Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-21-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Default Finally made a move, what do you think?

I dropped Marc Gasol for Murphy the other night, with the idea that I could move Jamison and have Troy fill in as a poor man's Antawn for basically nothing.

With that mindset, today I traded Jamison and Udrih for Calderon, obviously trying to deal Udrih at a high point now before KevMart comes back.

I really needed a second PG to work with CP, especially with Tony going down. In getting Calderon, I increase my %s and assists without losing threes and much in steals. So if it goes through, my team potentially looks like this when healthy:

10 team roto, standard 8 cats, no TOs

CP
Gordon
Calderon
Rashard
Smoov
Murphy
Boozer
Okafor
Durant
Mayo
-----
Beasley
Kenyon
Tony Parker
waiver guy

FAs: Ronnie Brewer, Bell, Collison, Wilcox, Gooden, Thornton, Conley, McCants, Stuckey, Scola, Yi, TT, Delonte, Haslem, Varejao, Wright, Arthur, etc

any thoughts on the deal? Like it or no? I feel like I gave up a big piece, but I gained a big piece back and also grabbed an almost-Jamison basically for free.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:30 AM   #2
PuggyBank
Flagrant Foul-prone

Default Re: Finally made a move, what do you think?

Great trade. I watched the Raps game tonight and Calderon was incredible. You moved Udrih at the perfect time and the slight drop from Jamison to Murph is minor compared to the quantum increase you reap from JC.
PuggyBank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:24 AM   #3
runningdonut
I airball my layups

Your guards are unstoppable, especially when TP gets back. You should be destroying in ast and stl. How are you boards and blocks holding up with Josh Smith out?
runningdonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:15 AM   #4
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

My team is starting to surge in threes and steals before I receive Calderon, and he'll only help. Boards have been ok still, I'm an 8 in that so I cant complain at all. I've really fallen off in blocks since losing Smoov, but if I can manage to get him back soon I can remain competitive there at least, I'm only a 3 right now.

Does anyone think this was a bad move? I love the idea of having Calderon, just dont want to regret losing Antawn in the long haul, especially now with Boozer potentially out for another 7-10 days.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

I think the moves overall for sure. You didn't know that was going to happen to Boozer so you can't fault yourslef. I think you still have some 2 for 1s to offer up. TP might get you an upgrade at a position. Right now you have 3 studs hurt, you might want to move your least valueable of the 3, TP, in a package with a KD or Mayo or Murphy to get a stud player for that spot. You are deep enough that you can do this and not have a terrible bench.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:57 PM   #6
nkjordan23
Great young streetballer

Great move Ben...I just got Calderon too for Oden. I think its solid for your team. He really provides nothing but positives and changing to murphy shouldnt hurt too much. I like it
nkjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I think the moves overall for sure. You didn't know that was going to happen to Boozer so you can't fault yourslef. I think you still have some 2 for 1s to offer up. TP might get you an upgrade at a position. Right now you have 3 studs hurt, you might want to move your least valueable of the 3, TP, in a package with a KD or Mayo or Murphy to get a stud player for that spot. You are deep enough that you can do this and not have a terrible bench.

I hear you. I'd like to move a combo of TP and Durant/Beasley for an upgrade at PF/C that could offer some shot blocking, someone like Jefferson, although I dont think that's get it done. I'm just thinking that I might want to have TP around in case CP or Jose ever went down, or maybe I want to play all three and build a big lead in assists for a while.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:25 PM   #8
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Say I could get Dwight for TP and Durant... could I still stay afloat in ft% over the course of the year by having CP, Gordon, Calderon, Rashard, Boozer, and Mayo give me great ft%?

I guess I'm thinking I'd rather have low blocks vs. low ft%, but maybe I should look at it differently.

Or do I go a different direction and look at Granger, Jefferson etc?

Last edited by benJAMin : 11-22-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #9
RapsFan
Great college starter

I don't think any team can sustain Dwight's FT%...and Boozer doesn't help, he hurts in that cat also.

I'd do for a 'lesser' name, like Granger or Big Al for sure. If you like TP, the keep him. You could offer up Beasley/Mayo or Durant/Beasley for Granger. Even though it might hurt for a week or so until Boozer is back, in the long run, once you're healthy you'd be sick.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #10
br3akdwon
Frustrated Mavs Fan

Great move! I think you should stay where you are. Too many changes would really be destructive to your team
br3akdwon is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: