cloud2k - Both have been posting at the message board, but Konex is admin, so I gave him the win.

donutking420 vs younggrease42 - Neither have posted at 2k, both have posted in this thread. I don't know. I'm literally going to flip a coin. Ok I really flipped it, screwston wins.

Lakersbob vs stunnarhombeus - Bob has posted at 2k, so he gets the win.

SoulMattic vs DBlock - Soulmattic has posted here and at 2k.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are now in week 3

Guys don't make me do this again. I want a basketball league, not the babysitter's club. We have 5 days for week 3, and I won't count today, so that means Wednesday is the last day. Don't wait - message your opponent today. Message them right now! Tell your opponent when you're available and see if you can adjust to when they're available.

Post at the 2k message board.

Propose trades to try and make your team better.

I really don't want to cancel the league, but I will if we get another week like this one.

PS - Konex I got your message the other day - I'm not particlarly interested, but I'm happy to help you out if you're short a man.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:27 PM   #384
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Konex I got your message the other day - I'm not particlarly interested, but I'm happy to help you out if you're short a man.

Nah, we're totally SIM so we don't let in just anyone :p

PS: I sent you an invite via the 2ksite before I read this...
Old 10-27-2006, 04:31 PM   #385
adamcz
Bucks fan

Only reason I'm not thrilled to do it is because of the team it is. The league looks cool in general.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:33 PM   #386
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default ..

This league sounds like a failure. Hopefully Season 2 is better.

My advice? Get more established posters to play. Ones that visit the board every day.

Most of these dudes in the league I've never heard of.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:35 PM   #387
adamcz
Bucks fan

Carbine that's good advice, but not a lot of regulars were interested. Kwajo's xbox got stolen, and Geewiz can't figure out how to play. I didn't turn anybody away except for you, and that's only because the league was already full by the time you said you wanted in.

Are you still interested in joining? A have a good feeling I'll have to boot somebody if week 3 goes like this.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:36 PM   #388
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Konex, thanks for resetting it for them. I want to know how to do that too in case you aren't around next time it happens, so let me know.

Click the box score, scroll down and click "edit game result"

Also, I was going to go thru and adjust the Home/Away balance for all teams but I'm not going through that hassle if no one's playing. If week 3 goes smoothly, I'll do it...
Old 10-27-2006, 04:49 PM   #389
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Only reason I'm not thrilled to do it is because of the team it is. The league looks cool in general.

You hate the Pistons or something? It'd be a great chance to get to know everyone's styles and trends for seaosn 2. Think about it before I fill the spot :)

PS: The stats are going to be showing up on the websites next week
Old 10-27-2006, 05:24 PM   #390
LakersBob
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LakersBob has an OK reputation so far

konex. if he doesn't want the spot, i'll be happy to join. I do my best to play as SIM as possible. But i understand you are being picky about who is in and who is not. Cheers-

P.S.

when is a good time for you to get in our week 3 game ??
LakersBob is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: