Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 11-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #16
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Big Al All day has decent reputation
Default Re: 4th Quarter Foye

I Think we do have some cap space actually, not positive though. What are some big men that will be available this off season?
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:35 PM   #17
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Players with expiring contracts in 2009 (unrestricted)

Kevin Ollie, Calvin Booth, Jason Collins and JUWANN HOWAAARDDD! YES!
All three together add up to about 16 MILLION! MORE IMPORTANTLY COLLINS AND JUWAANNNN HOWAAARDD!!! A LITTLE OVER 13 MILLION! NO PLAYER OR TEAM OPTIONS! WOOO HOOO! That means we have a lot of money to work with. That leaves us still at about 50 million for our team salary though, which isn't that great. But all teams go a little over the cap.

Possibilities for 2009
------------------------------------------------------
Drew Gooden

Jamaal Magloire

Rasheed Wallace

Rasho Nesterovic

Stromile Swift

Adonal Foyle

Chris Wilcox

Robert Swift

Theo Ratliff

I'd take Wilcox, Swift, Magloire or Gooden. I don't know about the others.

Players with expiring contracts in 2010 (unrestricted)

Mike Miller, Rashad McCants, Brian Cardinal, Mark Madsen, Craig Smith, Telfair has a player option
Keepers: Smith, Telfair and Mike Miller. We would probably sign Smith for about 3-5 million/year and Mike Miller for 8 Mill or less. Telfair is going to cost us almost 3 mill if he accepts is option. That is about 14-16 million in contracts and more if we sign (restricted) Rashad back, probably about 20 million.

Brian Cardinal, Mark Madsen are worth about 9.5 million: C ya!! CHING CHING!
There are a couple other players who have options, but I expect them to accept.

Oh yeah, Corey Brewer has a team option and it looks like we probably won't accept unless he is really cheap or bounces back from his injury. Another 3.5 million for signing free agents. CHING CHING!

Possibilities for 2010
------------------------------------------------------------
Patrick O Byrant (young, room to grow)

Nazr Mohammed (wouldn't mind having him, big defensive dude)

Ben Wallace (probably won't sign with us, unless we traded)

Marcus Camby (great defender as you know, wish we could get him but I doubt it considering that he is aging and has no rings to my knowledge)

Darko Milicic (wouldn't mind signing him to be honest, just would hope that we could get him cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if McHale signed him either but he really isn't as bad as advertised in my opinion. He can defend well.)

Tyson Chandler (impossible, he'll resign with Hornets)

Shaq & Amare (maybe Shaq, but I still think he has his eyes on another championship and probably not with us, he sure likes his hot spots)

Mikki Moore (too small for center, so we would have to get somebody else to go alongside of him...a great replacement for Craig Smith if he doesn't re-sign)

Kurt Thomas (yes please)

Brendan Haywood (sure)

LBJ: McHale might stop at nothing to bring him to Minnesota...lets face it...every team will. He is a sales bonanza.

So 2010 looks a lot brighter than 2009 and McHale actually has done a pretty good job setting this up IMO.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:44 PM   #18
04mzwach

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Would it be possible to sign Marbury? I'd be scared to sign him, but if it did work out...I think it would improve our team. A short-term contract of course. His credibility is so bad we could probably get him REALLY cheap, but is it really worth it?
Old 12-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #19
04mzwach

Jefferson looked pale tonight. I don't know what is wrong with him, but I hope he was sick because that wasn't a great performance so far.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:37 AM   #20
04mzwach

4th quarter Foye is back and better than ever. Did you see Al Jefferson raise his hands, before Foye even hit that game clinching 3 pointer? Foye is turning into a great player.

Worst case scenario: Foye declines a little, but still manages being a 2nd option or a 6th man.

Best case scenario: Wade with a jumpshot

Last edited by 04mzwach : 01-25-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:04 PM   #21
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

No quarter Foye showed up tonight
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:26 PM   #22
04mzwach

Sure a good time to slump though. Every guy has an off game. I was thinking that he has been relying on the jumpshot a little too much, especially the three point shot. I had a hard time actually posting it though, considering that he wasn't missing very many.

Now he had a bad game, couldn't shoot worth a s***. He seems to be so confident though and he got the game winning bank shot tonight. I don't see how he could totally tank, but a decline wouldn't be a surprise. He isn't exactly superhuman, but we will see how it pans out.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:48 AM   #23
04mzwach

Another bad shooting game against the Bucks for Foye, at least he racks up the assist numbers when he is off though. I felt like Al was being a ball hog early and that led to poor shooting all around. But Gomes is Gomes and he is either off or on.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:39 PM   #24
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Would it be possible to sign Marbury? I'd be scared to sign him, but if it did work out...I think it would improve our team. A short-term contract of course. His credibility is so bad we could probably get him REALLY cheap, but is it really worth it?
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...6~16&te=&cash=

Why New York does it:

We get rid of Marbury who clearly doesn't want to play for New York, and just wants to get out and play for another team because he has to many hard feelings with New York. We get Miller a run and gun player who fits in D'Antoni's system. Telfair who we were looking after last summer. Jason Collins and Mark Madsen are just players who make this trade fair by letting Minny to get rid of them.

Why Minnesota does it:
They get Marbury who can play along with Foye. Because Foye really isn't a PG more of a SG so Marbury can play PG for Minny and produce big numbers. Roberson also is a shooter to come off the bench and help Minny with their outside shooting.

Last edited by iDunk : 02-01-2009 at 06:48 PM.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:01 PM   #25
Big Al All day

I really hope and don't think Marbury will come back here. Sure I loved him when he was a kid and him and KG were the next big thing but now.... I remember hearing stuff about how he was gonna come back a couple years ago , but I think it was just to be with KG. They are still friends as far as I know and they probably are trying to make it not look like there is any bad blood.

But i am open to any trade before the deadline. Who knows I mean were not contending and a shake up is always interesting.

I think we should just make this the new General T Wolves thread for anything T Wolves, what you guys think?
Old 02-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #26
04mzwach

Randy Foye has played horribly the last 10 games and hopefully doesn't slump his first game without Al Jefferson this season. I know it will be tough the first game most likely. Randy Foye has shot something probably lower than 30% from the field the past 10 games. He just isn't playing well. I think it is partially due because of Al going bananas when he shouldn't be. It might be a step forward for Foye, though he has fallen in love with that 3 point shot sometimes. No wonder they are playing McCants right now, even though they wish he would start performing so they could get rid of him.

Too bad all that talent can't be put together the right way Mr. McCants. (I wish on a star, no, not really, but I wish)
Old 02-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #27
Big Al All day

We need to make a move. Mike miller is killing me out there. Foye was awesome but we have absolutley no inside presence.

Miller needs to go, I love the guy but I think we need to move him while he has some value. Maybe we could package him and mccants for somebody but we need a big if we hope to win another game this season.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: