Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-22-2008, 12:08 PM   #16
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: O'Neal POSSIBLY Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps4Life

I don't get it, you opened the thread with predicting he'll be done for the season, now you say he'll be alright, you're an emotional wreck :)
you've gotta take what he says with a grain of salt. He was a Raptors fan at the beginning of the night and a Nets fan during game time.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:01 PM   #17
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Hope it's not too serious..Any know when we'll find out for sure?
Zan Tabak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #18
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

I presume a few of you are on pins and needles wondering how Jermaine's knee is and what the prognosis is.

Well, because we think of you first here in this little corner of the world, I can dutifully report it doesn't look like anything hugely serious.
Just left practice -- O'Neal sat out -- but he was walking okay and headed down to the locker room for another session of treatment on that left knee he hurt in the fourth quarter of Friday's game. He is scheduled to have another session with the trainers on Saturday night and another on Sunday morning.

A radiologist looked at the X-rays and MRI on Friday night, the team's doctors are having a glance at the films today and a decision on his status for Sunday against Boston won't be made until much later Saturday or Sunday morning.

But from the mood of everyone I talked to during practice, there's no concerns that this is any kind of long-term, debilitating injury. Does he play Sunday? Can't say for sure, but I'd guess they give him the day, and then two practice days, off and bring him back Wednesday.

And if O'Neal doesn't go, you can bet Jamario Moon's back in the starting lineup at small forward and Andrea Bargnani goes to center alongside Chris Bosh.

And I'm also told the league automatically reviews the Flagrant Penalty 1 foul on Sean Williams that caused O'Neal's injury to see if should be upgraded to a Penalty 2, which carries a stiffer fine and the possibility of a suspension.

There you go, all up to date now.

power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:25 PM   #19
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by power works
http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

I presume a few of you are on pins and needles wondering how Jermaine's knee is and what the prognosis is.

Well, because we think of you first here in this little corner of the world, I can dutifully report it doesn't look like anything hugely serious.
Just left practice -- O'Neal sat out -- but he was walking okay and headed down to the locker room for another session of treatment on that left knee he hurt in the fourth quarter of Friday's game. He is scheduled to have another session with the trainers on Saturday night and another on Sunday morning.

A radiologist looked at the X-rays and MRI on Friday night, the team's doctors are having a glance at the films today and a decision on his status for Sunday against Boston won't be made until much later Saturday or Sunday morning.

But from the mood of everyone I talked to during practice, there's no concerns that this is any kind of long-term, debilitating injury. Does he play Sunday? Can't say for sure, but I'd guess they give him the day, and then two practice days, off and bring him back Wednesday.

And if O'Neal doesn't go, you can bet Jamario Moon's back in the starting lineup at small forward and Andrea Bargnani goes to center alongside Chris Bosh.

And I'm also told the league automatically reviews the Flagrant Penalty 1 foul on Sean Williams that caused O'Neal's injury to see if should be upgraded to a Penalty 2, which carries a stiffer fine and the possibility of a suspension.

There you go, all up to date now.

Great News. No need aggravating it against Boston though. Just try and regroup for Charlotte on Wed.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #20
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

OMG...this is great news that he just listed day to day.

We're lucky this is happening early in the season and not when we are making our playoff push.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:41 PM   #21
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

What huge load off my mind. As crushing as the end of that game was, the early part showed how well Bosh, JO, and Bargs are starting to play together. I feel much better now.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #22
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Phew. Hope he doesn;t get his rust back. Took him 4-6 games to get it back. His 5 game double-double streak was officially the day when he lost his rust.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: