Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-20-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
bluerap
Local High School Star

Default A couple new trade scenarios

Toronto Gets
Mike Miller
Ryan Gomes

Minnesota Gets
Andrea Bargnani
Kris Humphries
Anthony Parker or Jason kapono

I am still unsure about giving up on Bargs. The main reason is that JO is going to be close to over the hill in 2 years when his contract is up. Bargs will be in his prime and IF he can get over the inconsistency hump, we will all be kicking ourselves. BUT this would make us a REALLY good team right now. Note this trade would have to wait till December 15 because of Gomes' contract.

Option 2
Toronto Gets
Larry Hughes

Chicago Gets
Anthony Parker
Jason Kapono

THis is a bigger gamble, but may be worth the risk. Larry can also play backup PG if needed.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Default Re: A couple new trade scenarios

Mike Miller would be AMAZING! and Ryan Gomez is very underated ..... but Bargnani has these flashes of greatness ever so often like last night in Miami if Bargnani can do that on a consistant than he can be great, he may not be quick enough for the small forward on defence but being 7ft helps out when closing out on shots and everything ..... but for larry hughes i would trade him for jason straight up ..... he is pretty good player great defence but horrible and i mean HORRIBLE shooter .....
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Toronto Gets
Mike Miller
Ryan Gomes

Minnesota Gets
Andrea Bargnani
Kris Humphries
Anthony Parker or Jason kapono

Hell yes except one thing. The Raptors can't give up BOTH Bargnani and Humphries. One must stay or at least a guy like Craig Smith has to be coming back. Instead of Humphries, I'd give them a 1st round pick (probably better for Minnesota anyways) and maybe even let Minnesota keep Gomes.

Quote:
Option 2
Toronto Gets
Larry Hughes

Chicago Gets
Anthony Parker
Jason Kapono
Hell no. As much as I'd want to dump Kapono's contract, Larry Hughes sucks. He really really REALLY sucks. Not only does he suck but he is a constant injury risk as well. I wouldn't want him for free.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:54 PM   #4
SESSEL15
High School Starter

Bargnani, how hard is this kid making it for everyone to make a decision about him. One game I want to trade him for a 2nd round pick and the next I want him to get a no-trade clause.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #5
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

I cant see Minny taking Bargs for Miller. They have Kevin Love as their PF of the future. Any trade for Miller would have to start with Kapono, ?????, and Draft Picks. Not sure We could give Minny the best return for Miller.

Id be turning our sights to Houston, Shane Battier will be returning from injury soon and will likely be sharing mins with Artest. Im thinking Kapono would fit in great in Houston. Battier would be perfect fit for us.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
Jballer
Local High School Star

Bobcats cut two today is the big rumor.

Ray Felton and Gwall out for 6 players back?

I wonder if TO is involved because of the GWall notion.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #7
SESSEL15
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
Battier would be perfect fit for us.

I still think the Raptors need someone who can create off the dribble, It would obviously be a huge defensive improvement though.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
I still think the Raptors need someone who can create off the dribble, It would obviously be a huge defensive improvement though.
Exactly. Battier is just Anthony Parker minus 3 years of age. A good player and definitely would start at SF but he is still one of those players that is nailed to a spot behind the 3pt line and has very little ball handling ability.

Although if the Raptors can somehow steal him straight up for Kapono (yea right) then you obviously do it.

The clock is ticking on this great Bosh/O'Neal frontcourt. I hope Colangelo doesn't waste it.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:56 PM   #9
bonez26
Local High School Star

I much rather prefer Harrington/Wallace or maybe even a Turkoglu if we were able to pry him. I'm sure though you could offer a

Kapono, Graham, Solomon & Humps

for Harrington, M. Williams (not had any playing time) and Turiaf...or something like that would solve our problem.

Calderon/ Williams/ Ukic
Parker/ Adams
Harrington/Moon
Bosh/Bargs
JO/ Turiaf

I think that team give us enough wing scoring and depth to contend on a nightly basis.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:55 PM   #10
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
I much rather prefer Harrington/Wallace or maybe even a Turkoglu if we were able to pry him. I'm sure though you could offer a

No Turks please!!! don't need another slow european defender at SF!!! prefer Wallace over Harrington

Nobody likes my idea of getting TYRONNE LUE from bucks as a quick cure for the backup PG problem??? he's play zero minutes (behind sessions and ridnour) maybe we can get him for the cost of a rack of bball (slight exaggeration)
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:08 PM   #11
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I just think the backup PG is a minor problem in comparison to the issues on the wings.

I'll settle for 10-12 minutes of crappy PG play sometimes (Solomon and Ukic aren't going to suck EVERY game) if the Raptors can grab a very good SG/SF.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #12
bonez26
Local High School Star

Quote:
No Turks please!!! don't need another slow european defender at SF!!

He can't be any slower or worse than Kapono. He's much better offensively can handle the rock and create his own shot. Potentially a 18ppg 5 apg 5 rpg a game guy. You still have moon if you need defence in the lineup.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:15 PM   #13
bonez26
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I just think the backup PG is a minor problem in comparison to the issues on the wings.

I'll settle for 10-12 minutes of crappy PG play sometimes (Solomon and Ukic aren't going to suck EVERY game) if the Raptors can grab a very good SG/SF.

True but he can't have games like he did yesterday. Almost single handedly lost us a 17 pt lead by himself. You are right I hope he gets his act together and starts leaving the refs alone after they call a foul on him.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:18 PM   #14
b4ball
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
He can't be any slower or worse than Kapono. He's much better offensively can handle the rock and create his own shot. Potentially a 18ppg 5 apg 5 rpg a game guy. You still have moon if you need defence in the lineup.

Why does anybody think Moon can play defense?
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #15
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
Why does anybody think Moon can play defense?
I think we mean relatively to Kapono, Bargnani and Graham at the SF spot. Not overall.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: