Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 09-13-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

PFunk has no real reputation yet.
Default What to do with Wallace?

After this season Gerald Wallace is a free agent. Do the Bobcat's resign him when they just drafted Adam Morrison and both are natural small forwards? I like what he brings to Charlotte with his athleticism, defense, and rebounding, but will there be enough minutes to go around? Morrison will get time at the small forward spot..Felton will play the shoot guard sometimes when he and Knight are in the game together..

...it would be fun to see them play smallball with Okafor, Wallace, Morrison, Felton, and Knight on the floor...
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:04 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I hope they resign him but if they don't then I hope they do a S&T and get a solid Center
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

I would love for him to be re signed but I just don't see it happening. I think that he will go elsewhere.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:46 PM   #4
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Talking

There is no one who can do for the Cats what GW does. I think that it would be short-sighted to let go of him; leave it up to Wallace to decide where he wants to play. By looking at how many free agents kicked themselves in the behind by wanting what they want rather than what the market would bear (perhaps Ely................), GW and others will hopefully be more realistic about what their future options may be.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:43 PM   #5
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
There is no one who can do for the Cats what GW does. I think that it would be short-sighted to let go of him; leave it up to Wallace to decide where he wants to play. By looking at how many free agents kicked themselves in the behind by wanting what they want rather than what the market would bear (perhaps Ely................), GW and others will hopefully be more realistic about what their future options may be.

GW will be alot more sought after than guys like Ely.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:11 PM   #6
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Good point. I just hope that if we lose him next year, it's not to free agency. If we can't keep him I want a S&T for him.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:10 AM   #7
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Good point. I just hope that if we lose him next year, it's not to free agency. If we can't keep him I want a S&T for him.

I think that he will become a free agent.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:33 AM   #8
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

well yeah the question is whether he will resign with the cats. and i think no.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:02 AM   #9
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

obonpaxis has decent reputation

Like Kirilenko, GW does a little bit of everything on both ends of the court, but only for about 55 games per season. If he were more resilient, then I'd throw a big contract at him. He's useless on the bench.
obonpaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:42 AM   #10
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

they gotta resign him...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:27 AM   #11
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

I'd keep him, I've said my reasons 100 times over.

This kid is a future all star, you'd be wise to resign him.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 03:37 PM   #12
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Re-sign him, if Morrison is the player we expect him to be than he and Morrison compliment each other beautifully. Wallace provides the energy and defense while Morrison uses his dead-eye to be a scorer from the perimeter. Nowadays both swing positions pretty much do the same thing, and as long as Wallace can guard 2s then I se them having no problem coexisting.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: