Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 11-29-2008, 01:33 AM   #31
Grinder

Default Re: Prospect Stock Thread

What's really impressed me most about Griffin is his passing ability, didn't expect him to have that kind of post passing and court vision.

Is he actually 6'10"? He looks more 6'8" to 6'9" to me.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:43 PM   #32
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

do any of you think that griffen is a sf or is he pf only in the nba?
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #33
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

I can see Blake doing spot duty at the 3, but he should stay at the 4 primarily. He still needs to work on his post D. Larry Kinnard, who goes bout 6'7" was working him in the post during the UAB game. He has not proven to be a shotblocking threat, so playing good positional D will be important for his success on the next level.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:59 PM   #34
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobraves
Ha I'm not sure how to put this but I think stopping him for a half showed that instead of a god he is only a king?

Does that make any sense?
None at all.

Also Griffin definitely is not a 3. He doesn't have the ball handling skills to play the position and his jumper is inconsistent.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 02:11 PM   #35
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
None at all.

Also Griffin definitely is not a 3. He doesn't have the ball handling skills to play the position and his jumper is inconsistent.
or the lateral quickness to guard more athletic wings
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 02:22 PM   #36
monthh
Local High School Star

I think of him kind of like Marion without shooting 3's. He will have a hard time guarding 3's, but he can handle the ball. He often takes it up the court after a rebound. I consider him to be a PF that has some SF skills, which of course never hurts. I don't think having some versatility ever hurts because who knows who he will end up playing with. All I know is that if OKC drafts him, they better camp him out inside.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #37
tbp82
Can barely lace up my sneakers

This might be hard to follow but I like the fact that Griffin doesn't get overly aggresive on defense. He has to stay on the court for his team to win and him not getting in foul trouble is more important to his team than someone scoring two points. Finally to all the people doubting this guy. three straight 20 rebound games. This guy is crazy on the boards if he gives you half the 26 points down to 13 and five less rebounds down to 15 he is still far and away the best prospect. His ballhandiling makes him dangerous on the perimeter but he is a Power Forward in the NBA and if he really is 6'10 he might play a little center. His passing also makes him dangerous in the high post as well. I think he is a cross between Carlos Boozer and Amare. He has Boozer's body (if he is 6'8 like I think he is) but he has Amare's athleticism. This guy is the real deal.
tbp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #38
Dasher

Stock Downemar Derozan
The explosiveness that is supposed to be his trademark has not been put on display yet. He looks lost on the court, and needs years in college before he is ready for the NBA. The One Year rule strikes again.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #39
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Derozan and Holliday have both been disappointing.

Stock up: Ty Lawson and Danny Green...Lawson is probably the quickest PG in the nation. His playmaking skills is top-notch and he can get to the rim at will. Whoever snags him in the draft will get a real steal. Danny Green has improved his three point shooting and can pretty much shoot it from anywhere. He's a versatile, dirty work player and possesses freakish athleticism which will help him become a successful player in the league.

EDIT: Updated

Last edited by Mr_Basketball#1 : 12-17-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:07 AM   #40
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Stock down: Scottie Reynolds, guard, Villanova

Guy went from Big East player of the year to just an ordinary player in the Big East. Hasn't shown any improvement from his rookie season and is struggling to score. Shooting only 37% this year from the field with Texas being the only real competition. He's forcing himself into coming back for his senior season.

Stock up: Ahmad Nivins, forward, St Joe's

19/11/2 this year and against some fairly good competition (Villanova, Texas, Alabama). Shooting an insane fg% (67%) and from the ft line (80%). Has good size at 6'9" 240 and is mobile for a guy his size. (just check out this dunk vs. Villanova http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8_42WzHC98 ). What was holding him back last year was he lacked assertiveness. Really seems to be coming out of him this year with Calathes gone. If he could somehow learn to extend his shooting range out to 18 feet consistantly he could guarentee himself as a 2nd round pick.

Stock iffy: Tyler Smith, forward, Tennessee

Not sure if anyone else noticed this during the Tennessee/Temple game, but Smith was guarded the whole game by 7'0" Sergio Olmos. Olmos has possibly the slowest feet in the NCAA, yet Smith sometimes looked reluctant to attack the basket against Olmos, and when he did he didn't have much success. In easy terms...Smith was held to 6-16 shooting by Rasho Nesterovic 2.0. And two of those made shots came with the game already decided.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:01 AM   #41
monthh
Local High School Star

Stock Up: Wesley Matthews, okay I have talked about him enough tonight.

Stock Down: Paul Harris/Eric Devendorf, Harris was a guy I was watching for. He had big expecations coming to Syracuse, seemed to be adding a shot last year, playing more like a guard, and looked to become a matchup problem that NBA teams would want. This year his shot isn't falling and he hasn't really improved since last season. Devendorf was always on the radar because he was 6-4, but I think at this point it is clear he really isn't all that much better than he was as a Freshman and now has off the court issues as well.

Stock Up: Evan Turner, I didn't even know the kid before the year, but he has played really well and helped OSU get back on the map this year. He is a good shooter (proved that last year looking at his numbers), is a good rebounder, makes plays on offense, plays solid D, and has nice height for a guard. I only saw him play against Miami, and he did well, but I am going to have to watch out more for this kid because when I watched them I was looking out for Mullens and Lighty (who I still like because of his play his Freshman year).

Stock Down: Tasmin Mitchell, coming out of HS I was pushing this kid, but he really hasn't lived up to expectations. He had a solid Freshman year and came back really a better player across the board the next year. The injury last year really put him back, though. He is still a solid player, and maybe his stock was never that high to begin with, but in my book he had lottery potential, and at this point I think he would be lucky to even get drafted.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #42
LP 2.0
Banned

Jordan Hill has been rocketing up draftboards. I admit to not have watched him play this year, but he seems to be really be playing well. 17ppg and 12rpg, and shooting a really good percentage from the field.
LP 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #43
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Stock Up: Michael Washington, Arkansas

In my mind, he could be like a Ryan Anderson of the 2009 draft. Not in playing style but in terms of a player who's drafted in the 20's and should have been higher. Averaging 18/10.5/1 as a junior.

Stock Down: Austin Daye, Gonzaga

He's Jared Jeffries until somebody proves me wrong, and I believe he's primarily the reason Gonzaga has dropped so far.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #44
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Stock up: Jodie Meeks, Kentucky

No explanation needed.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #45
Dasher

Stock Up:

Jeff Teague G Wake Forest

His scintillating performance against The Tarheels of North Carolina was his national coming out party. Jeff has been on fire all year, and has led the Demon Deacons to a #3 ranking.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: