Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-11-2006, 01:47 PM   #16
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
I have found the web site where it says "JO for 1st rounder package" but i can't find the site. Where is it?

It hasn't been said what else is to be included. Assuming Cvill may not be that far off. Indy is in the championship mindset so selling the farm without getting proven talent back won't happen.

The idea of giving up our #1 for the #17 and next year's #1 for Indy is horrible. I don't care if Harrison is involved. Indy makes the playoffs every year, so basically we are giving up the #1 pick for two late first rounders and Harrison. I think that is the worst rumour thus far.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:55 PM   #17
Danny
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
Danny are you retarded?

ha ha .. well if you really call sumone who spends 4-5 hrs each day reading raptors content then yeah.. i cud be a retard
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:01 PM   #18
Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
I have found the web site where it says "JO for 1st rounder package" but i can't find the site. Where is it?

"Blowing up the Pacers?
The hottest rumor to break out of the draft camp in Orlando, Fla., had Indiana looking to break up the ship.
The Pacers reportedly have talked to Toronto about trading Jermaine O’Neal to the Raptors for some sort of package that would include the No. 1 pick. The Pacers, clearly looking to make a fresh start, would then take Morrison."

http://celtics.bostonherald.com/celt...format=&page=2
Old 06-11-2006, 04:01 PM   #19
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

Jermaine O'Neal is too expensive. He is also a tad bit of a liability with the injury problems.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:19 PM   #20
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Danny the reason I ask is because of the trades you proposed.

Absolutely nobody wants alvin or eric. And JO > or = the #1 pick. So indiana would have nooooooo reason to make that trade. Hurts them.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #21
Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
Danny the reason I ask is because of the trades you proposed.

Absolutely nobody wants alvin or eric. And JO > or = the #1 pick. So indiana would have nooooooo reason to make that trade. Hurts them.

If u look at JO's contract.. you wud see that hez owed 80 million over 4 years
Eric william's contract has one year left.
Also there is a condition in Alvins contract that if he gets traded and fails the physical.. the team has the option to pay him some money (I dont exactly know what the amount is) and get rid of him..
So if you look at the whole situation.. it favours indiana as toronto would have to pay JO 80 million over 4 years which would leave us with NO cap room..

That is why i said I would not do this trade personally and these are the reasons Indiana wants to get rid of him so that they can get a fresh start with the # 1 pick and get some cap space.. Also Jamal tinsely is on the block too as his contract is horrible just like ONeal's..
Old 06-11-2006, 10:33 PM   #22
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
ha ha .. well if you really call sumone who spends 4-5 hrs each day reading raptors content then yeah.. i cud be a retard
Danny when youre this cool ,it doesnt matter if youre a tard.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:03 PM   #23
power works
High School JV MVP

Lightbulb

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/14795873.htm

Quote:
That's why they're said to be one of the teams talking with Toronto about a trade for the No. 1 pick. Although is has been rumored that Toronto will pick Italian 7-footer Andrea Bargnani, I don't believe that. It's clear Chris Bosh, the Raptors' star forward, doesn't want that, and priority No. 1 is extending Bosh's contract. Plus, as a first-year general manager, Bryan Colangelo probably doesn't want to take such a risk with the No 1 pick in a draft with personnel experts saying any one of six players could justify a top pick.

One of the rumors from Toronto has been that the Raptors would add a veteran inside player to ease the burden on Bosh and try to be a playoff team immediately. Memphis' Pau Gasol has been mentioned, and one could make a case for the Grizzlies trying to get younger and save some money with an ownership change apparently imminent. The other rumor is a deal for the Pacers' O'Neal, who could be the kind of low-post presence to ease the strain on Bosh.

Bosh is said to be pushing for Texas forward LaMarcus Aldridge as the No. 1 pick. They're even working out together now. But it would be hard for the Raptors to say no to O'Neal, a perennial All-Star.

The talk is the Pacers would throw in their No. 17 pick, which would give the Raptors a shot at a point guard and a team ready to compete next season with the Pacers getting back forward Charlie Villanueva, whom Colangelo is said to be willing to deal.

One rumor is the Pacers would take Gonzaga guard/forward Adam Morrison No. 1 if they made the deal. But it seems more likely they'd try to re-sign Peja Stojakovic and draft a big man, probably Aldridge, to pair with Villanueva, and then move Stephen Jackson and Jamaal Tinsley and be back in contention sooner than many would expect.

power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:45 PM   #24
Unregistered

i think a 3 way trade with JO and the number one pick will be in the mix
Old 06-11-2006, 11:51 PM   #25
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Reading that article it seems as though the Pacer's would really benefit. Maybe not next year but in 2-3 years that could be a crazy team. Not to mention they'd save a lot of money so they'd be able to add pieces to the mix.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:04 AM   #26
bk15
I hit open layups

i wouldnt trade charlie V...he has too much potential...i would like to have jamal tinsley too and may be jay williams or macus banks banks back him up
bk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #27
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

Default ..

Think about it ...If o'neal comes to toronto wouldnt that mean that Bosh will have to b the scottie pippen apposed to the michael jordan of the team ..who says J oneal is willing to play 2nd fiddle to bosh ..thats kind of a slap in the face to bosh if we get o'neal .
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:40 PM   #28
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23jordan23
Think about it ...If o'neal comes to toronto wouldnt that mean that Bosh will have to b the scottie pippen apposed to the michael jordan of the team ..who says J oneal is willing to play 2nd fiddle to bosh ..thats kind of a slap in the face to bosh if we get o'neal .

Getting JO is a bad idea for many reasons previously mentioned, money, injury etc. However, there is no reason that the raps should worry at all about Bosh's ego! It's not like he has led the raps to multiple playoff appearances. So, if we can get another all star, you have to do it. Who cares who is the MJ or who is the Pippen....6 titles is all that matters.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:48 PM   #29
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

O'Neal is a fantastic player, but he makes too much dough. And is too injury prove. If we are going to go after an all star player it should be a swingman.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:07 AM   #30
T-Low
College superstar

It's not official but it is better than nothing. JO is not coming to Toronto because Toronto will try to keep the pick OR trade down 2 to 3 spots only.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: