Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #1
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

Default too much fillers and a laid back coach..

We definatley need to make a trade, our team just isnt good enough.Bargnani is much improved and looking very impressive but maybe he's the most appealing piece that we can move to get something nice,but the "Italians" wont allow that to happen as in head office because they praise Bargnani so high and think about it, Parker isn't a NBA starter, neither is Moon they are just wasting time in our starting line up,as in (they would be far more effective off the bench). Getting a G.Wallace would do so much justice he's the kinda guy that can just step in and play (block..pts..steals..rebs...) this would help Bosh a lot when J.O has his off 10pt nights.Tell me how can you have your star player put up impressive numbers especially 40 pt games and u loose the ball game?...

A change has to come man ,and if it doesn't come now we will have another disappointing season ahead of us, thats why having TJ helped us so much we had another alternative, if one style didn't work that night we had another style of PG coming off the bench,now its just Jose and a supporting cast of average/below euro talent (Adams,Solomon and Ukic) ..the guys are ok ,but most of them wont even make a NBA roster.Grahams a waste of crap on the bench we need to get rid of him ,think about it if we had Parker /Moon coming off the bench we would be a lot better depth wise,Humphries is solid I actually like him but we just have to fill the void either in the starting SF/SG department and right now all arrows are pointing to G.Wallace.With regards to the coaching, Sam seems very laid back in crucial moments..It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know Vince Carter is getting the ball..No double?trap?plus from what I see he seems to make controversial substitutions, he usually takes the "hot" guys off too soon. Were not far off from being "good" but it will take some upgrading in order to be there, this is just my opinion and a lot of people i've talked to seem to agree with me.

Last edited by 23jordan23 : 11-23-2008 at 03:17 AM.
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:54 PM   #2
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Default Re: too much fillers and a laid back coach..

i agree with you with Parker is a legit starter though he can score and and has good size to defend the SG position. If we had a Small Forward like G-Wallace he would create a lot more opportunities for everyone else. RIGHT NOW bosh is the only player who is creating for others which is very hard ...... Jose doesn't really drive and kick THAT much compared to TJ Ford ..... Jose is a great shooter now if we got that SG/SF we would be good because our shooters will get there shots ...... Kapano is lost we aren't using him right this man is dribble more than he is shooting it, you see him driving the ball and he's always out of control when he was in Miami he was affective because he would just wait for the shot ...... Bargnani right now is looking amazing like i have been saying he needs to play outside and not down low .... his strength and is shooting and i like him with his pump fake and pull up ..... It's up to our GM to get that next player .... but with Bargnani playing like he is HEY we may be alright plus JO is amazing he allows Bargnani to play that Small Forward! ...... as for the Sam he doesn't have good effects on Moon, Moon is scared to shot the ball because Sam will get mad ..... he just has to let him play .....
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:42 AM   #3
new noise
madvillain

Congrats to both of you for making this thread unreadable. Form an actual sentence or two, and we'll have a nice intelligent discussion.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:16 AM   #4
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
Congrats to both of you for making this thread unreadable. Form an actual sentence or two, and we'll have a nice intelligent discussion.

There you go Mr Webster dictionary, I corrected it just for you..I wasn't aware that this was grammar school, I thought it was just a forum where people don't critique you on you perfect grammar ,but your thoughts and opinions of basketball.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23jordan23
There you go Mr Webster dictionary, I corrected it just for you..I wasn't aware that this was grammar school, I thought it was just a forum where people don't critique you on you perfect grammar ,but your thoughts and opinions of basketball.
I hear you Jordon, we've got some real spelling bullies on this forum who would rather everyone leave the board and no one post anymore, for fear of making a spelling mistake. A forum ghost town is what they're going after, i guess. We're all here for one thing, our love of Raptor basketball, not grammar school.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:26 PM   #6
bada bing
College star

you two idiots need to STFU. If you expect someone to post in your thread or reply to your post, you should type it in a manner that it can be read by everyone. Or at least be clear enough that you dont have to sit there and try to guess what the moron wrote. Doesn't have to be grammatically correct.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:15 PM   #7
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Calm yourselves.

Everybody is right. Posts need to be written in a manner that is easy to read or else the thread fails (such as this one), but theres no need to get all your panties in a bundle.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:29 PM   #8
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

Next time i'll remember not to post on the Raptor board and you stfu bada bing!I love how these virtual tough guys can act big and bad behind a screen.. I can type and spell how I feel, I don't need to be criticized by someone I don't give two shytz about..Its people like you that turn me off of these forums..If or when I do post something in a forum, just don't come in a read it ..if it doesn't suite your grammatical expertise ..I have nothing else to say you guys can post all you want.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:45 PM   #9
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
We definatley need to make a trade, our team just isnt good enough.Bargnani is much improved and looking very impressive but maybe he's the most appealing piece that we can move to get something nice,but the "Italians" wont allow that to happen as in head office because they praise Bargnani so high and think about it, Parker isn't a NBA starter, neither is Moon they are just wasting time in our starting line up,as in (they would be far more effective off the bench). Getting a G.Wallace would do so much justice he's the kinda guy that can just step in and play (block..pts..steals..rebs...) this would help Bosh a lot when J.O has his off 10pt nights.Tell me how can you have your star player put up impressive numbers especially 40 pt games and u loose the ball game?...

A change has to come man ,and if it doesn't come now we will have another disappointing season ahead of us, thats why having TJ helped us so much we had another alternative, if one style didn't work that night we had another style of PG coming off the bench,now its just Jose and a supporting cast of average/below euro talent (Adams,Solomon and Ukic) ..the guys are ok ,but most of them wont even make a NBA roster.Grahams a waste of crap on the bench we need to get rid of him ,think about it if we had Parker /Moon coming off the bench we would be a lot better depth wise,Humphries is solid I actually like him but we just have to fill the void either in the starting SF/SG department and right now all arrows are pointing to G.Wallace.With regards to the coaching, Sam seems very laid back in crucial moments..It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know Vince Carter is getting the ball..No double?trap?plus from what I see he seems to make controversial substitutions, he usually takes the "hot" guys off too soon. Were not far off from being "good" but it will take some upgrading in order to be there, this is just my opinion and a lot of people i've talked to seem to agree with me.

We would have to trade like 4 of our players to get Wallace...its not going to happen!

I'd say lets look at Golden State's players they have 7 wing players that are all better than all of ours, and a point guard in Williams that wants out & would be a perfect backup for Jose.

I say we make a trade with them before the trade deadline something like this:

Marcus Williams
& either Morrow or Azubuike & filler.

For Parker, Will Solomon & our 2009 1st round pick.

I'm sure there are even more trade scenarios for the warriors and Raptors but this is my first thought on it.

Any other ideas?

Last edited by HalphbreedBaller : 11-23-2008 at 05:05 PM.
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #10
Anther B Ballin
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I'm really not big on trading Parker. I agree with having him come off the bench, but I still want him off the team. Somebody who does need to go, though, is Will Solomon. I'd also like to see Ukic get more minutes.
Anther B Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:42 PM   #11
bada bing
College star

Quote:
Next time i'll remember not to post on the Raptor board and you stfu bada bing!I love how these virtual tough guys can act big and bad behind a screen.. I can type and spell how I feel, I don't need to be criticized by someone I don't give two shytz about..Its people like you that turn me off of these forums..If or when I do post something in a forum, just don't come in a read it ..if it doesn't suite your grammatical expertise ..I have nothing else to say you guys can post all you want.

make sure you do remember *****. now get lost.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: