Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-21-2008, 07:01 PM   #1
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Toronto Fans you scared about Bosh leaving in 2010?

All you Toronto Fans are you scared that in 2010 Chris Bosh will be a free agent and among the top 3 free agents EVERYONE IN THE LEAGUE will be going after. Are any of you guys worried that Chris Bosh is going to leave because he can get way more money from some of these other teams and if we don't improve these next two years he would want to goto a contender ....what are your thoughts about this, all we are hearing Lebron, Wade, Bosh are free agents in 2010 and all the teams that have cap room will be going after them guarantee! Personally if Toronto can't keep Bosh in a Toronto Uniform i really don't see the raptors doing anything in the coming years past 2010, Bosh leaves ...... no other big name free agents would even consider coming here without legit players around them ..... what do yall think about this 2010 PROBLEM! are we going to even have enough money to offer to bosh that the other teams are going to offer .... ( NY if they don't get Lebron, Detroit, etc ......)

Last edited by jrcp3 : 11-21-2008 at 07:05 PM.
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:03 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Toronto Fans you scared about Bosh leaving?

Unless we could sign another superstar or at the very least two all-stars it would be devastating to the franchise. I honestly think he'll stay, but lots can change between now and July 1st 2010.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Default Re: Toronto Fans you scared about Bosh leaving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Unless we could sign another superstar or at the very least two all-stars it would be devastating to the franchise. I honestly think he'll stay, but lots can change between now and July 1st 2010.

Two years are coming QUICK, if we don't make it past the first round this year and don't sign a legit guard ..... Bosh will leave for the money in 2010 i think! Like i been saying we got 2 years left with Bosh/O'Neil/Jose for sure, we mine as well go ALL OUT, Hint' Sign a next player which means going over the cap alittle ......
Old 11-21-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Toronto Fans you scared about Bosh leaving in 2010?

Yeah I agree with you.

We need to keep Bosh happy, and I think were getting there but you're right, a legit wing and even some more depth would do us well.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:20 PM   #5
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Under CBA rules we can offer Bosh more money than any other team no matter cap space.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:55 PM   #6
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

alright well see about that ....... as we all know when it comes to money for the New York Knicks you can't even come close with them!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #7
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

All I know is after the playoffs are over in 2010.. the media, the league, and insidehoops are going to be gone crazy.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:13 PM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Raptors just need to win and win a lot during the next 2 years while they have the Bosh/O'Neal frontcourt. Colangelo can't afford to make any mistakes drafting or waste any more MLE's like he did with Kapono.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:18 PM   #9
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool

I just can't see Bosh leaving the raptors, if feels like he was surpose to come here. Well, thats what i thought about Vince Carter too, and looked what happened
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:19 PM   #10
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
The Raptors just need to win and win a lot during the next 2 years while they have the Bosh/O'Neal frontcourt. Colangelo can't afford to make any mistakes drafting or waste any more MLE's like he did with Kapono.

Colangelo could probably try and trade Kapono for something decent right now ..... tons of teams would love to have him and understand ( not like us ) how to use him correctly and efficiently, or even just trade him for a 1st rounder or something so we could clear some cap room so we could get someone else ..... Kapono's value will always stay the same, he's always just going to be that perfect shooter that everyone knows of him ..... so it's all good!
Old 11-22-2008, 08:34 AM   #11
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
alright well see about that ....... as we all know when it comes to money for the New York Knicks you can't even come close with them!

In terms of pure value of NBA salary, the Raptors can offer about 30 to 32 million more then the Knicks on the salary. I can't envision Chris Bosh leaving Toronto with us being able to offer that much more then anyone else.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:56 AM   #12
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3

Yes we can. There are rules in the CBA.

There is a maximum number of years and money a team can offer a player, the players current team is allowed to offer an additional year.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:29 PM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Bosh leaves, it wont be because of money. Our potential offer will be more than any other teams, the factor i'm worried about the mediocrity of the Raps.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:59 PM   #14
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

I was watching the Houston Washington game last night and at half time Jalen Rose was saying 'he's heard from reliable sources that Bosh and Lebron are going to NY in 2010" ..He seemed to 100% sure about it too!
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #15
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Yeah i heard that too and that irked me to no end since it's almost two years away . It's stupid talk just like the next statement. Lebron coming to TO in 2010 to help Bosh! Why not?? Two countries pushing your brand instead of one. It sure worked for Vince!
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: