Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-18-2008, 07:05 PM   #1
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

bballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat cool
Default Anyone sell on eBAY

do any of yall sell anything on eBAY. i am about to start selling old games and stuff i dont want in order to make a little extra cash. whats the most money you ever sold something for, have you ever made a profit, if so how much.

thanks for any advice.
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Anyone sell on eBAY

i'm selling on their right now. most i've sold is around $100 or so at once. they've made some changes since i last sold on there though, like honest shipping prices.

if u don't have a clue what to start your item off at, check for other like items and get a feel for asking price.

i'm not an ebay power seller in the least but if you need help, pm me and i will do my best to help.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:11 PM   #3
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

bballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i'm selling on their right now. most i've sold is around $100 or so at once. they've made some changes since i last sold on there though, like honest shipping prices.

if u don't have a clue what to start your item off at, check for other like items and get a feel for asking price.

i'm not an ebay power seller in the least but if you need help, pm me and i will do my best to help.
alright thanks. i will try and sell some video games for like 20 bucks, does that sound reasonable? i got a bunch of games i dont play anymore. what do you sell
Old 11-18-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My friend makes several thousand dollars each month selling his record collection on Ebay.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:23 PM   #5
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer
alright thanks. i will try and sell some video games for like 20 bucks, does that sound reasonable? i got a bunch of games i dont play anymore. what do you sell
Older games that aren't classics will not sell for more than $5. You won't get more than $0.99 for most games. Great place to buy.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:31 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its all about demand. Lots of people want to get rid of things, but they wont turn too much coin unless its a product people want. Like nexus said, you are likely looking at getting a buck for games if they are non popular games. 20 bucks is highly unlikely per game. It might be smart to bundle crap games with a good one if you want to unload all of them. But generally, games dont turn too much profit. Its possible to turn profit on ebay, i do but not at a big rate, as long as you sell something people want.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:32 PM   #7
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Its all about demand. Lots of people want to get rid of things, but they wont turn too much coin unless its a product people want. Like nexus said, you are likely looking at getting a buck for games if they are non popular games. 20 bucks is highly unlikely per game. It might be smart to bundle crap games with a good one if you want to unload all of them. But generally, games dont turn too much profit. Its possible to turn profit on ebay, i do but not at a big rate, as long as you sell something people want.
im sellin madden 09, ncaa football 09 stuff like that.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:37 PM   #8
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

there are also many stupid people on ebay so dont forget about that. my friend sold some random electric football game for 50 dollars. got it at a thrift store for 2.50
Old 11-18-2008, 07:39 PM   #9
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer
im sellin madden 09, ncaa football 09 stuff like that.

Do some research and see what the going rate for your games are on ebay. The best you can do is see whats selling and go with that. Check if game bundles are selling well. Also, buyers take into account your rep and how many items you have sold. If you have no reputation or selling reputation, then I would start off by selling the crappier games you dont want at cheap prices and get some good feedback. The better your rep, the better your chances are at selling your items and it will also improve how high the bids get
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:39 PM   #10
mmsupra
MDOTM

mmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I sold one of my Music machines for like 1400$ but it retailed for like 2200$.
mmsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:40 PM   #11
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll get in a faux bidding war for 10%
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:41 PM   #12
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Do some research and see what the going rate for your games are on ebay. The best you can do is see whats selling and go with that. Check if game bundles are selling well. Also, buyers take into account your rep and how many items you have sold. If you have no reputation or selling reputation, then I would start off by selling the crappier games you dont want at cheap prices and get some good feedback. The better your rep, the better your chances are at selling your items and it will also improve how high the bids get
like i said im just starting out. i got alot of my games for free, but im just trying to make more than i would get by trading them in at the store.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:06 PM   #13
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I sold Medal of Honor Airborne(ps3) for 30 bucks last week on Craigslist
It's $15 at Game Dude.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:07 PM   #14
mmsupra
MDOTM

mmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I'll get in a faux bidding war for 10%
+1
mmsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:07 PM   #15
Russian Rocket
Banned

Russian Rocket has an OK reputation so far

In Soviet Russia, ebay sells on you!