Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 11-24-2008, 12:32 AM   #1
Ives
I airball my layups

Ives has an OK reputation so far
Default Energy drinks before the game.

The thought never come across in my mind until now. Do you guys think it's a bad idea to consume energy drink (like Red Bull) before the game?
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:22 AM   #2
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Energy drinks before the game.

yeah..
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:11 AM   #3
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

thats so fkn dumb to do.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:35 AM   #4
Zak

Zak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputation

DON"T DO IT! Have you ever tried to run or play sports after drinking a soda, trying that with red bull will even be worse. Plus, energy drinks are horrible I've only drinken one in my whole life.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:07 PM   #5
Don't Stop Believing!!

3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yup...
3.2.1. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:34 PM   #6
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

H2whoa has decent reputationH2whoa has decent reputation

unless your rip hamilton..
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:49 PM   #7
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

doesnt work for me at all.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:25 PM   #8
Mordecai11
I brick open layups

Mordecai11 has decent reputation

I tried it... it helped for the first like 10 minutes in a pickup game then..... BOOM
In the middle of the game I just completely crashed and I felt terrible... don't do it
I also talked to a dietitian about it and she said it's bad for you so the answer is yes it's bad for you
Mordecai11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:02 AM   #9
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

If you didn't get enough sleep it might be better initially, but I wouldn't suggest it.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:17 AM   #10
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

What is contained in an energy drink that is usefull to a basketball player? The only carbs are all very quick burning suger. Protein? Fats? Forget about it.

Stay away from any supplement that is meant to get you a rush.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:26 AM   #11
kap
Great young streetballer

kap has decent reputation

ill add a little to everyone else.

im not a scientist or anything, but i read some research papers about this. anything that alters the body system(alcohol, medicine, energy drinks etc) generally dehydrate the body. so that's why drinking alcohol with redbull is considered dangerous because you will get extremely dehydrated without you knowing, and in some situations can be very dangerous.

so with that said, the same thing goes with working out/playing sports. playing in a competitive basketball game is really going to dehydrate the body, and if you add to that with redbull or something, it's really hard on your heart. im not saying you will get a heartattack or anything, but if you make this a frequent habit, eventually down the line, it's POSSIBLE that it may cause you problems.

my advice: try it during practice if you want, but don't make it a frequent habit. might not be good for ya
kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #12
ABPrints
Kids at the park dunk on me

ABPrints has an OK reputation so far

Please don't. We have an epidemic now at our school with the football players taking all tpes of 5 hour energy and the same. Cramps, dehydration, irritability, poor performance, etc. Simple not worth it. Get a good dietary day in the day before and proper nutrition pregame and you;ll be fine.
ABPrints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:50 PM   #13
raffster2
Can barely lace up my sneakers

raffster2 has an OK reputation so far

it will make you THIRSTY as hell. i wouldn't advise it
raffster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:32 AM   #14
Igwe_LDN
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Igwe_LDN has an OK reputation so far

No No NOOOOO!!!!

Just drink water or juice (and I mean JUICE, not Juice DRINKS). Most products that say Juice DRINK are just sugar basically. And just eat alot of fruits as well.

I tried all that energy wahala and all it did was make me more fatigued. I only stopped it recently and as hard as it seems to me, I dont get easily fatigued anymore.

And sugar aint good for the joints either so stay away from it.
Igwe_LDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #15
Riker
Prime Weak Era GOAT

Riker has not been impressing people

I drink Leaparade. It makes you leap to insane height after few sips of that potion.

I also drink Clutchorade, something that many prominent NBA stars today dont seem to be drinking.

And also, Andoneorade. To make fans ooh and aah after I pull my insane dribbles at center court until the sun goes down and ball park gets empty.

LOL

But seriously, drink Water. You should be good.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: