Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 11-25-2008, 05:03 PM   #16
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Default Re: Prospect Stock Thread

Now that JaMont and Charles are gone, I won't be rooting for MSU much but I hope Jarvis Varnado has a great year. He's going to have to step it up on the offensive end, but his shot blocking skills are legit.

My new fave = AJ Abrams
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:05 PM   #17
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
Now that JaMont and Charles are gone, I won't be rooting for MSU much but I hope Jarvis Varnado has a great year. He's going to have to step it up on the offensive end, but his shot blocking skills are legit.

My new fave = AJ Abrams
you watchin the Texas/ND game tonight on ESPN?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:12 PM   #18
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
you watchin the Texas/ND game tonight on ESPN?
Damn right....I'll be flipping back and forth from the Texas game and the Knicks/Cavs game. I can watch Abrams shoot all day.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:07 PM   #19
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Stock down: AJ Abrams, senior guard, Texas

Listed at only 5'11", 155 lbs, the odds were already against him. But coming into the season he had to prove that he could play pg with DJ Augustin now gone. He's completely struggled in that role and has now lost it to Justin Mason and moved back to the sg spot. It's not everyday that you see a guy 155 lbs get chosen to play shooting guard in the NBA.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:42 PM   #20
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Quote:
Stock down: AJ Abrams, senior guard, Texas

Listed at only 5'11", 155 lbs, the odds were already against him. But coming into the season he had to prove that he could play pg with DJ Augustin now gone. He's completely struggled in that role and has now lost it to Justin Mason and moved back to the sg spot. It's not everyday that you see a guy 155 lbs get chosen to play shooting guard in the NBA.
You bastard!!! j/k

I don't know why I always find myself rooting for a player who will most likely not get drafted. When he's on, He's ON! He has a terrible shot selection though and would struggle getting his shot off over taller, stronger defenders in the league. He could possibly find a spot or could be the next Salim Stoudemire. I think you will see his stock rise again come March.

Last edited by Mr_Basketball#1 : 11-26-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:45 PM   #21
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
You bastard!!! j/k

I don't know why I always find myself rooting for a player who will most likely not get drafted. When he's on, He's ON! He has a terrible shot selection though and would struggle getting his shot off over taller, stronger defenders in the league. He could possibly find a spot or could be the next Salim Stoudemire. I think you will see his stock rise again come March.
Where's Stoudemire at again?

He can catch fire but damn, 155 lbs? I wish he could at least learn to play the point while at Texas. If he does he has a chance of being a 2nd rounder. If not, then he won't get drafted. This year's Chris Lofton.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:39 PM   #22
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

I'd say Flynn's stock went up. 21.0 ppg 1.8rpg 4.8 apg.

He hit the game tying shot to send the game into overtime in O'Reilly auto parts cbe classic. They ended up getting the win, defeating #23 Kansas and previous to that game they beat #10 Florida.

He is a good jump shooter with a quick crossover. He is not the smartest point guard around but he makes up for it with athleticism.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:34 PM   #23
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Stock Up: Cameron Tatum, G-F Tenesse. [#23]

Had a big nationaly televised game against Georgetown.

Min:16 FG:6-8 Pts: 17 / Hit 5 of 6 Three pointers.

Still not even in the top 50 college basketball players but if you come up big in a big game your stock definitley goes up.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #24
Grinder

Stock up: Tyler Hansbrough (UNC)

He's added the mid range J and even the college three to his game, and this should at least get him drafted in the 10-20 range. He could be the next Carlos Boozer if all goes right for him.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #25
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Stock up: Tyler Hansbrough (UNC)

He's added the mid range J and even the college three to his game, and this should at least get him drafted in the 10-20 range. He could be the next Carlos Boozer if all goes right for him.
I try to like Hansbrough but every time I see him I just think Here is another great college player that dosen't amount to anything in the NBA.

He's not big enough, hes barley strong enough.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #26
monthh
Local High School Star

Stock Up: DaJaun Blair

This guy is a beast inside. I know he is only 6-6/6-7 which might keep him out of the 1st round, but teams need a guy like this. I won't say too much because I know most people know he will be limited in the NBA, but for a team looking for a little depth inside, he would be better fit than a 6-10 guy who won't go all out for a rebound or power in a layup.

Stock Down: Austin Daye

This guy is kind of the opposite of Blair. He has the height, athleticism, and talent to be one of the best players in the country and a legit top 5 pick, but he just doesn't ever take over the game like a real star would. His numbers are okay, but on defense he tries to block too many shots and picks up too many fouls. At 200lbs, he is going to be a liability on the defensive end in the NBA. On offense he has great talent, but I don't trust him enough to give him the ball and let him create his shot like you wolud see an NBA star do. To me he is an NBA player that would fit well as a SF with some stars around him and he would just play within the offense like a Tayshaun Prince, without the defense. That isn't a bad thing, but if you are talking about a guy that was talked about in the top 10/5, you are talking about a guy who is maybe top 20/25 now.

Stock Down: Lester Hudson

I like Hudson and I think he can still be a 1st round pick, but he really hasn't show much improvement from last year. Normally that would be okay, but when you got kind of mixed reviews after having a great season last year, NBA teams aren't going to think any better of you unless you show some improvement. He still turns the ball over too much for a PG, although he would get more assists with a better team around him. Against two decent teams in Tennessee and Arkansas State, he went 14-43 from the field with 7ast and 10TO's. He really pads his stats against some of the lesser teams he plays, and I think NBA teams will notice that. I understand he doesn't have a lot around him, but you look at someone who he is up against for an NBA spot like Eric Maynor who puts his team on his back. You look at what Hudson did against Arkansas State and then you compare what Maynor did in a loss to East Carolina, and he played 41 minutes, 11-20 from the field (6-12 from 3), but most importantly only had 4TO's and 6ast. I know Maynor is far from an ideal NBA prospect as well, but there seems to be a difference between the comfort level of Hudson at PG compared to Maynor, Tyrese Rice, Curry, and other high scoring PG.

Last edited by monthh : 11-29-2008 at 01:35 PM.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:45 PM   #27
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Stock Up: DaJaun Blair
A young Corliss Williamson.

Quote:
Stock Down: Austin Daye
I posted a thread about him reminding me of Jared Jeffries.

Quote:
Stock Down: Lester Hudson
Don't like him as a pg in the league. Reminds me of Troy Bell from Boston College a couple years back.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:07 PM   #28
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Flynn's Stock went up again. Leads Syracuse to another come from behind win.

I think Giffin's stock went down, not a lot but Purdue shut him down and I think it was good for a team to just show that it can be done.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:18 PM   #29
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobraves
Flynn's Stock went up again. Leads Syracuse to another come from behind win.

I think Giffin's stock went down, not a lot but Purdue shut him down and I think it was good for a team to just show that it can be done.
That doesn't knock his stock down. 1 game doesn't knock a guy's stock down, but it can push it up.

And it's crazy when a guy can have 18 pts, 21 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks and it's a bad game
Old 11-28-2008, 11:25 PM   #30
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
That doesn't knock his stock down. 1 game doesn't knock a guy's stock down, but it can push it up.

And it's crazy when a guy can have 18 pts, 21 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks and it's a bad game
Ha I'm not sure how to put this but I think stopping him for a half showed that instead of a god he is only a king?

Does that make any sense?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: