Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-16-2006, 02:54 PM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
Became a Laker fan in 97 and come season time I actually switch my work schedule and don't work on evenings so I can watch every single game of the Lakers. Basketball is my life. Lakers are my life. Kobe is my life. Lol j/k.

and your work!

hahaha
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:30 PM   #17
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ok, so I refuse to say when I started liking the Lakers.... lets just say I was really young, and I do remember seeing Wilt and West play together, among others. I have always lived in So Cal, so my reason for liking the Lakers is easy... I represent! I've never bandwagoned.

And during close games, I am standing five feet in front of the big screen, screaming at the d*mn refs!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:38 PM   #18
KB24
Kids at the park dunk on me

KB24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
lol so basically cheaper for you to be a laker fan?

No lol, I just said I get every game because its rocks to be able to watch every game; because for NFL I'm a Niners fan, so I only get to see a few of thier games per season, which stinks
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:02 AM   #19
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Ok, so I refuse to say when I started liking the Lakers.... lets just say I was really young, and I do remember seeing Wilt and West play together, among others. I have always lived in So Cal, so my reason for liking the Lakers is easy... I represent! I've never bandwagoned.

And during close games, I am standing five feet in front of the big screen, screaming at the d*mn refs!

I like talking to experienced lakers fans.

Do you think with al the ups and downs lakers had they can win a championship soon?
Old 09-17-2006, 04:33 AM   #20
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

Lakers have been in a rebuilding mode since Snaq daddy left town, though it has been a slow progress interms of acquiring new talent, we are gradually headed into the right direction. The Lakers now entering their 3rd year in the post Shaq era will have to continue to make strides this upcoming season in advancing past the 1st rd.

As far as to winning a championship I only take it one year at a time instead of predicting 3 to 5 years down the line because if they can swing a deal to get a talented superstar the Lakers instantly become title contenders.

Last edited by *LAKERS_3_PETE* : 09-17-2006 at 04:55 AM.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 05:13 AM   #21
The Juice
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Juice has an OK reputation so far
Default Robert Horry

I wasn't a sports fan in general as a kid, but when i got to watch Robert Horry bury the kings in the final seconds and then the historic 4th quater comeback in game 7(?) against the blazers in 2000, i was hooked for life. I've been a diehard fan ever since then.

I have tons of respect for the lakers of old and have watched quite a few games from all the different era's, but it was when shaq and kobe were getting along, and we had fox, fish, horry, the old ac green in 2000 that i learned to love our purple and gold.

Last edited by The Juice : 09-17-2006 at 05:17 AM.
The Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:49 PM   #22
Student
Serious playground baller

Student has an OK reputation so far

Ahhhh gotta love the Laker girls
Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:26 PM   #23
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

The fact that I was born in the suburbs of LA and that this is the best franchise in the world.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 11:12 AM   #24
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

tradition, my dad always told me stories about mikan and baylor, west and then wilt chamberlain and i suddenly and slowly became a laker fan and have been a loyal one since 1980. living my whole life in LA has helped a lot too.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:38 PM   #25
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

KB24, you are a lucky guy to be able to get lakers games on TV. Happy for you.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:54 PM   #26
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Actually, I am a new convert to the Lakers bandwagon. The reason I am a Lakers fan is because I find the life story of Kobe Bryant to be so compelling that I can not help but cheer for him to fulfill his destiny.

This man was destined, since birth, to be the greatest ever; and if he can win a couple of championships without Shaq, he will certainly be arguably the greatest ever.

I'm not a Lakers fan as much as I am a fan of the inspirational life story of Kobe. And, just so you all know, the legacy is only going to be greater after this year. I've been saying it all summer, but I have a feeling this team this going to win the NBA championship this year. I think the additions to the team, as well as the projected development of returning players and young players on the team should make for an incredibly strong team. People need to stop sleeping on the Lakers. This team is strong.

Remember, if Kwame Brown ever decides to play like a man, and Andrew Bynum reaches even half of his potential, this is a team that is strong at every position, starter and backup.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:07 PM   #27
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
Actually, I am a new convert to the Lakers bandwagon. The reason I am a Lakers fan is because I find the life story of Kobe Bryant to be so compelling that I can not help but cheer for him to fulfill his destiny.

This man was destined, since birth, to be the greatest ever; and if he can win a couple of championships without Shaq, he will certainly be arguably the greatest ever.

I'm not a Lakers fan as much as I am a fan of the inspirational life story of Kobe. And, just so you all know, the legacy is only going to be greater after this year. I've been saying it all summer, but I have a feeling this team this going to win the NBA championship this year. I think the additions to the team, as well as the projected development of returning players and young players on the team should make for an incredibly strong team. People need to stop sleeping on the Lakers. This team is strong.

Remember, if Kwame Brown ever decides to play like a man, and Andrew Bynum reaches even half of his potential, this is a team that is strong at every position, starter and backup.

Well said Kkinchen: Sounds like most of us here have been Laker Fanatics long before Kobe came along and interestingly enough you're the 1st Laker newcoming fan to comment on Kobe as being the main reason why by specifying you're reasoning along with it. Surprisingly enough there hasn't been too many new bloods on this board mentioning kobe as being their main reasoning on becoming a Laker fan and continuing to stay as a Laker fan atleast not yet.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:20 PM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen

So wait are you a kobe fan or a laker fan?
Old 09-19-2006, 11:07 PM   #29
mr. crossover
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mr. crossover has an OK reputation so far

my dad was a laker fan so naturally i became one. but the day a really knew that i was a die hard laker fan growing up in detroit i got beat up by a group of punks for not giving up my laker starter jacket that i had got from delivering news papers as a little kid. man that jacket made me feel like i was one of the starting five on the lakers during the showtime era and i refused to give up my spot. man wish i could see those guys now.mad:
mr. crossover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:02 AM   #30
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. crossover
my dad was a laker fan so naturally i became one. but the day a really knew that i was a die hard laker fan growing up in detroit i got beat up by a group of punks for not giving up my laker starter jacket that i had got from delivering news papers as a little kid. man that jacket made me feel like i was one of the starting five on the lakers during the showtime era and i refused to give up my spot. man wish i could see those guys now.mad:

Lol never walk alone in detroit...damn...that sux...at least u kept ur jacket.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: