Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far
Default Okur for Nate Robinson?

I was just offered Nate for my Okur. Thoughts?

PG Steve Nash (Pho - PG)
SG Michael Redd (Mil - SG,SF) INJ
G Rajon Rondo (Bos - PG)
SF Marvin Williams (Atl - SF,PF)
PF Dirk Nowitzki (Dal - PF)
F Marcus Camby (LAC - PF,C)
C Shaquille O'Neal (Pho - C)
Util Spencer Hawes (Sac - C)
BN Rudy Fernandez (Por - PG,SG)
BN LaMarcus Aldridge (Por - PF,C)
BN Gerald Wallace (Cha - SF,PF)
BN Mehmet Okur (Uta - PF,C)
BN Brook Lopez (NJ - PF,C)
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #2
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board
Default Re: Okur for Nate Robinson?

That is an awful trade offer
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:04 PM   #3
Cards1978
Decent playground baller

Cards1978 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
That is an awful trade offer

that deal sucks reject it.
Cards1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #4
Orealius
Great young streetballer

OK. Reasons why I considered this. I'm desperate for a SG at the moment. I'm weak at steals and assists. Nate's line looks very nice.

14 pts
4 rebs
4 ass
2 3s
2 stls

You guys don't see him keeping that up?

How about Okur for Deng? Is Hawes for Nate fair?

Last edited by Orealius : 11-20-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

People have a hard time coming to grips with a waiver guy being legit. Nate is D'Antoni's Barbosa in New York.

In theory, you wouldn't deal Okur for Barbosa (if you get my comparison). But Okur has been terrible and it fits. Maybe add another pair to 'balance' it out, but really it just makes you win more.

Do you need Hawes blks? You don't start many and have a deep bench...so maybe those blks are key?

Personally, given your needs, I'd rather have Nate then Deng.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:03 PM   #6
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
People have a hard time coming to grips with a waiver guy being legit. Nate is D'Antoni's Barbosa in New York.

In theory, you wouldn't deal Okur for Barbosa (if you get my comparison). But Okur has been terrible and it fits. Maybe add another pair to 'balance' it out, but really it just makes you win more.

Do you need Hawes blks? You don't start many and have a deep bench...so maybe those blks are key?

Personally, given your needs, I'd rather have Nate then Deng.

I countered with Okur/Redd for Nate/Kevin Martin.

Nate fits my needs alot better than Okur. Okur doesnt give me anything i'm not already good in which makes him totally expendable. I'd rather have a SG (desperate need) that helps alot with 3's, steals and assists (more needs) than a PF/C that gives me a few more boards a game. In fact, based on statistical needs, Hawes (blocks) is more important to my team than Okur is. OK, I think I talked myself into doing it even straight up if my counter is rejected. Going by name alone it seems totally awful but when I break it down and see what each brings to my team, it's quite an easy choice. Hopefully Nate keeps it up. Thanks for the input.

Last edited by Orealius : 11-20-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #7
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

I wasn't hinting that Nate Robinson isn't good value or that he won't keep producing. He was one of my "sleepers" this season when I was drafting, but I would never trade a guy like Okur for him based on value. I had Okur last season in one league and he started off struggling then too, but then picked it up and eventually helped me win that league.

I do like the Barbosa comparison in Dantoni's system, but right now it just seems too early to give up on a reliable guy like Okur
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:26 PM   #8
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
I wasn't hinting that Nate Robinson isn't good value or that he won't keep producing. He was one of my "sleepers" this season when I was drafting, but I would never trade a guy like Okur for him based on value. I had Okur last season in one league and he started off struggling then too, but then picked it up and eventually helped me win that league.

I do like the Barbosa comparison in Dantoni's system, but right now it just seems too early to give up on a reliable guy like Okur

Based on my team needs, does it make sense for me to do it?

I've only got 2 SGs on my roster and i've got plenty of PF/C's. My league only has 1 C spot and 1 UTIL spot so it's hard for me to decide who to play up front when they're all playing. Dirk, Camby, Aldridge, Hawes, Shaq, Okur, Lopez, GWall and Marvin all fighting for 5 spots. Trading 1 for a SG makes alot of sense, in so many ways. I don't doubt Okur and by years end he will be putting up about 17/7 with a 3 and good %'s but I need Nate's steals/assists alot more I think.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:26 PM   #9
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orealius
I countered with Okur/Redd for Nate/Kevin Martin.

Nate fits my needs alot better than Okur. Okur doesnt give me anything i'm not already good in which makes him totally expendable. I'd rather have a SG (desperate need) that helps alot with 3's, steals and assists (more needs) than a PF/C that gives me a few more boards a game. In fact, based on statistical needs, Hawes (blocks) is more important to my team than Okur is. OK, I think I talked myself into doing it even straight up if my counter is rejected. Going by name alone it seems totally awful but when I break it down and see what each brings to my team, it's quite an easy choice. Hopefully Nate keeps it up. Thanks for the input.

I'd still try some 2 for 2's. There is always a balance b/w stats that help you and overall rank and overall value (rank and value are different). If you were to re draft, Okur would still be taken before Nate 100% of the time. So, that means you might be able to squeeze more out of the Nate owner.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:32 PM   #10
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I'd still try some 2 for 2's. There is always a balance b/w stats that help you and overall rank and overall value (rank and value are different). If you were to re draft, Okur would still be taken before Nate 100% of the time. So, that means you might be able to squeeze more out of the Nate owner.

So true. Never thought of it that way. Thanks. Got any ideas of what I could offer? Peep the rosters.

My team

PG Steve Nash (Pho - PG)
SG Michael Redd (Mil - SG,SF) INJ
G Rajon Rondo (Bos - PG)
SF Gerald Wallace (Cha - SF,PF)
PF Dirk Nowitzki (Dal - PF)
F LaMarcus Aldridge (Por - PF,C)
C Marcus Camby (LAC - PF,C)
Util Mehmet Okur (Uta - PF,C)
BN Rudy Fernandez (Por - PG,SG)
BN Shaquille O'Neal (Pho - C)
BN Marvin Williams (Atl - SF,PF)