Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-14-2006, 04:06 PM   #1
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation
Thumbs up What makes you a Laker fan?

Hey guys it's obvious there's alot of Laker fanatics on this board myself included let's really get to know the main reason on why or how we became a Laker Fan is it because of a particular player or the fact just living around LA makes you a true homer. ( Only true Lakers Fans need apply )

I might be giving away my age but I do remember as a little boy watching the Lakers in the days of Lucious Allen, Cazzie Russell, Don Ford, Don Chaney, Tom Abernathy and ofcourse "K.A.J" In the mid seventies. Those are the Laker names I'll always remember cause that's when I started watching BB and became a Laker Fan but not till they drafted Magic In 79" that I truly became a Laker Fanatic and have been following the Lakers religiously, and must I add have been PROUD to be a Laker fan who have really enjoyed it up to date.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

My story is a pretty interesting one I guess. I grew up in the San Fernando Valley and we lived all over the Valley Reseda Encino and so on. I was always a casual basketball fan but in the mid 80ís about 84-85 my family and I moved to no joke Celtic Street in the SF Valley during the prime of the Lakers Celticís rivalry. When we finally beat the hated Celtics of the 80ís I remember going with my Popís and getting Laker bumper stickers and putting them up over the Celtic St sign so we would live on Laker St I have been hooked on the Lakers since. Now I live in AZ and have to pay $150 a season just to see the games but to me it is worth every penny. My 1st year here was our 1s without Shaq and I still paid for the NBA LP knowing it would be a rough year. (Thatís dedication)
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:11 PM   #3
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

I grew up in the Mid-west and remember always staying up very late to watch LA play there games. Magic was the turning point for me living in Detroit. 1979 was it for me. My family are all sorry **s piston fan to bad for them.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:33 PM   #4
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Doesn't my username say it all?

I live in the Great White North and never had cable until early
1980, starting watching the NBA regularly for the first time.
When Magic did his thing in the playoffs as a rookie,,,,
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:17 PM   #5
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

i've been following them since I moved to LA in '76.
Later in life I lived in Boston...that's when I cheered the hardest for LA!!!
Now I live in Phoenix...cheering as hard as ever for LA!!
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:29 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

they were th first team i watched and i loved them after I watched them when i moved here in 96...

kinda miss some of the old guys...nick the wuick, Eddie Jones,

i like that roster better when kobe and shaq were on there.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:43 AM   #7
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
i've been following them since I moved to LA in '76.
Later in life I lived in Boston...that's when I cheered the hardest for LA!!!
Now I live in Phoenix...cheering as hard as ever for LA!!

Hey dude your name says it all man it's good to see a long time Lakerfan still "BLEEDINPURPLE" & Gold despite after living in those 2 hardcore cities full of Laker haters.That must of been one he11 of an experience if you lived in Boston in the 80's as a Lakerfan and I can only imagine that you're probably going through the same old BS living in phoenix now . Suns fans:stupid: are idiots I know from experience cause I have cousins there and made it a habit to attend both annual Laker games in phoenix, and had to deal with those rude obnoxious hardcore Laker haters not just at the games but through-out the valley of the suns.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:06 PM   #8
Rocker09
Rock & Basketball

Rocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected poster

I became a laker fan back in 2001....That is the time when I really got into basketball...I liked the lakers because they were the logical choice back then(championships)...Since then, I've always supported the lakers through all the bad and good times......btw, Im 19 now...
Rocker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:00 PM   #9
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LAKERS_3_PETE*
Hey dude your name says it all man it's good to see a long time Lakerfan still "BLEEDINPURPLE" & Gold despite after living in those 2 hardcore cities full of Laker haters.That must of been one he11 of an experience if you lived in Boston in the 80's as a Lakerfan and I can only imagine that you're probably going through the same old BS living in phoenix now . Suns fans:stupid: are idiots I know from experience cause I have cousins there and made it a habit to attend both annual Laker games in phoenix, and had to deal with those rude obnoxious hardcore Laker haters not just at the games but through-out the valley of the suns.

thanks dude...and you're right. I was in Boston when the Lakers were winning it in the 80s. My best friends were from Detroit, HUGE Pistons fans. I remember watching the lakers 3peat with them, beating Detroit...my Detroit boys dumped a whole magnum bottle of champagne on my head. good days.

in Phx, it's real bad. they hate Kobe. I was there at the playoffs this year when they booed him harder than anything I ever heard. they are feeling full of themselves cause they are doing well. still, they hate on Kobe.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:52 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
in Phx, it's real bad. they hate Kobe. I was there at the playoffs this year when they booed him harder than anything I ever heard. they are feeling full of themselves cause they are doing well. still, they hate on Kobe.

You live in Phoenix Bro?

Yeah i agree they hate him more...the rivalry was there even before the Nash signing....Kobe hit a buzzer beater against the suns when he was in his afro days...ohh man that was great.

Hopefully in the end of the days people realize they just watched a great hall of famer.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:56 PM   #11
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
You live in Phoenix Bro?

Yeah i agree they hate him more...the rivalry was there even before the Nash signing....Kobe hit a buzzer beater against the suns when he was in his afro days...ohh man that was great.

Hopefully in the end of the days people realize they just watched a great hall of famer.

they just love to hate on Kobe...they have issues.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:58 AM   #12
KB24
Kids at the park dunk on me

KB24 has an OK reputation so far

My dad is a Lakers fan, and got me into basketball in the late 80s (I was a kid ). I've been a huge Lakers fan ever since. I also live in LA so I get pretty much every game on TV
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:13 AM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24
My dad is a Lakers fan, and got me into basketball in the late 80s (I was a kid ). I've been a huge Lakers fan ever since. I also live in LA so I get pretty much every game on TV

lol so basically cheaper for you to be a laker fan?
Old 09-16-2006, 03:55 AM   #14
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

well here is mine. I was born and raised in LA till I was bout 10.Growing up in LA, I loved the atmosphere and how enthusiastic the fans were.. i started watchin basketball in 99 where I fell in love with the Lakers. I was bout 10 yrs old and just loved the game. As I got older, about 12 or 13, I started playing ball religously. I would tape laker games and literally study how kobe played. The more kobe clips I saw, the better I was a ball player. Have been a laker fan since...and when shaq got traded and people started counting the lakers out, it made me more and more dedicated to them. I still ball all the time, and will not miss a laker game no matter what. Basketball is my #1 priority, and Lakers are my #1 team. btw, im still a youngin compared to some here..17
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 04:42 AM   #15
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Became a Laker fan in 97 and come season time I actually switch my work schedule and don't work on evenings so I can watch every single game of the Lakers. Basketball is my life. Lakers are my life. Kobe is my life. Lol j/k.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: