Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-23-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far
Default Get one of the wing players from GS

I'd say lets look at Golden State's players they have 7 wing players that are all better than all of ours, and a point guard in Williams that wants out & would be a perfect backup for Jose.

I say we make a trade with them before the trade deadline something like this:

Marcus Williams
& either Morrow or Azubuike & filler.

For Parker, Will Solomon & our 2009 1st round pick.

I'm sure there are even more trade scenarios for the warriors and Raptors but this is my first thought on it.

Any other ideas?
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Get one of the wing players from GS

Marcus Williams sucks. I wouldn't give up anything more than a 2nd rounder for him.

They have some nice wings that would add to the Raptors depth but not do much else. I'd prefer the Raptors go after a true starting SG rather than "bandaid" the holes with guys like Azubuike or Belinelli or whoever.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Azubuike would be great ..... he is proven and can really score the rock he can get 15 points per game easily in the eastern conference.

Belinelli just needs a new start and new team, he hasn't really got any minutes in GSW and with Jamal it's not looking like he is going to get ANY. He would be great plus he's European so he would mesh well with our team and he's a decent shooter, he probably would become best friends with bargnani haha
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

we dont need more bench players. We need a solid starter that can contribue on the offensive and defensive end right away. We are in a situation that we need to trade for a star or a borderline star. The key thing is that we need to win and win NOW. We need to make Bosh happy. We need this team to be a solid 2nd-3rd rounder playoff team. We aren't going to do that with more bench players. Trade for a star.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:32 PM   #5
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
we dont need more bench players. We need a solid starter that can contribue on the offensive and defensive end right away. We are in a situation that we need to trade for a star or a borderline star. The key thing is that we need to win and win NOW. We need to make Bosh happy. We need this team to be a solid 2nd-3rd rounder playoff team. We aren't going to do that with more bench players. Trade for a star.

Thats going to be alot harder than you think it's still early and Bargnani is looking great at the Small Foward he is driving the ball nice now .. ..... it's HARD when your GM is worried to go over the Lux Cap though, but he has to understand Bosh needs to win now and be happy or else in 2010 he's out. Hope he makes a move soon Kapono is worth something still

Last edited by jrcp3 : 11-23-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:33 PM   #6
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing

i doubt to see a major trade this year.. simply because we have nothing in value...

JO Bosh Jose are untouchables.. BC is in love with Bargs.

we have nothing to give...

only moves i can see BC making is

a) fire Sam Mitchell
b) "bandaid" strategy as suggest by this thread (i would take Azuikuke or Morrow, no body else)
c) look to the free agent market or d-league for a young athletic guy

don't see ANY other likely situations then above...

speaking of which, why doesn't BC consider option c).. just sign a young decent size wing who can defend like Bruce Bowen?
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:59 PM   #7
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

any contender would love to have Jason Kapono the fact that he is a proven big time shooter, most teams would know how to use him ( unlike Toronto ) .... but the fact that his contract is so nasty would scare alot of teams off
Old 11-24-2008, 01:22 AM   #8
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

There will be teams looking to unload quality players as the season progresses just to unload salary. If we're willing to go over the cap some opportunity will present itself. Remember how Memphis gave away Pau Gasol for virtually nothing midway through the season last year. Don't discount Colangelo's ability to cop a steal from someone. Probably it will take draft choices as well, not sure they are of much value to us at this stage of the game anyways.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:12 AM   #9
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Marcus Williams sucks. I wouldn't give up anything more than a 2nd rounder for him.

They have some nice wings that would add to the Raptors depth but not do much else. I'd prefer the Raptors go after a true starting SG rather than "bandaid" the holes with guys like Azubuike or Belinelli or whoever.

Anthony Morrow is averaging 14ppg in only 25 minutes a game and he won't be getting more minutes because they are loaded at that postion and he is the best 3 point shooter in the league right now if he played 35+ minutes he could average 20+ per game...it would be a good move for the raps to get him via trade...unless the Warriors decide to unload there larger contract player on there wings. But they just picked one up in Jamal Crawford.
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #10
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Azibuke would be perfect. But GS wouldn't give him up.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:38 AM   #11
pocketWs
I hit open 5-footers

pocketWs has an OK reputation so far

If Brian Colangelo were to deal for one of Golden State's SG/SF, Kelenna Azubuike, in my opinion, would be the easiest to come by. With newcomer Jamal Crawford spltting 1 and 2 spot duties with Monta Ellis (when he returns) and Stephen Jackson starting at the 3. Azubuike won't be seeing major minutes even coming off the bench, Anthony Morrow is impressive for the Warriors and is gaining playing time, Marco Belinelli and Anthony Randolph are two other youngsters that should be geting a shot at some time off the pine. And I almost forgot (reading espn's depth charts), Corey Maggette and Brandan Wright, two natural 3s being listed at the 4 spot. it's also to be noted that all these players are under contract for at least the next two seasons. Where does Azubuike fit in?

That being said, it's still not an easy trade, the Warriors basic need seems to be the lack of a starting quality PF. Kris Humphries has a similar contract to Azubuike if we're looking at match $$$. But I highly doubt Golden State would go for this. Maybe add a draft pick? Crossing my fingers Humphries and a 2nd rounder? I'm still against the idea of trading Andrea Bargnani at this point, but he might be the key to a deal involving a legit SG.

I would love to see someone like Azubuike but deals for players like him, Mike Miller,Leandro Barbosa , hell, even for a player like Rudy Fernandez (all upgrades) will be very hard to pull-off considering team needs and Toronto's assets.
pocketWs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #12
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketWs
If Brian Colangelo were to deal for one of Golden State's SG/SF, Kelenna Azubuike, in my opinion, would be the easiest to come by. With newcomer Jamal Crawford spltting 1 and 2 spot duties with Monta Ellis (when he returns) and Stephen Jackson starting at the 3. Azubuike won't be seeing major minutes even coming off the bench, Anthony Morrow is impressive for the Warriors and is gaining playing time, Marco Belinelli and Anthony Randolph are two other youngsters that should be geting a shot at some time off the pine. And I almost forgot (reading espn's depth charts), Corey Maggette and Brandan Wright, two natural 3s being listed at the 4 spot. it's also to be noted that all these players are under contract for at least the next two seasons. Where does Azubuike fit in?

That being said, it's still not an easy trade, the Warriors basic need seems to be the lack of a starting quality PF. Kris Humphries has a similar contract to Azubuike if we're looking at match $$$. But I highly doubt Golden State would go for this. Maybe add a draft pick? Crossing my fingers Humphries and a 2nd rounder? I'm still against the idea of trading Andrea Bargnani at this point, but he might be the key to a deal involving a legit SG.

I would love to see someone like Azubuike but deals for players like him, Mike Miller,Leandro Barbosa , hell, even for a player like Rudy Fernandez (all upgrades) will be very hard to pull-off considering team needs and Toronto's assets.

Giving up Humps + 2nd round (or even 1st round) for Azubuike is fine with me... just that we'll be lacking PF now, unless of course Bargs doesn't start and plays PF.

I would like Barbosa and Mike Miller here in TO too.. but that means probably giving up on Bargs
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:25 PM   #13
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

GS already has Turiaf and Wright playing the 4. Pretty lateral move getting Hump just for sake of getting a 2nd rounder. Belinelli will be the easiest wing to trade for. Azubuike has a trade restriction anyway currently IIRC but I think he may be a FA next summer.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: