Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 11-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Default Prospect Stock Thread

This should be stickied

In this thread we can discuss the draft stocks of various prospects on a weekly or game by game bases. This may work better than the individual player threads that only get a handful of responses.
Stock Up:Robert Dozier F Memphis
A long prospect who has added size to his frame, and skill to his game. Dasher projects him as Clifford Robinson Jr.*

Stock Down:Tyreke Evans. He attempts to play the game like DWade, but lacks the midrange J and body control to pull it off. He needs more seasoning at the collegiate level before he makes the jump.*

*All stocks are subject to fluxuation.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:36 PM   #2
tbp82
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Prospect Stock Thread

Stock up: Blake Griffin. Far and away the best prospect averaging nearly 20pts and 20bds a game. Freak athlete. Could become the consensus #1 pick if he continues to play this well. As of right now a top 3 lock.

Stock up:Stephen Curry-Has been getting his shot off against everyone. Scoring at a tremendous pace. Questions still remain about his size but he might sneak into the lottery. As of right now mid-first round lock.

Stock up:Greg Monroe-looked great in his first game for Georgetown. The potential is there and the NBA loves potential. As of right now looking like a lottery pick could move into the #1 overall conversation.

Stock up:Chase Budinger-basically looked like he improved out there. As of right now mid-first round lock

Stock Down:BJ Mullens-7pts and 3bds in his first game for Ohio State plus wasn't able to earn the starting spot over Dallas Lauderdale (which had been rumoured that Lauderdale has been wearing the freshman out in practice). Probably stays a lottery pick because of size and potential but could be out of the #1 overall conversation with Griffin and Rubio. As of right now top 10 lock.
tbp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #3
Dasher

I wanted to give Chase a boost, but after exploding early in the UAB game he dissapeared for stretches. I would like to see him dominate. He has to, Arizona is not very talented this year.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:59 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

I'm hopeful Dionte Christmas' stock is up. Through first 4 games...

23.7 ppg
8.7 rpg
3.3 apg
1.7 spg
48.4 fg%
41.1 3fg%

As for the others...

Stock Down: Lester Hudson, Tennessee-Martin. Minutes, points, rebounds, and shooting percentages are all way down.

Stock Up: Patrick Mills, St. Mary's. Besides the great showing in the summer Olympics, he's started the year averaging 21 points, 6.5 assists, 5 steals, and shooting 43% from 3.

Stock Down: Josh Shipp, UCLA. Being a 5th year senior eliminates any analysts labeling you with the "potential" tag. Hasn't been able to knock down the three and can't find his scoring touch, even after losing 3 starters from last year.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:10 AM   #5
monthh
Local High School Star

I think all of UCLA's stock is down right now, and all of Wake's stock is up.

Tyreke Evans stock is up to me, but I wasn't that high on him coming into the season. 16/5/3 in 24 minutes is pretty good. He just needs to stop turning the ball over and start hitting 3's.

Hasheem Thabeet's stock has to be up, only because it was hard to place him coming into the season. He seems like a likely top 10 pick at this point.

After getting some hype as a potential top 20 pick, Jerome Jordan has really been disapointing getting just 8pts and 6reb.

Stock up:
Curtis Jerrells
Deon Thompson
Jonny Flynn
Josh Heytvelt
Gani Lawal

I have a hard time with the stock down thing, only because I look at it is a long season, but:
AJ Ogilvy
Russell Hicks
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:28 AM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Am I the only one who sees Robbie Hummel as the second coming of Mike Dunleavy Jr?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:23 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Stock up: Wesley Mathews, Senior, Marquette

Anybody else notice this guy has started off the year great? 27 pts, 8 assists, 5 rebs, 5 steals in his first game. 26 pts, 9 rebs, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks in his 2nd game. 6'5", 215 lbs.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:25 AM   #8
monthh
Local High School Star

I checked up on Marquette to see how McNeal and James did their first game, but ESPN hadn't posted the stats yet. I guess I was checking up on the wrong guys. Where did he come from? It will be interesting to see if he can keep anything close to that up.

And I may have answered my own question by looking at his numbers today: 25pts, 7reb, 2ast, 1stl, 1blk.

And just looking at the stats, Lazar Hayward must being doing much better this year as well. Of course he would have a hard time moving to SF in the NBA, but he might be worth a look in the NBDL down the line.

And Marquette might have a tough team this year. Experienced with great guard play, but maybe not enough size inside to compete against the top teams. I never really pick them to do much, but this team may be different.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:02 PM   #9
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

I'm really starting to like Nick Calathes. 6'6 point guard who is an incredible playmaker.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:39 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
I'm really starting to like Nick Calathes. 6'6 point guard who is an incredible playmaker.
I'm assuming you watched the Syracuse game too? Calathes has some Kirk Hinrich to him, except he's 6'6"! Gotta love tall pg's.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:02 PM   #11
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Stock up: Wesley Mathews, Senior, Marquette

Anybody else notice this guy has started off the year great? 27 pts, 8 assists, 5 rebs, 5 steals in his first game. 26 pts, 9 rebs, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks in his 2nd game. 6'5", 215 lbs.
The next game vs. Milwaukee

25 pts
8-16 fg
7 rebounds
2 assists
1 steal
1 block
1 turnover
Old 11-25-2008, 12:10 PM   #12
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Stock Down: Alonzo Gee, Guard, Alabama

The senior has really fallen off. 14ppg last year to 6ppg this year? Watched the Alabama/Oregon game last night (Alabama completely came apart in the 2nd half) and Gee just couldn't put it in the bucket. Shooting just 20% this year.( ) A guy known for getting in the passing lanes but even the steals are scarce this young season. Wasn't impressed with Ronald Steele either who tested the waters last year.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:35 PM   #13
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Got one question....Harangody or Hansbrough?
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:31 PM   #14
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
Got one question....Harangody or Hansbrough?
I don't like either of them really because of their height. Harongody's listed at 6'8" but was listed 6'7" coming out of high school. Hansbrough is listed 6'9" but was listed 6'8 coming out of high school.

A lot of times I don't pay attention to height if the guy has a big wingspan, standing reach, vertical, etc...but just by looking at them (no I don't have a measuring tape) I would say they'll score pretty low in those areas.

If you put a bullet to my head, I go Harangody as far as a pro career. Hansbrough would most likely be the better offensive player, Harongody the better rebounder. Lots of guys can score. Harangody might be able to find a niche with a team for his intangibles.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:56 PM   #15
Dasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Wasn't impressed with Ronald Steele either who tested the waters last year.
Ronald Steele shouldn't really be evaluated until the middle of the season. He has not played ball in a couple of years. He came off a really devasting knee-injury. Ron is still getting back into game shape. His J is still there, and his game will get better.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: