Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #16
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Toronto Fans you scared about Bosh leaving in 2010?

Wow thinking about James and Bosh in the same team gives me a scare.. it will be a scary duo.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #17
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Has a player EVER turned down a max deal from their team to sign with another? I can't think of a single time. Mostly players will sign with their current team for the bigger money, and hope to get traded.

Why else would guys like Ray Allen and Redd take max deals from their mediocre teams at the time, instead of signing for 1 less year and smaller % raisies to play with Lebron in Cleveland a few years ago? Ray escaped...but look at Redd. Money talks.

BUT....I am definitely worried that Lebron and Bosh could buck this trend and actually leave money on the table for a chance at something special. With the money where it is now, it's bound to happen. They are already mega rich, guys might start taking pay cuts to play with certain guys.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:12 PM   #18
00playboy00
I brick open layups

00playboy00 has an OK reputation so far

yep unless we go to the ecf
00playboy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:31 PM   #19
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Has a player EVER turned down a max deal from their team to sign with another? I can't think of a single time. Mostly players will sign with their current team for the bigger money, and hope to get traded.

Why else would guys like Ray Allen and Redd take max deals from their mediocre teams at the time, instead of signing for 1 less year and smaller % raisies to play with Lebron in Cleveland a few years ago? Ray escaped...but look at Redd. Money talks.

BUT....I am definitely worried that Lebron and Bosh could buck this trend and actually leave money on the table for a chance at something special. With the money where it is now, it's bound to happen. They are already mega rich, guys might start taking pay cuts to play with certain guys.

yea that's so true ...... Money isn't everything, they want Championships and with them two together plus others Sky's the Limit, plus there good buddies as well
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:02 PM   #20
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
yea that's so true ...... Money isn't everything, they want Championships and with them two together plus others Sky's the Limit, plus there good buddies as well
Actually, in the NBA it is.

See: Joe Johnson, Elton Brand, Ben Wallets, Baron Davis, etc...

The only players who you usually see taking pay cuts for the sake of winning championships are superstars who are out of prime and no longer capable of carrying the load on their own.

So, not that i'm gonna say i'm not worried about Bosh bolting in 2010, but my biggest and only concern is how our (and by "our" i mean the real raptors fans in this forum, not you) Raptors team does between now and then. I think if we at least made the 2nd and/or 3rd round, he'd stay. But if we have another couple of first round exits or even a missed playoffs, I think there would be a good chance of him leaving.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:13 PM   #21
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Actually, in the NBA it is.

See: Joe Johnson, Elton Brand, Ben Wallets, Baron Davis, etc...

The only players who you usually see taking pay cuts for the sake of winning championships are superstars who are out of prime and no longer capable of carrying the load on their own.

So, not that i'm gonna say i'm not worried about Bosh bolting in 2010, but my biggest and only concern is how our (and by "our" i mean the real raptors fans in this forum, not you) Raptors team does between now and then. I think if we at least made the 2nd and/or 3rd round, he'd stay. But if we have another couple of first round exits or even a missed playoffs, I think there would be a good chance of him leaving.

No if we don't make it past the first round this year and next ...... not maybe, HE WILL LEAVE!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:18 PM   #22
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
No if we don't make it past the first round this year and next ...... not maybe, HE WILL LEAVE!
I know, so why concern ourselves with variables we can't control? All we can do is wait and let the games be played, and see where it takes us.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:31 AM   #23
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool

If we don't get out of the first round this year, its on me!
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:40 AM   #24
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

I'm hopeful he stays. I'm not going to spend 2 years being worried he's leaving.

Is it possible the Raptors could set things up so that they not only keep Bosh but also add one of the other marquee free agents in 2010?
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: