Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-22-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation
Default Do I need to make a move?

1st place in a 10-team, h2h league with daily changes.
My team:

PG - Devin Harris
SG - Allen Iverson
G - Steve Nash
SF - Gerald Wallace
PF - Dirk
F - Marquis Daniels
C - Yao
C - Nene
UTIL - JKidd
UTIL - Dalembert
BN - Jermaine O'Neal
BN - Duhon
BN - Brook Lopez
BN - Mobely
BN - Augustin

F/A's - Villanueva, Hughes, Sessions, Rasho, Finley, Q-Rich.. not much there.

I have Kidd, Nash, AI, Duhon, and Harris all PG's. Should I try and trade Harris with his value high? Or should I wait for Nash to string a few good games together and trade him?

I always win oreb, dreb, reb, blocks, assists, FTMs, FT% and sometimes steals and fg%. I'm competitive in steals and usually lose 3's and TO's.

I think I could get rid of a PG like Nash or Harris, because Duhon is a cheap form of assists and I need a SF. Should I try and send something like Harris for J-Smoove or would that not be enough? (Harris sell high, buy J-smoove low?)
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

Matt_3333 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Do I need to make a move?

If you ALWAYS win 7 cats, good in 2, and punt 2, then you are doing just fine I think...

If AST is more than enough, I think I would trade nash before harris and get some STLS which to solidify that cat.
Matt_3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

At some point in the next two-four weeks I imagine Dunleavy will be back, if not sooner. Daniels value will take a major hit at that point, although you could theoretically move Nene to F and then plug Dal in at C, creating space at Util for yourself to plug in Duhon to bolster steals and assists.

Thing is, owning Kidd and Duhon is going to hurt you in scoring and fg%. So maybe you look at keeping Duhon as a poor man's Kidd, and sell high on Kidd now. There's no doubt you'd miss his threes and steals, but if you could add another stud to your squad for free just by downgrading from Kidd to Duhon, you come out on top overall. Just an idea to consider, but if you're winning 7 cats each week, its hard to make a change right now, so maybe you sit tight.

Losing JO to injury last night really handcuffs you at this point, because I was thinking you could offer Kidd and someone like JO/Dal to go after LeBron or something.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #4
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
At some point in the next two-four weeks I imagine Dunleavy will be back, if not sooner. Daniels value will take a major hit at that point, although you could theoretically move Nene to F and then plug Dal in at C, creating space at Util for yourself to plug in Duhon to bolster steals and assists.

Thing is, owning Kidd and Duhon is going to hurt you in scoring and fg%. So maybe you look at keeping Duhon as a poor man's Kidd, and sell high on Kidd now. There's no doubt you'd miss his threes and steals, but if you could add another stud to your squad for free just by downgrading from Kidd to Duhon, you come out on top overall. Just an idea to consider, but if you're winning 7 cats each week, its hard to make a change right now, so maybe you sit tight.

Losing JO to injury last night really handcuffs you at this point, because I was thinking you could offer Kidd and someone like JO/Dal to go after LeBron or something.
Well I'm trying to just forget about 3's and tank them. So you think I should try and get Smoove for Kidd? And since I don't really need Dirks 3's, and I'm fine for points right now, and his lack of blocks and low FG% don't help me, do you think I could get 2 people that would help me in those cats for him?
Old 11-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Ok so I was just offered J-Smoove and Melo for Dirk and Harris.

Thoughts?

I was thinking of countering J-Smoove, Al Jefferson, and Maggette for Dirk, J-Kidd, and Nene? Think it's worth it?

Last edited by Remix : 11-22-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:34 PM   #6
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix

Thoughts?

Love it, especially for tanking threes. Melo replaces Dirk's scoring and boards, and his fg% will come around eventually. Smoov is sick for defensive cats, AND you arent forced to deal Kidd's steals, and although you lose scoring here, I think you make this deal for long-term implications. ONLY problem is you obviously lose FTM between Dirk and Harris, so consider that you might lose a lot of ground in that cat. Because of that you might even want to consider countering with Kidd rather than Harris, but I like the idea of selling high on Harris right now too, so its a tough call.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:37 PM   #7
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:

Thoughts?

I was thinking of countering J-Smoove, Al Jefferson, and Maggette for Dirk, J-Kidd, and Nene? Think it's worth it?

Hmm, maybe I dont like that as much as I first thought. You're selling high though for two guys that you know will be sick in return.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:39 PM   #8
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Quote:
Love it, especially for tanking threes. Melo replaces Dirk's scoring and boards, and his fg% will come around eventually. Smoov is sick for defensive cats, AND you arent forced to deal Kidd's steals, and although you lose scoring here, I think you make this deal for long-term implications. ONLY problem is you obviously lose FTM between Dirk and Harris, so consider that you might lose a lot of ground in that cat. Because of that you might even want to consider countering with Kidd rather than Harris, but I like the idea of selling high on Harris right now too, so its a tough call.
I accepted it. I think I'm gonna like having both G-Wall and Smoove.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:44 PM   #9
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Quote:
Hmm, maybe I dont like that as much as I first thought. You're selling high though for two guys that you know will be sick in return.
I really don't think Harris will keep this up. I kinda wanted a PF for Dirk that shoots 50%+, but I think it's impossible to lose steals, blocks, and assists.

Btw, the commissioner is my best friend and he was the guy I traded with and it's stil pending so I can get him to cancel it if I wnat.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:23 PM   #10
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

K ended up getting Melo/J-Smoove for Yao/Harris.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:26 PM   #11
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Quote:
Thoughts?
Old 11-23-2008, 02:37 PM   #12
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:

Losing Yao makes the gaining of Smoov's blocks a bit less of a blockbuster deal for your team. But you gained two very nice forwards, so you'll be fine. If Yao gets hurt or Harris cools off, you look like a genius, so you can be happy selling high and buying low on Smoov and Melo.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: