Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-27-2008, 12:39 AM   #16
baller1523
Can barely lace up my sneakers

baller1523 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Vince Carter?

I know vince would love to see come back and it would be perfect for us...give up bargs graham adams n couple of picks.mayb even kapono but i rather have him stay...they are in rebuilding mode.....i would have love to see rasho n delfino stay

PG Jose/ukic/solomon
SG AP/Delfino
SF Vince/Moon
PF Bosh/hump
C JO/Rasho

but just imagine

PG jose/delfino/ukic/solomon
SG vc/AP/delfino
SF bargs/moon/kapono
PF bosh/hump
C jo/rasho

Whats is contract like?...

PS.....do you think they will retire his jersey?
baller1523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:47 AM   #17
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller1523
I know vince would love to see come back and it would be perfect for us...give up bargs graham adams n couple of picks.mayb even kapono but i rather have him stay...they are in rebuilding mode.....i would have love to see rasho n delfino stay

PG Jose/ukic/solomon
SG AP/Delfino
SF Vince/Moon
PF Bosh/hump
C JO/Rasho

but just imagine

PG jose/delfino/ukic/solomon
SG vc/AP/delfino
SF bargs/moon/kapono
PF bosh/hump
C jo/rasho

Whats is contract like?...

PS.....do you think they will retire his jersey?

No way they could have had VC, Bosh AND JO on the same team. With Bosh and JO taking up 35 mil on the payroll, and with VC earning around 15 mil, that would bring that to a grand total of 50 mil...not lots to spend on a bench or Calderon for that matter...plus bargs is earnin 6 mil this season....
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:21 AM   #18
baller1523

yea u right forget bargs

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2987~2759~2010~136&teams=17~17 ~17~28&te=&cash=17:28
Old 11-27-2008, 10:15 AM   #19
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

How many players would we have? I want Sean Williams....
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:54 AM   #20
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

I don't see any way we could get Vince back. We have literally nothing to give the Nets in return, unless they wanted cap space for 2010. But I would be stoked if we did get him, because it would all but guarantee a playoff series victory. Who cares if he's a flake, it's not really his fault that our management traded him for nothing, now is it? I'll take ANY reasonably talented wing player at this point.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:52 AM   #21
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

YaoMing4MVP has an OK reputation so far

I think if Vince comes back, the theme for him would be "redemption." I think he would buy into that. However, this isn't fantasy basketball or EA Sports, this is reality. The truth is, there's no way he would comeback. If the NETS are desperate to get ride of him, they would want top young prospects, and I don't see that we have any to give. Our draft pick wouldn't be all the great either considering we're a playoff team.

If Babcock was the GM for the Nets, I could see it happening. ha ha ha.

Last edited by YaoMing4MVP : 11-27-2008 at 12:05 PM.
YaoMing4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:38 PM   #22
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMing4MVP
I think if Vince comes back, the theme for him would be "redemption." I think he would buy into that. However, this isn't fantasy basketball or EA Sports, this is reality. The truth is, there's no way he would comeback. If the NETS are desperate to get ride of him, they would want top young prospects, and I don't see that we have any to give. Our draft pick wouldn't be all the great either considering we're a playoff team.

If Babcock was the GM for the Nets, I could see it happening. ha ha ha.
Are we a playoff team? Losing to the Nets at home? Struggling to beat the ****ing Bobcats when Bosh shoots like 75% from the field? Getting smoked by every good team we've played? Going 0-3 on this upcoming Western swing (it will happen)?

The East has improved, and as long as JO is out, we've gotten worse than we were last year. Until we manage to beat an actual good team, I'm worried.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:42 PM   #23
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

He will ruin the chemistry and it will be pretty Awkward to put on the jersey again.. after 4 years fans are still booing
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:39 PM   #24
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
He will ruin the chemistry and it will be pretty Awkward to put on the jersey again.. after 4 years fans are still booing

W're still talking fantasy here. But let's entertain the idea of VC in TO again, after his first 30 pt game, fans will be cheering for him in no time. Fans are pretty rational, they forget pretty fast.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:40 PM   #25
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88

Vince Carter is NOT a selfish player...
i doubt he would ruin the chemisty, and its not like our chemisty is that GREAT..
plus as YAO said before me, fans change switch gears when they see wins
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #26
baller1523

I know for sure Vince does not want to be a Net anymore....Even tho they are heading in the right direction the team is still ways away from being a championship contenders.......on the other hand the raptors are just a couple key adjustments from being serious title contenders....i can help but stress theis enough but Vince is PERFECT for us, his scoring his pass his intensity is what we.....and i dont think Bosh would mind playin with him either the could both really open up the lane for eachother......Raptors Future (Bosh) playing along side Raptors past (Vince)....

Quote:
I think if Vince comes back, the theme for him would be "redemption." I think he would buy into that.

That would probably generate more ticket and merchanise sales.....but most importantly more WINS......

Quote:
W're still talking fantasy here. But let's entertain the idea of VC in TO again, after his first 30 pt game, fans will be cheering for him in no time. Fans are pretty rational, they forget pretty fast.

forget 30 pt game.....all he need to do is grab the mesh like he does before every game and fans will start taking there tops off

Just something for you to read:

VC vs Raptors

Apr/15/05 39 pts
Jan/6/06 42pts 10rebs
Apr/21/07 16pts 7rebs 3 ast
Apr/24/07 19pts 11rebs 5 ast
Apr/27/07 37pts 2rebs 5ast
Apr/29/07 27pts 7rebs 7ast
May/1/07 30pts 5rebs 2ast
May/4/07 21pts 5rebs 2ast
Apr/5/08 32pts
Nov/21/08 39pts 9rebs 6ast
From what i can remeber Vince only had one bad game against the Raps, when we killed them 106 - 69 Vince had 7pts

Toronto is still Vince's court whenever he comes to town he kills us
Old 12-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #27
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller1523

Toronto is still Vince's court whenever he comes to town he kills us

let me just echoe that thought a bit more.

Vince Carter is a great player. Before anyone screams at me or slams me, be objective, VC is a great player. Anyone who's on team USA as well as consistently gets vonted to the All-Star is a great player, I don't care if you hate him or not.

There is this one trait that all great players have, and that is the ability to feed off the crowd, whether the crowd boooos or cheers, it gives these players energy. MJ is the same way, KB, King James, KG, Reggie Miller, you name it. The more the crowd gets on their cases, whether positive or negative, the better they perform.

Now, I totally agree with hating VC. This entire boooing VC whenever he comes to TO was cute at first, but it's getting old, and if you are a Raptors' fan, stop booing him, because all you're doing is firing him up, giving him a reason to play harder and prove that he made the right decision in leaving.

From my records, he's probably had 2-3 bad games in TO in his time with the NETS. The rest of the games, he's been killing us. He killed us in the playoffs and he sure gave us a whooping 2 weeks ago.

STOP BOOOING HIM you guys, it's not helping.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:20 PM   #28
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Vince Carter isn't on team USA

But I don't think anyone would disagree and say he isn't a great player. As for booing, I've never been to a Raptors game and I don't know if I ever will, so I can't contribute to that part of the conversation.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #29
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Vince Carter isn't on team USA

But I don't think anyone would disagree and say he isn't a great player. As for booing, I've never been to a Raptors game and I don't know if I ever will, so I can't contribute to that part of the conversation.

he was on team USA, couple years ago when he dunk over a frenchie
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:22 PM   #30
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Trax416 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
he was on team USA, couple years ago when he dunk over a frenchie

That was 7 years ago.
Trax416 is offline   Reply With Quote